Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Thursday
Topic Started: Aug 16 2007, 01:37 PM (767 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Posted Image

YAY ANNA!

Discuss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for ANNA being on screen again FINALLY.

Too bad the Tony-Anna time was so short. I did love it when Roman walked in on them though. Josh Taylor played that well. But why the hell did they have Roman offering one of his favorite Australian sayings as "No worries, mate." That made no sense for the character or in the scene. Still, I could get into Tony/Anna/Roman if they do this well.

Hooray for anytime Thaao Penghlis and Joseph Mascolo interact, even if today's scene wasn't that exciting.

Meh to Stephax/Stephamy drama. I didn't really pay attention to Stephanie's crying in the hot tub until I noticed they gave her some new music behind her tears and I looked up to watch it. They weren't convincing.

I don't buy for a second that Jeremy had no idea that they were human trafficking these girls for prostitution nor do I believe that if this was a sudden revelation for Jeremy that the sexist pig who was on our screens the first two months of his run would give a crap about these women at all the way he is claiming to now to Max.

China Lee's kids were adorable and I sort of like her, but I don't get what the point is of this other than to show Nick being an idiotic wimp yet again and add yet another obstacle that the Chick pairing doesn't need as they already have enough angst as it is.

Sami and Lucas are simply repulsive. I don't see Lucas's protective instincts as loving in these scenes as they just come across as him bossing her around and Sami submitting to him like the simpering love slave that she is being written as at this point. Who are these people? When Sami and Lucas worked before they were both strong characters who argued all the time yet now Sami caves on everything and giggles at all his stupid jokes like a bimbo. Are they intentionally writing Sami and Lucas this shallow? And don't these two have a nursery to paint? Shouldn't they go shopping for baby clothes once when they are supposed to have twins within the next month or two?

King
Member Avatar

When did Nick become a leading man on this show? I am sooooooo sick of him!

Today's was poo poo for me except Anna and Ro!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I live Nick being main screen. I was starting to dislike him. But, he's looking so cute, and I'm loving his character these past few days.

King
Member Avatar

Darrin looked really bad today. Those bags under his eyes!

Reminds me of Jen from BB: "There were bags under my eyes...and they weren't even MY bags!" :lol:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Tony, Anna, and Roman made the show for me, too.

I enjoy Nick with Chelsea and when he is making sense. They were cute today. Don't get the China Lee and kids even a little bit. Is it to ruin Chelsea and Nick? It surely makes Nick look like a wimp.

TTS story is making no sense. I think it's been rewritten and what a slam for a male Horton.....grrrrrrrrr.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

Yep - Tony, Anna, and Stefano - the only reasons I enjoyed any of today's show.

Save me from the sounds of Lumi slurping - you can hear them even when they're not onscreen! If you have to kiss that loudly to emote passion, you're not doing it right....I think they're trying to make them cute, but failing miserably.....

I really hope things improve soon....

Jonatha

King
Aug 16 2007, 03:50 PM

Reminds me of Jen from BB: "There were bags under my eyes...and they weren't even MY bags!" :lol:

King, I was wondering about Darin too. But I think he was made up to look bad. Remember he just got beat up by some thugs last week, I think.

But anyway, it was all Nick and Chelsea for me today. They are so darn cute together. And Blake looked so hot in that tee-shirt today. He looks to be more filled out than when he first started on Days.

But Roman telling Anna about Tony's womanizing kind of caught me off guard. I don't remember Tony that way. Maybe they are re-writing his character. I didn't like the bit at the end when he was flirting with the nurse while holding Anna in his arms. That's not the Tony I remember. That nearly gave me a case of whiplash. I wonder what's up with that. :huh:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 16 2007, 08:02 PM
King

King, I was wondering about Darin too. But I think he was made up to look bad. Remember he just got beat up by some thugs last week, I think.

But anyway, it was all Nick and Chelsea for me today. They are so darn cute together. And Blake looked so hot in that tee-shirt today. He looks to be more filled out than when he first started on Days.

But Roman telling Anna about Tony's womanizing kind of caught me off guard. I don't remember Tony that way. Maybe they are re-writing his character. I didn't like the bit at the end when he was flirting with the nurse while holding Anna in his arms. That's not the Tony I remember. That nearly gave me a case of whiplash. I wonder what's up with that. :huh:

Unfortunately I fear it is Hogan's way of writing love triangles striking again.

In a recent SOD there was someone talking about how they see shades of Craig/Carly/Jax in Hogan's writing for EJ/Sami/Lucas and it was talking about the reformed bad girl having to choose from the swinging dick and the good guy.

I never watched ATWT so I have no idea what that means in the ATWT comparison context, but analyzing all of Hogan's triangles... Jeremy/Stephanie/Max... Jett/Chelsea/Nick... it sort of makes sense.

Now I guess we are getting the swinging dick being Tony with Roman as the good guy. Such bullshit they are doing this to Tony and Anna IMO, but that's Hogan's way of writing characters to suit his plot rather than respecting their integrity.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Jonatha
King

Unfortunately I fear it is Hogan's way of writing love triangles striking again.

In a recent SOD there was someone talking about how they see shades of Craig/Carly/Jax in Hogan's writing for EJ/Sami/Lucas and it was talking about the reformed bad girl having to choose from the swinging dick and the good guy.

I never watched ATWT so I have no idea what that means in the ATWT comparison context, but analyzing all of Hogan's triangles... Jeremy/Stephanie/Max... Jett/Chelsea/Nick... it sort of makes sense.

Now I guess we are getting the swinging dick being Tony with Roman as the good guy. Such bullshit they are doing this to Tony and Anna IMO, but that's Hogan's way of writing characters to suit his plot rather than respecting their integrity.

Yes, he is not copying them word for word or story for story but that is his pattern with triangles.

The thing that surprises me most is not that he is doing that anymore. I mean he is in his pattern but he is not copying ATWT. Even with it's problems his stories at ATWT were more exciting - at least so far.

But anyway the thing that surprises me most as you pointed out those different triangles is that he is following JER's pattern all of a sudden and making every romance into an almost triangle.

Right now only Bope, Jarlena, Payla, and Abe/Lexie are not in a triangle, but all the other couples are now part of a triangle or quadrangle it seems.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 16 2007, 09:22 PM
IMissAremid
Aug 16 2007, 08:57 PM
Jonatha
King

Yes, he is not copying them word for word or story for story but that is his pattern with triangles.

The thing that surprises me most is not that he is doing that anymore. I mean he is in his pattern but he is not copying ATWT. Even with it's problems his stories at ATWT were more exciting - at least so far.

But anyway the thing that surprises me most as you pointed out those different triangles is that he is following JER's pattern all of a sudden and making every romance into an almost triangle.

Right now only Bope, Jarlena, Payla, and Abe/Lexie are not in a triangle, but all the other couples are now part of a triangle or quadrangle it seems.

The thing with triangles is I don't mind them if they make sense. If there is genuine confusion and feelings of being torn between two people and you don't know who should be picked.

But it's obnoxious when EVERY triangle is two guys and one girl.

And it is obnoxious when EVERY triangle is rigged for one guy over the other one. I mean I certainly think EJ/Sami/Lucas has been rigged to let Lucas win, but hopefully the others are more fair.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I have to admit, in the last five minutes, Lumi were incredibly cute and rootable -- but did Hog have to make them embarrassingly horny teenagers to get me to that point, which, I might add, only happened because of a well-written "cute" scene that tied it all together?
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Yeah. That LUMI/Nurse scene at the end was....I don't even know the word for it.

It was...different?

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sami and Lucas can be very cute. I just hate that most often they are like two hungry animals. Marlena and John are often like that, too. Its kinda overdone and not an intriguing storyline.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I noticed Darin's eyes looked bad today too. I wasn't sure it if was makeup to look like he is still bruised or what. I do not like Max kissing Stephanie at all. There is no way I will ever be for them as a couple.

This whole China Lee thing is dumb, but kind of funny.

I liked the Roman/Anna scenes. Tony/Stefano was good too. I am sick of Sami and Lucas.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Max and Steph looked together! Its unfortunate that it is incest or I'd totally support them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Something I STILL don't get: is China Lee her first and last name, or her first two names that she goes by? If it's the first and last name, as I've thought, the characters are REALLY having bad dialog with all the "China Lee" mentions.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ok show. Loved Lumi. Max/Stephanie wasn't really bad.

Nick and the kids were funny too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply