Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSSNS: Week of August 13th
Topic Started: Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM (1,625 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Aug 15 2007, 09:06 PM
I don't think this week has been boring at all. I've loved all of the magic stuff and I've loved the G/E/T stuff....also Sheridan's scenes...basically everything. I haven't FFed through anything. I LOVE LOVE LOVED Luis catching Sheridan and Spike together.

I agree, psycho. What's boring? Just because plot isn't really moving, this is one of those filler episodes that's actually the most entertaining filler episode a soap could have on a given week. The way the show was early on. Even the filler was cooky and rocked. And that's what today was. Entertaining. Things didn't really move, no. That's why everyone's giving such acclaim to last week. How can you compete with rolling back time, an execution, the sheridan/Theresa stuff? The double wedding? etc etc? you CAN'T! :lol:

This week has been mighty entertaining!
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2007, 08:59 PM
Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?! That means they taped THOSE promos alongside THESE scenes. How crazy is that?!!! It makes it even more bittersweet -- and on a personal note, it makes me wonder just what taping schedule they're operating on here! Has the delay shortened? Or did promos air later than they were taped? I don't know how that works. At any rate, I was shocked -- to say the least!

The cast filmed the last NBC scenes the week of July 30.

I think there's around a 4-5 week lag time now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

nassaunew
Aug 15 2007, 09:28 PM
JERSoapsFan
Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?! That means they taped THOSE promos alongside THESE scenes. How crazy is that?!!! It makes it even more bittersweet -- and on a personal note, it makes me wonder just what taping schedule they're operating on here! Has the delay shortened? Or did promos air later than they were taped? I don't know how that works. At any rate, I was shocked -- to say the least!

The cast filmed the last NBC scenes the week of July 30.

I think there's around a 4-5 week lag time now.

Seriously?@!@@ DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. I did not see that coming.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

JERSoapsFan
Wow, I disagree! lol. I'm loving the supernatural stuff. Although I don't know how Paloah can act so rationally in this otherworldly place they've just been zapped to. That's quite bizarre.

And how about Lu catching Spikidan together?! Did NOT see that coming, ever!

Now about Pretty. There Luis was, calling her "Pretty," saying it's not hard to see why she was called that -- and then Sher shows him her face, the scar, and he starts saying things like, "She ****was**** so beautiful."

Just WHAT kind of message is this sending to young women?! That's what I'm worrying about right now. I mean, we know it's probably for campy purposes, because Mindy Seward is drop-dead gorgeous and even that scar (which only shows when her hair is pulled back) WOULD NEVER keep too many men from wanting to be with her and even marry her. But still, I draw the line somewhere -- and here it is. Because impressionable and naive teenagers who may be watching this (not the smart ones, since there are some, I'm sure), may think that men like Luis would be turned off by even the tiniest blemish. So that's when you offend people with aggressive acne problems, those with facial moles, freckles and a slew of other things.

I would hope that "Passions" wises up before they alienate a key demographic. In fact, when I get the time this week (and a photo of Pretty in certain situations), I hope to add to my signature the kick-off of my latest soap campaign. So, be on the lookout for that.

This show has been setting a bad example for their young demos since it started and moreso over the last 2-3 years (2005-early 2007 was like a rape explosion). Men raping women and being abusive to them and now the Pretty stuff that is so unbelievably shallow at times it's not even funny.

This week has been pretty boring. The supernatural is saving it big time. I will miss Silvana. Noah and Paloma are so great and I loved the magical scenes today. Edna and Norma were hilarious again and I am loving Endora and Tabitha.

Spike/Sheridan is always entertaining and kudos on the shock of Luis finding her with him. Didn't see that coming.

The rest was eh. The Pretty thing sucked. I expected much more drama then that. E/T/G is having a pretty crappy buildup to the big event on Friday. Gwen and Rebecca are entertaining but the rest is just bland.

I noticed the outfits too and figured they shot the promos at the same time.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?!

Eva Tamargo and Galen Gering are wearing the same outfits, too.

Have you noticed that with 3 more weeks left, there are only certain stars who've done the promos so far?

Eva
Galen
Mckenzie
Emily
Lindsay
Eric

Eva's the odd one in this equation because she has a lot less airtime than the others who've been doing the promos.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Good observation, nass.

I wonder if Eva may have a bigger role in DIRECTV? Passions has been using the vets alot lately, except Hyde and Ulrich.

Deleted User
Deleted User

nass, your observation is DEAD-ON.

I have to admit wondering why Eva did one. No offense to her, just saying.

HOWEVER. Remember, DTV has its own promos that include mac, Travis and Mueller.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm sorry, I have to add: I though it WAS BRILLIANT that Gwen referred to herself as a "starter wife" yesterday. EXCELLENT use of corporate synergy.
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 16 2007, 02:42 PM

Travis is so 5 years ago :)

Thursday's episode was the best one so far this week, imo. The pace was good.

kserox10

Not really liking this week.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

What's with all the heat that this week is getting? I honestly don't understand. Today, like every other day, was great IMO! Mac gave her best performance this week (even though I love her everyday) with Luis and then by herself when she was dissing Fancy. Luis was being so hard on Sher Sher....it made me sad...

Pretty, just STFU!!!!

I loved the ET wedding stuff....I can't wait to see how Theresa handles Gwen and Rebecca.

Deleted User
Deleted User

nassaunew
Aug 16 2007, 03:03 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 16 2007, 02:42 PM

Travis is so 5 years ago :)

Thursday's episode was the best one so far this week, imo. The pace was good.

You got me. I meant "Eric," lol. Good eye!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

psychofan
Aug 16 2007, 06:03 PM
What's with all the heat that this week is getting? I honestly don't understand. Today, like every other day, was great IMO! Mac gave her best performance this week (even though I love her everyday) with Luis and then by herself when she was dissing Fancy. Luis was being so hard on Sher Sher....it made me sad...

Pretty, just STFU!!!!

I loved the ET wedding stuff....I can't wait to see how Theresa handles Gwen and Rebecca.

I agree. Today was another "keeper" episode for me. It's the interactions, the sets, the production values. NO, nothing's happening right now, but that's why soaps have filler, in-between stuff. And it's great because the show is finally entertaining even in filler. There was at time when that wasn't the case and things were just off.

Tabby in her conga costume was a little disturbing. Something about the way it fit on JM was WEIRD! lol.

Loved the photo album and the shot of Norma aiming the axe at Tabs.

Loved Sheridan actually owning up to making a deal with Spike. That was gutsy!

Loved Whit catching Gwenbecca. That's the gold mine right there. We NEVER see Gwen be this "nice" to Theresa. I have to keep an episode with just that alone!

Although, I have to wonder about something: WHY must soaps always pull the crossing fingers trick? THEY'RE GROWN FUCKING WOMEN! If you're BOLD enough to lie to someone, you're bold enough to do it without crossing your fingers behind your back like a FUCKING THREE-YEAR-OLD. Because guess what writers? ONLY three-year-olds and maybe small children do that. NO ADULT, EVER, I'd wager (unless there's something REALLY wrong with them or they copied off TV) would give "crossies" so they could lie to someone's face.
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

Alistair's back!

Deleted User
Deleted User

AT first I thought Vinny was faking, and perhaps the show even faked US by keeping the camera on him after an interaction with someone, to suggest that, but now I think he's "for real," and this is how he gets off for the crime.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Oh, JER, I love you, but shame on you for ending the episode with Ethan and Theresa instead of Alistair's return!

kserox10

Poor Vincent. :( lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply