Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
IWBASS: "Days" 4th Season Official Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 14 2007, 04:56 AM (759 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I didn't see a thread about this yet, so I thought I'd start one. I'm watching the season premiere now. I'm guessing they are previewing it like they did with GH:NS. I'm loving Hoagie, Mary Beth, and Michael Bruno's reactions, so many of them are too funny for words. The cast seems like an interesting group of people. I'm just waiting for the episode when Marlena's Penthouse shows up, so we can see if the rumors of the set being sold are true. They showed sets from the show including the "Carver House" & "The Cheatin Heart" but no sign of the "Penthouse" yet. They also mentioned that the Season Finale would be Live.......

The ending of the premiere left me going....... :huh:

Cast Bios

Bo
Posted Image
Hometown: Gaithersburg, MD
Currently Residing: New York, NY
Hobbies/Interests: Golfing, snowboarding, traveling, juggling, dancing and can play more than ten musical instruments

This sporty guy hopes his easy going nature, competitive spirit and raw acting talent will give him the lead in this competition. But will his ability to compete comfortably in every sport help him in the acting world or will it be mistaken for overconfidence?

Ashlee
Posted Image
Hometown: Roanoke, VA
Currently Residing: Lawndale, CA
Hobbies/Interests: Shooting pool, bowling, cooking, sewing, gardening, dancing, singing and reading

As a mother and nurturer, this domestic goddess can not only cook and sew, but is also known to handle a drill and hammer quite well. With athleticism in her genes (her father is a former MLB pitcher for the Pirates, Yankees and Phillies, and is currently a coach in the St. Louis Cardinals organization), she is sure to endure the long hours on set and master the physical stunts with enthusiasm.

Corey
Posted Image
Hometown: Camden, NJ
Currently Residing: Lindenwold, NJ
Hobbies/Interests: Roller skating, bowling, mountain biking

While most kids in his Jersey neighborhood wanted to be rap stars or athletes, Corey grew up dreaming of soap stardom. He finds the challenge of the soap opera industry incredibly intriguing and gratifying, and thinks daytime actors are the most disciplined in the business. Will he be able to make his dream a reality?

Jimena
Posted Image
Hometown: Bogota, Colombia
Currently Residing: Miami, FL
Hobbies/Interests: Water sports, reading and watching films

She hopes her passion and commitment to acting will help her make it to the end. With her previous experience working on a few soap operas in Colombia, she is eager to break into the soap industry in the United States. Can she cut it here in America or will her soapy skills get lost in translation?

Justin
Posted Image
Hometown: Kendall Park, NJ
Currently Residing: Kendall Park, NJ
Hobbies/Interests: Playing guitar, exercising and watching films from the '30s and '40s

Working full-time at a tavern has exposed this Jersey boy to a wide variety of people, which has made him particularly attentive to quirks and characteristics and helped him to better understand human behavior. This understanding is sure to come in handy while having to work and live 24/7 with the nine other contestants on set.

Joyce
Posted Image
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Currently Residing: North Hollywood, CA
Hobbies/Interests: International travel, landscape photography, volunteering for arts organizations

With a committed work ethic, a high level of professionalism and the ability to laugh at herself, this strong woman may have what it takes to make it to the end. As an Asian American, she would love the opportunity to show more diversity on daytime television.

Yves
Posted Image
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Currently Residing: Los Angeles, CA
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing, basketball, playing guitar

This active guy believes his passion, strong work ethic and ability to listen and adapt is the key to winning the soap star title. He's known to put his heart and soul into everything he does so we can expect nothing less from him than 110% effort throughout the competition.

Monica
Posted Image
Hometown: Topeka, KS
Hobbies/Interests: Going to the beach, traveling, shopping, watching movies and being outdoors

This girly girl has been acting and entertaining all of her life, even if it was just for her family. She was a gymnast for 14 years and a cheerleader for eight years, and therefore has a competitive spirit. Will she rise to the top among her competition?

Travis
Posted Image
Hometown: Ottawa, KS
Hobbies/Interests: Carpentry, woodworking, hiking, camping, traveling, mountain biking, snowboarding, reading, acting, working out and automobiles

With a few recurring roles in daytime television under his belt, Travis would use the opportunity of becoming a recognizable soap star to speak about great causes around the world. His persistence and openness to learn and commit to difficult tasks could help him get through the tough challenges during the show. But will he survive the judges' critique?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ridge
Member Avatar

Now that I have SoapNet I'm looking forward to it.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Did it already premiere?

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

The formal premiere is tonight, but they aired it early early this morning (or late last night). I saw it & I'll talk about it tonight.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It starts in about 40 minutes! I am excited about it this season since the winner will be on 'Days'.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I've never watched the show..but i just set it to record..How many weeks does it run?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Aug 14 2007, 06:30 PM
I've never watched the show..but i just set it to record..How many weeks does it run?

I haven't ever watched this before either. This should be interesting.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

It's on!!!

Jonatha

Rick
Aug 14 2007, 07:01 PM
It's on!!!

It was great. I'm totally hooked. No faves so far. They all look amazing but can they act? :)

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Just finished the premier, and I really liked it. Some, right off the back I just don't see 'fitting' into the Day's cast, but we'll see. Defnitely seem to have more talent than years before, which is good, cuz Days needs newbies that can actually act!!

I'm psyched for the rest of the season. Should be a good watch!

jcar03
Member Avatar

They squashed the penthouse rumor being sold to Soap Star awhile back unless they are lying. I missed it entirely and I'm not sure if I will have soapnet when i move :(

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well just based off looks i like Travis best...I also think Joyce has a unique look and could be good..My least favorites are Jimena and Corey...Her accent is far too distracting, and he does not look like he fits in with Days at all...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I thought it was pretty good. So far, I like all the girls. Some of the guys act like they are only in it for the money and to use daytime as a springboard to bigger things. I know that is reasonable but alot of the girls seem to care alot about acting and the genre so I am on board with that. We'll see. I need to see more before determining a favorite.

Hoagie and MBE are good as judges. I thought she would be too sweet but she is critical enough to get by really. Hogan is just great. He is respectful but tells it like it is. Bruno annoys me because everything is about looks with him. It's gives soaps a bad rep when he says things like that. Ugh.

Good start though. Enjoyed seeing the Days sets and can't wait to see some Days cast members on.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I missed it, due to work. Anyone know a place where I can watch it?!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Kenny
Aug 15 2007, 03:46 AM
I missed it, due to work. Anyone know a place where I can watch it?!

They are replaying several times this week~ lots this weekend too~

Kenny
Member Avatar

I just saw a short clip. Monica looks like the female version of Sanjaya Malakar! They could be bro/sis! LoL No shit!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply