Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSSNS: Week of August 13th
Topic Started: Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM (3,104 Views)
nassaunew

KMAN, I think you meant to type 'Pretty' in the first paragraph.

KING, I don't think that Pretty and Fancy look that much alike. I think that Kam Heskin (Sheridan substitute) and Emily (Fancy) looked A LOT alike.

Decent episode today

The weak link was the whole Gwen, Ethan, and Theresa conversation. Blah, blah, blah

The Fancy and Pretty flashbacks and dream sequences were plentiful but well-done. It established their relationship prior to the acid attack.

I still don't think that Sheridan is Beth. Beth would have tried killing Fancy and others a long time ago. She would not have hesitated trying to kill Theresa.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

KMan101
Aug 13 2007, 01:59 PM
I am still on the Beth thing because I just don't see why JER is totally trashing Sheridan only to have him bring on Pretty months later to torment Fancy.

I dunno.

JER loves overkill, though.

JER's been writing it as Luis having no real loving feelings towards Sheridan. So, Luis/Fancy needs another obstacle or 2 since Luis is out of prison.

The Pretty thing, I assume, is a way to introduce the unknown child and to build up the mystery and suspense of it along with the blackmailer storyline. I think that Pretty will get her own storyline and love interest within 3 months.

I buy Sheridan being under mind control more than her being Beth. Beth wouldn't be crying about James nor would she really think that Marty is dead. She would be using alive Marty as a way to get Luis back.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 13 2007, 03:26 PM
KMan101
Aug 13 2007, 01:29 PM
Wow, Sheridan is such a bitch. Holy crap the way she treated Pretty today was appalling. I'm more convinced than ever it's Beth. I don't buy NBC's claim Beth and Marty are dead. I don't buy it for a second.

Love Tabitha, Edna and Norma torturing Spike. It's so deserved.

LMAO at Kay and her witchcraft.

Looks like Jessica's getting arrested ... It was so random today even though I knew it was coming.

I have to admit I kinda liked Luis and Fancy today.

Loved Ethan/Gwen/Theresa too.

Passions is finally back on track and I'm loving it.

Let's just get something out of the way right now: I liked the Prency scenes just like a bunch of you; the flashbacks helped us understand their relationship more. HOWEVER. Think about it another way, and you'll see why these scenes were very poorly executed. The girls SHOULD HAVE BEEN cast with younger players for these dream sequences. Well, the flashback ones. After all, they may pass for two years ago or three or even four years ago (and that's really pushing it)... BUT EIGHT YEARS AGO?! (Remember, the show is that old and Prency weren't even on the show back then.) To say nothing of the show's timeline. I forget how long Fancy and Pretty had been away from the mansion. The point is, THOSE flashbacks did NOT gel with the show's timeline (at least, for eight years). And I'd bet that even though I forgot the official timeline, those scenes didn't gel with it either.

So... REALITY CHECK, "Pash"!

Ha. You are forgetting how Passions operates. Remember the Eve & Julian, Alistair & Katherine, Martin & Pilar, etc. flashbacks to 30 years ago? These older actors played 20-somethings, and I found those scenes much bigger stretch of imagination than what we saw today.

Usually with Passions, once the flashbacks involve the characters being at least older teenagers and older, they use the current actors.

This Fancy-Pretty thing had to have happened at least 8-10 years ago. The girls would have been anywhere from 15-19.

Only the first one was a flashback. The second one in the pool was Fancy's dream, so the age made sense there.

nassaunew

Tuesday's episode felt mostly like filler.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 14 2007, 07:44 PM
I was truly shocked just now, finding out it was LUIS! (I finally watched my DVD). So I have problems with that. Remember: Pretty came in the indoor pool room WHILE Lucy were asleep, which means that after Fancy got up to speak with Pretty (as it was suggested), Luis was still asleep. So here's my problem: It's VERY out of character to believe Luis would see Fancy talking to a strange woman, when he woke up, and DIDN'T ask that he be introduced. I just don't see that happening -- EVER.

That was a fakeout. Pretty arrived after Luis had left. Luis left during one of Fancy's dreams.

nassaunew

Based on spoilers, I knew this week would be boring.

However, next week should be good.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2007, 08:59 PM
Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?! That means they taped THOSE promos alongside THESE scenes. How crazy is that?!!! It makes it even more bittersweet -- and on a personal note, it makes me wonder just what taping schedule they're operating on here! Has the delay shortened? Or did promos air later than they were taped? I don't know how that works. At any rate, I was shocked -- to say the least!

The cast filmed the last NBC scenes the week of July 30.

I think there's around a 4-5 week lag time now.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 15 2007, 08:59 PM
Anyway, onto another topic. Was anyone else FLOORED today when they realized (as I did), that Mac, Linds, Eric were ALL wearing the same thing they're wearing in the 'Passions is moving' commercials?!

Eva Tamargo and Galen Gering are wearing the same outfits, too.

Have you noticed that with 3 more weeks left, there are only certain stars who've done the promos so far?

Eva
Galen
Mckenzie
Emily
Lindsay
Eric

Eva's the odd one in this equation because she has a lot less airtime than the others who've been doing the promos.

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan
Aug 16 2007, 02:42 PM
nass, your observation is DEAD-ON.

I have to admit wondering why Eva did one. No offense to her, just saying.

HOWEVER. Remember, DTV has its own promos that include mac, Travis and Mueller.

Travis is so 5 years ago :)

Thursday's episode was the best one so far this week, imo. The pace was good.

nassaunew

Alistair's back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply