Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: The Vendetta is Over?!
Topic Started: Aug 16 2007, 02:47 PM (1,069 Views)
Jonatha

Desperate for a dying Stefano to declare an end to the Brady/DiMera feud, Sami pressures EJ to setup up and save his life this week on Days of Our Lives.

"EJ's conflicted," admits James Scott (EJ). "On one hand, this is his father and he loves him. On the other, he knows that if he prolongs Stefano's life it may bring great pain to the family of the woman he loves. So he heads to the hospital to see Stefano and persuade him to end the vendetta against the Bradys before he dies; to leave that his legacy."

Stefano says he has to get in touch with Andre to end the feud and claims to have no clue where he is. Of course, Stefano then promptly calls Kate and ask her to meet Andre, retrieve the mysterious folio and destroy it. Meanwhile, Dr Rolf explains to Stefano, Tony and EJ that a slice of liver from a live donor might improve Stefano's chances. So EJ summons Stefano's biological children to the hospital. When Benjy and Lexie bow out, EJ is Stefano's last hope.

"EJ holds his father's life in his hands," says Scott. "He is burdened by this choice. He has to think about it."

Enter Sami. "Sami wants to keep Stefano alive so he can help them get to Andre. Then (the Bradys) can get the folio that holds the key to ending the vendetta," explains Scott. "She believes that if Stefano dies, Andre will start a massacre."

EJ finally agrees to be his father's donor, much to Stefano's delight. Not that EJ is 100 percent sold on his decision.

"But he's going to run with it," shrugs Scott. "EJ understands he can't move on unless this vendetta is over. It's the only way to restore integrity to his family."

And get himself back in Sami's favor.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for posting. Very interesting. I wondered how Stefano was going to recover after going to the hospital.

King
Member Avatar

I wish Andre would send them all to Melaswen and blow it up.

KMan101
Member Avatar

King
Aug 16 2007, 04:13 PM

I'm starting to feel this way too.

What started out as a fun story is just turning so convoluted and muddled

Ridge
Member Avatar

KMan101
King

I'm starting to feel this way too.

What started out as a fun story is just turning so convoluted and muddled

It's weird u said that b/c that was one of JER's (and I suppose ALL of DAYS for the past 7 years) biggest problems.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

On a postive note, great to see Benji and Lexie being brought into the mix as Dimeras..Its about damm time..I'm really just ready for something big to happen on the show..July and August have kind of been a bust so far..Good, but nothing amazing..

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I was discussing this with some folks on another board, but does anyone here get the sense that maybe June was a better month of DOOL because Hogan was tied up with IWTBASS and so he wasn't around to fuck things up as much? Because it seems like the quality went down (along with my enthusiasm/optimism for the show) in July and I can't really pinpoint why.

I am just glad that it seems the whole attempting to kill Lucas thing I guess was just a setback in EJ's redemption rather than him being cartoonishly bad again just to prop Lumi. Doesn't make it any convoluted but makes me less depressed about the outlook of this show.

Oh something else I just thought of... I wonder if the liver thing will even work. They have hinted at times in the dialogue that EJ might not be Stefano's biological son so I guess that would be a way for them to reveal that. Hmmm.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mysterious folio, mysterious disease (a liver will cure it now?), mysterious motives for the feud...fucking die, Stefano.

I don't see why Stefano matters anyway with indestructible Andre out there, and I don't see why Sami's all that worried about this. Andre and the rest of the clan are great at kidnapping people, which can be annoying, but he's not lately been successful at killing people. And even kidnapped they don't really suffer until people start looking for them. Nice island replica with a bunch of your friends, programmed to steal art, or something, in Europe while pretending to be a princess...not really all that bad. Especially for Chelsea, actually, who went from a nice calm family to, like, running over children on accident after rejoining the fold. Sami should be lobbying to go away for awhile.

About the show quality- I don't think there was a real dip. I just think there was a fair bit of hype about this storyline and that created expectations that the writers are totally incapable of fulfilling. Or unwilling to fulfill- I'm starting to think they are systematically destroying everything long-time viewers have wanted to see so we'll shut up about it.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

px - not willing is the key word. They are not incapable of fulfilling it. Or maybe they are. Maybe Hogan Sheffer didn't deserve any of his Emmys. I don't think that but he is not able to write a better story than this with the staff that he has who are pretty good writers (much better than JER had) then it just makes you wonder.

I mean overall the acting is still good. No complaints there.

The characters are still interesting. No complaints there.

The basic premises of the stories are good. No complaints there.

The basic balance of the show is better than earlier this year, but still needs lots of work with the people who should be more involved in the story included. Just a little complaint there

Those are positive things about the show.

But to me many of those things were there under JER. His stories were okay on paper or sounded good in spoilers. The acting was always top notch - just look at Reckell, Alfonso, Hall during the SSK story, Sweeney, Judi Evans who was always great as Bonnie alone for examples. But JER lacked execution and creativity with his stories. It was all triangles. And he lacked a good writing staff.

Days has more things going for it now, but not since the trip that Marlena & John took to Italy and Victor's hiding of Philip so that he could get Claire and the courtroom scenes has Days mesmerized me or drew me in.

I read the spoilers and things look okay on paper and what is really bad is the stuff that looks really good, when you watch it there is just nothing. It is so disappointing. Way too much happens off screen. And way too many points that could cause drama or intrigue are overlooked.

Hogan and this staff have the chops to do so much better. They are ten times more talented than JER and his staff but why is the show still failing to draw me in. It's the stories.

And there is way too many dropped things. I mean how many times has the rape of Sami been dropped and then comes back up and now it is dropped again when it was dealt with so much for a little while as if we were going to get a big story out of it. Then nothing. And then last week it looked like old EJ was coming back and I was actually a little excited about that. And then this sounds like EJ is taking some steps backwards again.

I mean if they are going to redeem EJ get on the path and stick with it. Make up your mind and quit changing it every other week.

Hogan and this team are talented enough. I think you hit it on the head that it may if they are willing too. And who knows they may just be holding back for now. WAiting for the next set of changes to be made whatever they are.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Meh, I guess there are many reasons; There are probably a shit load of things we can attribute to or blame. All I know is this storyline and this show as a whole has bored the shit out of me for ALL of summer. Nothing has been cohesive and the show seems to have banked on the returns once again to build people back. This Stefano is not the 80's Stefano that I know. And his involvement has been so lame. I'm glad Sweeney is the head (much better her than the younger ones), but still, this storyline doesn't interest me.

The only thing that does is this Jett/Jeremy/Stephanie/Max story. Weird since that is the hated one LOL. IMO, it's one of the better 'younger' set stories the show has had recently.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I agree Ridge about the young story. I am still having problems with Trevor and Shelly but getting more used to them. I actually like this story better overall than Nick & Chelsea's story. Nick & Chelsea were good in the beginning but the way that story went it has gotten terrible. I just almost hate when they are on. I am not sure why they went the route they did with the Nick/Chelsea story but they really ruined for me one of the better young couples they have had in a long time.

I hope Trevor & Shelly will continue to grow. I am still not crazy about this version of Jeremy Donovon, but willing to give it a chance a little more than I was because Trevor is growing some.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply