Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Last Blast Dance
Topic Started: Aug 16 2007, 07:00 AM (611 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

Anyone miss the LBD? I do! Yes, I know, many of you hated teens and this was a part of teen storylines, but I loved those dances! Something would always happen and it was always dramatic!

Like the first LBD 2000, when Chloe showed up and took off her cloak and revealed that sexy red dress and then Jason spilled blood all over Philip and Chloe... also Shelle danced together for the first time...

Then next year, Chloe was naked in front of the entire school because of Jan's scheme! That was fun! :D

Maybe I am missing this, because we don't get ANY events like this (teen or adult events) lately, so I would take anything.. LOL
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Well, as a Langan fan AND ex-teen scene fan....and a JAN fan, I loved the last blast dances!!! My favorite was when Jan and Mimi put up the naked pictures of Chloe.

I also kind of enjoyed the last one where Shawn told Belle the truth about Jan's baby...even though (once again, since I'm a Jan fan) I HATED Belle and Mimi because of the way they were talking about her. lol...yeah, I know she's evil, but I still will defended her to the end. I just remember Belle and Mimi outside, not knowing that Jan was listening to them and they started talking about how lousy and evil she was. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh, that's right! I couldn't remember what went on that last Last Blast Dance in 2002! That's right! Shelle/Jan and the baby stuff!

I loved the 2001 Dance the best too! When Chloe's naked pictures appeared.. LOL

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I loved those teen scenes. It brought a lot of balance to to the show. We had the older folks with their parental matters and then the teens. I really thought we would start seeing more of that with Steph and Chelsea going back to school now. Whatever happened to that idea?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I did like the Last Blast dances. My favorite has to be their junior year in 2001. That's the year when Jan and Mimi orchestrated Opergirl.net. I thought it was great. The Philip and Chloe scnes afterwards were so sad. Philip was furious and left Chloe heartbroken.

The worst LBD had to be 2002. It was dramatic in which Chloe passed out, but it was pretty stupid if you ask me.

King
Member Avatar

I loved the last blast dance. And the one in the fall where Shelle did the John Travolta dance.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I hadn't really thought about the LBD in some time but after reading this thread I realize I do kind of miss them. Days needs more lighthearted events like this that you can count on. I mean we got the Horton-Brady 4th of July sort of, but that isn't enough. I am all for the characters doing more fun event-based things like this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As horrible as Dena Higley was, she did do a lot of event things that brought all of Salem together as a community. She did the Bicentennial thing in 2003. She also brought back the St. Luke's carnival with the infamous kissing booth. I think that should make it's return.

King
Member Avatar

Drew, I don't even remember those! LOL!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The LBD were alright but also extremely tacky. The best one was 2001 IMO. 2002 was lame until Chloe past out. Higley's events didn't really bring the cast together. The carnival only had people like Bo, Hope, Rex, Mimi, abe, and Lexie. I don't remember anyone else even being there. The Bicentennial was all about Philip, Cassie, Kate, Tony, and Sami with I think a brief appearance from J&M and Shelle. Bope were on the roof doing something at the time. She did give you more of a community feel though.

Ugh. Thinking about the teen years and Higley is making me sick. People say the balance is bad now but back then it was much worse or at least seemed that way.

I wish we could get more big events like this. I think that is why people are thinking back to them fondly. However, unless someone can send Corday some money for sets and such I don't see it happening right now.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I liked the Last Blast Dances too! The dancing was fun and something interesting always happened.

I miss the dances and stuff they had at Alice's bar too. I always got a kick out watching them dance!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Aug 16 2007, 02:06 PM
I liked the Last Blast Dances too! The dancing was fun and something interesting always happened.

I miss the dances and stuff they had at Alice's bar too. I always got a kick out watching them dance!

Yeah the dances at Alice's were entertaining.

Wasn't there one where Bart did a striptease? Funny how he didn't have a tattooed map on his back then.

And didn't Kate and Sami team up to dance on the bar together one time too? Or was it Nicole and Sami? I can't remember. Pretty sure it was Kate and Sami.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

^^Yep, that was Kate and Sami. I think that was at the Cheatin' Heart and Sami was pretending to be Nicole.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 16 2007, 02:15 PM
The LBD were alright but also extremely tacky. The best one was 2001 IMO. 2002 was lame until Chloe past out. Higley's events didn't really bring the cast together. The carnival only had people like Bo, Hope, Rex, Mimi, abe, and Lexie. I don't remember anyone else even being there. The Bicentennial was all about Philip, Cassie, Kate, Tony, and Sami with I think a brief appearance from J&M and Shelle. Bope were on the roof doing something at the time. She did give you more of a community feel though.

Ugh. Thinking about the teen years and Higley is making me sick. People say the balance is bad now but back then it was much worse or at least seemed that way.

I wish we could get more big events like this. I think that is why people are thinking back to them fondly. However, unless someone can send Corday some money for sets and such I don't see it happening right now.

People were there. Sami was there. Brandon was there. Eugenia was there. Lucas was there. Kate was there. Higley brought everyone there. I remember. :)

Manny
Member Avatar

Yay! So happy that there is so much LBD lovin'! :D

I thought for sure I would get booed for mentioning the teen era.. lol

But yeah, the show wasn't balanced back then, but I still liked the Dance! :)

And yes, it's probably because we didn't get ANYTHING like it in a long time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply