Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Exec Changes & Cast Cuts; and National Enquirer spoilers
Topic Started: Aug 15 2007, 12:14 PM (2,528 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Abe and Lexie's house used to be Roman's house. And then in 2002 I believe, they gave Roman a new house. It had dark walls. I liked it. It matched his JT's personaliy, dark and dreary. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapKing
Unregistered

Lol Drew, so true.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Aug 19 2007, 09:59 AM
Abe and Lexie's house used to be Roman's house.

Oh yeah... now I remember his house in the 90s. And I vaguely remember thinking the last time they showed Abe and Lexie's house that their staircase looked really familiar.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 19 2007, 01:41 PM
DrewHamilton
Aug 19 2007, 09:59 AM
Abe and Lexie's house used to be Roman's house.

Oh yeah... now I remember his house in the 90s. And I vaguely remember thinking the last time they showed Abe and Lexie's house that their staircase looked really familiar.

Yeah. Roman and Marlena's house use to have purple walls I believe. When they gave Abe and Lexie the set to use as their house in 2000, they painted the walls green.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 19 2007, 02:47 AM
Quote:

(SteveFrame @ Aug 18 2007, 09:01 PM)
That is the biggest thing I am hoping for Alvin. I just hope Days has the budget to show the sets. I have wondered if that is why we don't see Basic Black anymore.

DAYS owns their sets, and are permanant. The non-permanent sets, which are only used for story purposes are 'swing" sets. :)

Swing Sets -
Java Cafe
Ballistix
Salem Inn
The Cheating Heart
St. Luke's
The Blue Note
Salem Airport

Permanant Sets-
University Hospital
Alice's Place
Titan
Salem Police Dept.
Horton House
DiMera Mansion/Chez Rouge
Ej's Apartment
Sami's Apartment
Brady House/Pub
Kiriakis Mansion
Bo & Hope's House
Carver House
Mickey & Maggie's House (Was Nancy & Craig's House)

Marlena's Penthouse (Currently not in use)
Roman's House (Currently not in use)
Lockhart House (Currently not in use)
The Loft (Currently not in use)

I will never understand fully all the goings on behind the scenes and not sure I even want too. But I can't figure out if shows own these sets why they don't use them. I guess it has something to do with the people that have to get them ready or something.

But sets are just as much an identity for characters as the character's wardrobe, etc.

They define the character and the show. That is just like on The Edge of Night it was always hard to buy the Whitneys as being majorly wealthy because their mansion set was so badly done.

I hate that Days apparently owns these sets and so much of the action takes place in very few locations these days.

I miss the loft alot. That set was an elaborate set, but I loved the goings on there. I miss the Kirikis mansion and the Penthouse and so many others. Days had some of the best sets around.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Salem Place. I miss Salem Place, mostly because sometimes they'd have weird, funny movie titles in the background, and I appreciate that kind of added touch.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

px780
Aug 19 2007, 09:07 PM
Salem Place. I miss Salem Place, mostly because sometimes they'd have weird, funny movie titles in the background, and I appreciate that kind of added touch.

Salem Place was on of my favorite places, too.

Nowdays, we don't have any different settings like those, and it sucks. We hardly even see Chez Rouge. Its always the Brady Pub.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Jinxed Soul
Aug 19 2007, 09:18 PM
px780
Aug 19 2007, 09:07 PM
Salem Place.  I miss Salem Place, mostly because sometimes they'd have weird, funny movie titles in the background, and I appreciate that kind of added touch.

Salem Place was on of my favorite places, too.

Nowdays, we don't have any different settings like those, and it sucks. We hardly even see Chez Rouge. Its always the Brady Pub.

And the thing is... from Jan-April we never saw the Brady Pub. It was always to Chez Rouge and Chez Rouge alone. I don't know what the deal is with that.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

LOL!

Maybe they store the set away, and change every so often :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

We aren't seeing Chez Rouge anymore because they turned it back into the DiMera mansion. :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Theres WAY too much of the Brady pub on air now though. And, the Penthouse?! Its been ages.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply