Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Tuesday...; loving China Lee.
Topic Started: Aug 14 2007, 04:00 PM (1,023 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well i'm watching the show on my dvr right now, and i'm loving it..it really is a good balance of vets and newbies today...First off the Andre, Bo, and Hope scenes are very intense...Steve and Kayla are sweet, love this baby storyline..Its so nice seeing the sweet/softer side of Steve, as opposed to the crazy/raving lunatic he was for months under EJ...

But the younger set got a whole lot more interesting today..China Lee is a riot, and i love her and Chelsea facing off...In fact this is the chelsea i love today, sticking up for Nick..and being proud of Nick for sticking up for himself..

Also we got some nice insight into Jeremy's childhood today...Trevor Donovan has really stepped it up, and is doing a great job...I'm still midway through so i haven't gotten to the max and jeremy scenes yet..but i can't wait..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I won't be able to watch until later, but sounds great!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

King the Max and Jeremy scenes rocked..this was by far Trevor Donavon's best day..I've actually really come to like both Jeremy and Stephanie..It finally seems like they are being fleshed out a bit..and they aren't making out 24/7 and calling each other stupid nicknames anymore..

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Really good episode today. I enjoyed Steve/Kayla/Stephanie scenes today. The scenes that Patch shared with his daughter in the hallway were very emotional.

I loved how Patch brought up the fact that Kayla would have to give the baby up. Poor Kayla.

Jeremy and Max scenes were okay. TD wasn't as bad as he usually is.

Andre/Hope/Bo all good edge of your seat stuff.

China Lee is a hoot! I can't wait to see Nick's step children LMAO!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Oh Michael i forgot there was casting news for Nick's step children..that shit is going to be so hilarious..Hogan did a great job, giving Nick and Chelsea something fun and entertaining to keep them occupied for awhile..

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to comment on dialog.

First of all, anyone else sick and tired of Nick saying, in perhaps every scene, "China Lee?" WE GET, it writers. It's a cool name. Now Nick said it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Next offender :the "leather folio." Most guys I know would call it a "book" or something equally generic. So, sorry, especially a guy like BO, rough-around-the-edges, rugged, manly -- he just wouldn't call it that. I don't buy it. And even if we can agree that he'd call it a folio (for argument's sake), he'd NEVER call it a "leather folio." I mean, case in point: I have a planner that's leather. Do I say "I bring my leather planner with me everyday"? HELL NO. I say, "I bring my planner with me everyday. Don't leave home without it!" "Leather" just isn't needed, and it makes the dialog seem unrealistic.

Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I agree, Kev. Great stuff with Jeremy today. I can't believe I liked Jeremy scenes. :-o

Dear Hoagie,
Thank you for today!

King
Member Avatar

Did they darken Trevor's hair???

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It's not called a book because it is not a book. It is a folio. My folio's are imitation leather LOL, but it is made to safeguard important documents, stocks, wills, etc. The document is inserted into the flat layer which is then folded into three parts and tied to keep it closed.

I am so disappointed in Hogan by making Jeremy such a wimp, crybaby. He could have had the super hero I was hoping for with mega brains, but no, we get another crybaby soppy male.

Nick and Chelsea were cute again today and yea for Nick for finding his brain at least momentarily.

My favorite part of the show right now is Tyler Kiriakis and everyone involved in it. I'd like to know more about Lauren. She intrigues me because there are so many ways she could have handled the surrogate, but she chose to have the baby, name him nicely, give him his father's name, take excellent care of him and did not blackmail the Kirkiakis family. She didn't just abandon him but took him to the University Hospital in Salem, an approved place to leave a child with no questions asked and I'd like to think she said a little prayer that his real father would find him.

Billie was definitely on her toes when she found the bib with the baby's drool on it and recognized that it would provide dna for determining if the baby really is Philip's.

King
Member Avatar

DFJ, ITFingA!!!! I love this whole Tyler/Pocket storyline. He is sooooooo cute, and it's actually a well-written story.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I kind of really liked Jeremy and Stephanie today but I hate that we have to think we've succumb to the dark side just because we find these characters likable now. Why couldn't they have been written this way with layers from the very beginning? Although I do hate that it looks like Jeremy will get the Salem get out of jail free card by blaming everything on the DiMeras since he's a Horton. Still doesn't explain why he dunked Stephanie in the hot tub and was all psycho that one ep. I just wish they could invest in some continuity for this show's characters, ALL OF THEM.

LOL at the China Lee-Nick wedding footage. But damn that pointA-to-pointC storytelling robbing us of what could have been some really funny scenes had we actually gotten to see the whole wedding happen. So sick of Chelsea-Nick at this point. I just want both of these characters to make a clean break at this point so they can develop independently of one another. I have no clue who Nick is any more other than some idiot obsessed with Chelsea getting played by women all the time and I want to believe there is something more there.

The Bo and Hope keeping Andre's appearance in Ireland a secret I guess is to allow them to later bust EJ's spot when he wants to blame the ice truck thing on Andre, but it still doesn't make any sense for Bo and Hope to keep this a secret from Roman or anyone for that matter. Of course why should I expect these characters to behave sensibly and with consistency when characters are nothing but plot vehicles under Sheffer and not their own entities to be treated with respect for their integrity and care for their history.

Steve and Kayla are firing on all cylinders right now. Thank you MBE and SN for sticking through the crap of the last year and still being able to give these great performances now.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This China Lee knows what she's doing. I really believe the video of the wedding ceremony is fake in some way. The talk about the step children was funny. Nick is being defensive towards her, but he is fucked.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DaysFanJean
Aug 14 2007, 10:32 PM
It's not called a book because it is not a book. It is a folio. My folio's are imitation leather LOL, but it is made to safeguard important documents, stocks, wills, etc. The document is inserted into the flat layer which is then folded into three parts and tied to keep it closed.

I am so disappointed in Hogan by making Jeremy such a wimp, crybaby. He could have had the super hero I was hoping for with mega brains, but no, we get another crybaby soppy male.

Nick and Chelsea were cute again today and yea for Nick for finding his brain at least momentarily.

My favorite part of the show right now is Tyler Kiriakis and everyone involved in it. I'd like to know more about Lauren. She intrigues me because there are so many ways she could have handled the surrogate, but she chose to have the baby, name him nicely, give him his father's name, take excellent care of him and did not blackmail the Kirkiakis family. She didn't just abandon him but took him to the University Hospital in Salem, an approved place to leave a child with no questions asked and I'd like to think she said a little prayer that his real father would find him.

Billie was definitely on her toes when she found the bib with the baby's drool on it and recognized that it would provide dna for determining if the baby really is Philip's.

Jean, I know it's a folio, you know it's a folio... but we both also know (I think) that guys and some gals don't talk accurately 100 percent of the time. People call Macs PCs (personal computer, not realizing that's a Windows term); people have been known to be lazy and call binders "folders." It's just a lazy, human thing that people do. I can honestly say I've never heard a person, outside of a TV show, and frankly, today, actually use the word "folio."

I HAVE a folio. Would I ever call it that? No. Because it's not everyday language. I know what it is, but I'd never call it that. See what I mean? It doesn't roll off the tongue like "book," or "folder" or "file" or something like that.

Having said that, as I mentioned in the post, if, for argument's sake, we agreed it would be natural to call it a folio, I will always maintain that adding "leather" in front of it -- twice no less! -- is pushing it so far it becomes bad writing.

The only example I could think it's natural is "leather pants." Not too many people have 'em, so when you need to distinguish, you just have to say "leather" in front of it.

But back to my planner. It's leather... I would NEVER, EVER call it that in front of someone. It just seems like I'd be showing off. "Ooh, I have a LEATHER planner... Well, big FUCKING deal that you have a LEATHER planner!" someone might respond, adding, "I'll alert PETA, bitch! Then we'll see who's bragging!"

So there's ANOTHER reason why Bo and Hope should keep their voices down and quit all the "leather" chit-chat. Before they even get to find out the DiMera secret, Kathy Najimy or another PETA rep will grab a hold of it and hold it hostage in their body cavity.

But I digress. "Leather" killed the church script for me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Aug 14 2007, 10:34 PM
DFJ, ITFingA!!!! I love this whole Tyler/Pocket storyline. He is sooooooo cute, and it's actually a well-written story.

Pocket is so cute. I mean, Miranda who? Endora who?! There's a NEW baby in town, folks! This kid is "It!" Excellent screen presence, infiniti "cute" points. It's just perfect casting with incredible players. (Mary Beth being MY favorite!)

But again, if Philip tries to stand in the way of Kayla having her dream baby, I will NOT be responsible for my actions.

Remember: wasn't this the jerk that wanted to abort? If you ask me, he deserves no parental rights for that alone. He was gung ho, too, hesitation. Just suckitout and get rid of it.

But now, being the BRAT that he is, of course he finds out something is his and he wants it.

Well, FUCK YOU, Philip! This is Steve and Kayla's chance to DO IT RIGHT and enjoy the parenting experience.

STAY OUT, BITCH!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxed Soul
Aug 14 2007, 10:53 PM
This China Lee knows what she's doing. I really believe the video of the wedding ceremony is fake in some way. The talk about the step children was funny. Nick is being defensive towards her, but he is fucked.

Yeah, but couldn't Nick and Chelsea check legal records to prove authenticity? It wouldn't take a lot of effort to verify that he's truly married.

And I'm still shocked that I'm the only one who was annoyed by Nick ALWAYS referring to her as "China Lee." That's not realistic! Who does that?! I mean, come on! I'm sure the writer of this episode was probably watching "China Beach" (old-timers know) with Dana Delaney when he or she decided to throw "China Lee" in as many times as possible -- JUST because it sounded cool, and somewhat like "China Beach."

It's just madness!
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

IA, JSF. He can give Cox a run for her money, but Endora is also sooo cute.

I just love Steve interacting with him and calling him Pocket Man! Something about that is adorable.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was good. The baby story is the best story this year IMO. The writing is stellar and we are getting good emotional material. Steve is so cute with "Pocket" and Kayla is being played perfectly in this position by MBE. SN and her are just great and Shelly Hennig proved today again why she is a find. She showed her range today and her connection with SN was evident. Good scenes and I was happy they went into Stephanie's feelings a bit.

Who knew Jeremy and Stephanie and the rest of the "Touch the Sky" crew would get so interesting? Stephanie has been much better and Trevor is making Jeremy tolerable. I liked bringing Andre and the Dimera's in. It fits with how "Tony owned a strip club in 2003 under Higley and since that was Andre, this whole scheme goes along with that. I just love Max seeing Max so involved in this. I am into this story now.

China Lee rocks. Chelsea and Nick are themselves again and loved Nick standing up for himself, along with Chelsea being proud of him.

Bo/Hope/Andre was intense and very good. We need more of this.

Days has had a more "together" feel to it this month. The balance is alot better too. I wonder if we are seeing changes already.

Keith
Member Avatar

Felt Shelley for the first time in this episode. I'm beginning to see what others have seen. She has the chops, but the character has been written far too one-note. More of this, and a better direction, and I may like her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Keith
Aug 15 2007, 02:22 PM
Felt Shelley for the first time in this episode. I'm beginning to see what others have seen. She has the chops, but the character has been written far too one-note. More of this, and a better direction, and I may like her.

I agree. When she gets material, especially when she has to show vulnerability, she knocks it out of the park. I've seen that in her since her first scenes with Steve in the psych ward. She has a connection with both SN and MBE and, if they give her solid material more consistently, she will really take off IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply