Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Sydney Penny Talks About Future Storylines
Topic Started: Aug 16 2007, 08:52 PM (314 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

Sydney Penny Returns to 'All My Children,' Talks About Future Storylines Involving her Character

August 15, 2007

Actress Sydney Penny recently ended her maternity leave and is expected back on All My Children by the end of this month. Despite having been off the set for nearly three months, the 36-year old actress has been relishing the time she has been able to spend with her new baby boy, Chasen.

“I'm just enjoying this time with the baby. It's the best. I can't believe it's happening!” Penny told TV Guide while she was still on maternity leave, adding that Chasen has been behaving really well.

“He doesn't cry a lot, only if there's really something bothering him. I suppose I'm tired but I'm just having a good time. It's been a really lovely time and we're enjoying it,” she said.

On All My Children, Sydney Penny plays Julia Santos Keefer, who, coincidentally, has had a strong desire to have a baby of her own.

“Her life has become more stable now that she has friends and a good job. It's everything she was missing during her 10 years [on the run from gangsters], yet there's still something missing,” Penny said of her character, who was previously involved with Jamie Martin (Justin Bruening) and has an adopted daughter named Kathy.

Since the writers of the show decided not to write Sydney Penny's pregnancy into All My Children, Penny's Julia was said to be visiting the entire Santos clan in California in the hopes of introducing Kathy to the family.

“Julia wants to make her life all about Kathy,” Penny said, adding that Julia's relationship with her adopted daughter will be further explored in the fall. Another storyline that Penny said she is looking forward to is the possibility that Kathy is the long-lost daughter of Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight) and the late Dixie Cooney (Cady McLain).

Sydney Penny is scheduled to return to All My Children on August 31.

-Lisa Claustro, BuddyTV Staff Columnist

From ME: One question - what does she mean "the possibility that Kathy is the...."

Surely the writers are not going to change that. It is one of the only things even keeping me tied to AMC at all. I have no hopes of Dixie's return at least give Tad his daughter.
Source: www.thesoapdispenser.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AndyAMC
Member Avatar

They've GOT to make her Kate - Tad keeps mentioning Kate (which means they don't want us to forget while Julia is gone) - and Dixie's last scene was of her ghost blowing a kiss to Kathy bc she realized it was Kate!

B&E would be stupid to re-write all of that...

kserox10

I agree, they can't re-write all this Kate stuff!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply