Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSSNS: Week of August 13th
Topic Started: Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM (1,814 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Since it's been the trend on some soaps recently it wouldn't surprise me if Sheridan had a brain tumor, either that or mind control...........
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

JERSoapsFan
Aug 13 2007, 10:15 PM
IMissAremid
Aug 13 2007, 09:48 PM
Pretty: They don't call mono the kissing disease for nothing.

Fancy: You bitch.

*giggles*

OH I loved that part!

I think I'm going to have to tape every ep of this from here on out, because I'm just enjoying this so much.

See, I didn't love that part, and I'm glad you brought that up because I actually forgot to rant on this issue that is close to my heart.

While the show is great lately, I feel the dialog is WAY off.

First of all, even playfully, in real life, I can't imagine anyone who'd say, "You bitch!" to that line. It's not even a rib, what Pretty said. It's just a FACT. And she's not offending or even playfully offending Fance in any way by saying something even a doctor would lightly say. So, poor dialog choice No. 1.

Now, for poor dialog choice No. 1. Remember when Spike was calling Tabs and Normda "lunatics" and such, when they were looking in the bowl and talking about saving Luis? Well, that made absolutely no choice because, by then (remember he was under their custody in a supernatural cage Tabs conjured, or Endora conjured -- I forget), he KNEW they were witches. So logically, you would just say, "There's a bomb, you ignorant people!" or something similar. Maybe he'd call them "idiots." But "lunatics" doesn't fly. Poor dialog choice.

OMG you hated that?

See I thought that was pitch perfect dialogue. I say "You bitch" to my girl friends all the time in that playful ribbing way. Mono sucks and if someone teases you about it they're a bitch, dammit! LOL.

ITA with you about the Kay stuff though. Loved it when they had that silly music and she was sort of twitching her nose. OMG.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The Kay magic stuff was hilarious, as was Spike as Edna and Norma's slave. It's good to see Tabitha being so active.

Sheridan was appalling toward Pretty but MW played it well. It seems Chris only returned for one day and I am thankful for that since Adrian is worse now then he was before. Glad they mentioned the effect on James. Wonder who came to Sheridan at the end?

Luis/Fancy was boring and the flashbacks and dream sequence felt like overkill. They shouldn't have did them both in the same episode. It bothered me for some reason even though I saw the need for them.

Gwen/Ethan/Theresa was nothing but setup and filler but I am excited for their stuff this week.

nassaunew

Tuesday's episode felt mostly like filler.

Deleted User
Deleted User

O-M-G, Phoenix. I know who came to Sheridan!

It's not a spoiler, but I'll bet -- something -- that it's none other than ALISTAIR HIMSELF.

Think about it: He hated Sheridan all that time because HE THOUGHT she was responsible for his beloved's death... but wait, what's this? She was ALIVE the whole time -- which means, after he found that out, he could stop torturing her. And after he could stop torturing her, he could focus on what he would have done all along with her: MOLDING HER INTO A TRUE CRANE! Hence, the attitude change, but still maintaining some of her old characteristics.

It's NOT Beth!

I cracked the code!!!

Yay!!! Gotcha, JER! ;) :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

^ lol this isn't a spoiler anymore since the episode has aired, but it was Luis.

I'm glad to see that Luis and Sheridan can still be friends...hopefully more one day. I loved the ending with them finding "Fancy" in the pool!! What a great episode ending, unlike some of the GET endings we got a few weeks ago. :lol:

The Gwen, Rebecca, Pilar, and ET stuff was superb. I loved the exchanges between Rebecca and Pilar. I also love the way Rebecca says Pilar-- "Pee-Lar". LMAO!

Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Aug 14 2007, 07:10 PM
^ lol this isn't a spoiler anymore since the episode has aired, but it was Luis.

I'm glad to see that Luis and Sheridan can still be friends...hopefully more one day. I loved the ending with them finding "Fancy" in the pool!! What a great episode ending, unlike some of the GET endings we got a few weeks ago. :lol:

The Gwen, Rebecca, Pilar, and ET stuff was superb. I loved the exchanges between Rebecca and Pilar. I also love the way Rebecca says Pilar-- "Pee-Lar". LMAO!

O-M-GOD.

I was truly shocked just now, finding out it was LUIS! (I finally watched my DVD). So I have problems with that. Remember: Pretty came in the indoor pool room WHILE Lucy were asleep, which means that after Fancy got up to speak with Pretty (as it was suggested), Luis was still asleep. So here's my problem: It's VERY out of character to believe Luis would see Fancy talking to a strange woman, when he woke up, and DIDN'T ask that he be introduced. I just don't see that happening -- EVER.

Speaking of Pretty (whom I adore! :wub:), I think they have to be playing this as camp. I mean, MILLIONS of men would accept Pretty, whose face is GORGEOUS and the scars don't even show until her hair's pulled back! As long as they made love to her from the side without the scar, men wouldn't care! So, Sheridan AND Pretty are wrong: she WILL find love. If she tries.

Yes, today was filler, but it was good filler. I'm keeping THIS episode too! Dammit! :lol: It's the supernatural things mostly. They're just on overdrive and I'm loving that!

ROCKS!

Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 14 2007, 07:44 PM
I was truly shocked just now, finding out it was LUIS! (I finally watched my DVD). So I have problems with that. Remember: Pretty came in the indoor pool room WHILE Lucy were asleep, which means that after Fancy got up to speak with Pretty (as it was suggested), Luis was still asleep. So here's my problem: It's VERY out of character to believe Luis would see Fancy talking to a strange woman, when he woke up, and DIDN'T ask that he be introduced. I just don't see that happening -- EVER.

That was a fakeout. Pretty arrived after Luis had left. Luis left during one of Fancy's dreams.

Deleted User
Deleted User

nassaunew
Aug 14 2007, 08:17 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 14 2007, 07:44 PM

That was a fakeout. Pretty arrived after Luis had left. Luis left during one of Fancy's dreams.

Wow, I missed that.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Yay Passions. Today wasn't as good as some of the other days but I still liked Spike's arrest and that body in the Crane pool for the ending. Since I don't read spoilers I can't wait to find out which bitch it is tomorrow.

King
Member Avatar

Luis has gone from 10 to 0 on the interesting scale. Put him back death row! Let him die die die! :flipoff: :flipoff:

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

King
Aug 15 2007, 02:07 AM
Luis has gone from 10 to 0 on the interesting scale. Put him back death row! Let him die die die! :flipoff: :flipoff:

LMAO!!!!! & ITA.

Luis used to be one of my favorite male characters and now he'a in the same boat as Migs~ :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The stuff with Kay, Tabitha, Spike, etc was the best part. Loved Spike being arrested finally.

Pilar/Rebecca was good too.

The rest was filler. I figured the person who came to see Sheridan would be someone lame. Oh well. Good ending with the body in the pool. I can't wait until the show picks up again because the first two days have been slow, other then the supernatural stuff which has saved this week so far.

King
Member Avatar

PSNS was really good the last two weeks, but its fading fast.

This week has been pretty boring.

bwilsonwriter

The only episodes I enjoyed this week is Spike scenes and Tabitha/Endora.

I can't wait until Vincent comes back on Friday because the last couple days been somewhat painful to watch without him.

nassaunew

Based on spoilers, I knew this week would be boring.

However, next week should be good.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

King
Aug 15 2007, 07:30 PM
PSNS was really good the last two weeks, but its fading fast.

This week has been pretty boring.

I was just thinking pretty much the same thing today. I wasn't spoiled for the pool thing but that still turned out to be pretty boring anyway.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Wow, I disagree! lol. I'm loving the supernatural stuff. Although I don't know how Paloah can act so rationally in this otherworldly place they've just been zapped to. That's quite bizarre.

And how about Lu catching Spikidan together?! Did NOT see that coming, ever!

Now about Pretty. There Luis was, calling her "Pretty," saying it's not hard to see why she was called that -- and then Sher shows him her face, the scar, and he starts saying things like, "She ****was**** so beautiful."

Just WHAT kind of message is this sending to young women?! That's what I'm worrying about right now. I mean, we know it's probably for campy purposes, because Mindy Seward is drop-dead gorgeous and even that scar (which only shows when her hair is pulled back) WOULD NEVER keep too many men from wanting to be with her and even marry her. But still, I draw the line somewhere -- and here it is. Because impressionable and naive teenagers who may be watching this (not the smart ones, since there are some, I'm sure), may think that men like Luis would be turned off by even the tiniest blemish. So that's when you offend people with aggressive acne problems, those with facial moles, freckles and a slew of other things.

I would hope that "Passions" wises up before they alienate a key demographic. In fact, when I get the time this week (and a photo of Pretty in certain situations), I hope to add to my signature the kick-off of my latest soap campaign. So, be on the lookout for that.

Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?! That means they taped THOSE promos alongside THESE scenes. How crazy is that?!!! It makes it even more bittersweet -- and on a personal note, it makes me wonder just what taping schedule they're operating on here! Has the delay shortened? Or did promos air later than they were taped? I don't know how that works. At any rate, I was shocked -- to say the least!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh, gotta nitpick about dialog again, lol.

What was up with Paloma jumping the gun on that being "our song"? I mean, think about it, when she said it, the music had almost JUST started. There weren't even words. I didn't even realize that was a cover of the song that it was until about a minute in. How could she have known she'd like that song after it played INSTRUMENTALS ONLY for about five or 10 seconds?! THAT'S INSANE! What if she suggested that be their song and the song SUCKED, in the end?

That being said, I loved the cover.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I don't think this week has been boring at all. I've loved all of the magic stuff and I've loved the G/E/T stuff....also Sheridan's scenes...basically everything. I haven't FFed through anything. I LOVE LOVE LOVED Luis catching Sheridan and Spike together.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply