Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Friday
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 11:39 AM (1,053 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Friday, Aug. 17

Posted Image

[DOHTML]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjSQ4ksaZaw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjSQ4ksaZaw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/DOHTML]

Puzzle box >>>>>>>>>>> Leather Folio

DISCUSS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I didn't like today's.

Max/Stephanie, LUMI....

I guess the highlight of today was EJ/Tony.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

EJ and Tony were the highlight of the show. I was curious to see how the first EJ-Tony scenes would play when the EJ-Andre scenes have been so great and they didn't disappoint, JS and TP just work together so well. I wish we could get a story where EJ was the son of Tony and Anna. I also like that maybe they were explaining the ice truck thing today to be a case of EJ slipping up and falling back into his DiMera ways while he still strives to be a better person rather than a total character 180 back to evil. That actually makes sense. Overall it was just a well-acted, interesting scene... however I don't like them setting up Tony as a womanizer. I also don't think it's true that EJ never wanted to head the DiMera family. And I don't understand EJ's history that last fall he had a British nanny, then in May we were told he grew up in Maison Blanche and now we are told he didn't really spend that much time with Stefano because he was sent away to British boarding schools? Pick an EJ mythology, spell it out clearly and then STICK WITH IT, DOOL writers.

Also... about that folio... I hate that they are building this up so much for so long without telling us what's inside because undoubtedly the contents are going to disappoint and it will be revealed and just be lame. And am I the only one who thought the music during the EJ-Sami-Lucas scene was kind of OFF. Like there was this weird music when EJ said something about Kate sleeping with Stefano before one of the breaks and it totally took me out of the scene and made me giggle and the music to end the show was kind of weird too.

The Lucas and Sami scenes were PAINFUL. What was up with Lucas's weird voices? Combined with Sami's cackling it was just BAD. And wtf was he doing with the Kama Sutra anyway? Is that sold in the hospital gift shop? Did Kate pick that up for Lucas when she came to the hospital with another batch of detective books for Roman? Is that a common get well gift for someone recovering from hypothermia? Does the book contain a lot of positions for women pregnant with twins in their third trimester? So stupid. "My extremities only have eyes for you." "6 and a half inches from lift off" "the launch sequence has been activated" Is a jr. high boy writing this show? And Lucas walks out of the bathroom after apparently having a shower with Sami and he's immediately flirting with the nurse? WTF?

OK the Chelsea lucky underwear thing did make me laugh. Rachel Melvin sold that well. I wish they would give her a better story than this boring Chick/Chett crap.

This whole China Lee plot is stupid. Why can't Nick call his Uncle Mickey the lawyer to get the marriage annuled? I hate seeing Nick blackmailed again. What is the point of it all? To get me to like Nick less? Because it's working. And that sucks because I think Blake Berris is really cute lately.

The Stephax scenes didn't bother me like undoubtedly I'm sure they did others for many reasons, but aside from the storyline of things I thought the kisses were only just OK, not bad, but not so blazing hot that I think their chemistry can overcome everything. Still, I can support this storyline if it somehow makes Stephanie less of a brat. And I do like Darin Brooks so I wish Max would get to do something. I guess I'm just going to wait and see on this.

Who the hell is this Jenna person? Why are they bringing on all these recurring noobs like Jenna and China Lee and Rawlings and Ilsa rather than just writing stories for the characters we know and love? I don't get it.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Sami giving Lucas a hard-on was pretty funny..but not exactly exciting for a friday episode..

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

OK, today did it for me. I cannot stomach another day of insipid giggly slurppy teenagers with one big and pregnant. Totally beyond absurb and I cannot stand them.

Hogan is ruining EJ and Tony. Who know who EJ is anymore and making Tony into a womanizer....good grief. Can he be fired (Hogan).

I'm already angry about making a beautiful Horton male into a criminal wimp and now he wants us to believe that Jett Carver is an honest ISA agent???? Stupid beyond belief. Jett behaves so supicious that it's beyond comprehension.

Max and Stephanie....good heavens to Betsy. What a slut Hogan is making of her and Max would never behave in such a rackish manner (or would he).

At any rate about 25 minutes into the show, I gave up. There is lot more on TV that is well-written, makes sense and doesn't make you feel disgusted to boot.

I'll read the spoilers and recaps, but until this Sami/Lucas, Santeen, Max/Stephanie. Jeremy/Jett stuff is over with, I'll not be watching.

P.S. I just watched that amazing video of when Hope learns that she is really Hope. What a beautiful letter she wrote and the feeling of the wonderful romance of Bo and Hope was so strongly there. I was not watching because Billie was on. I loathed Billie and quit watching Days for a long time due to her. I did however see when she gave birth to that stillborn baby....which cannot be Chelsea.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

DaysFanJean
Aug 17 2007, 11:57 PM
I just watched that amazing video of when Hope learns that she is really Hope. What a beautiful letter she wrote and the feeling of the wonderful romance of Bo and Hope was so strongly there. I was not watching because Billie was on. I loathed Billie and quit watching Days for a long time due to her. I did however see when she gave birth to that stillborn baby....which cannot be Chelsea.

I feel about the same right now Jean but I am going to tough it out until I feel like Ed Scott has been established and things still haven't gotten better but I still totally share so many of your concerns.

As for the clip, I just loved that story because that is when I fell in love with Bope. I didn't start watching the show until early 90s so I missed them in the 80s and actually liked Bo and Billie quite a bit when RKK was still Bo, but the puzzle box stuff was when I jumped ship.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Aug 18 2007, 01:51 AM
DaysFanJean
Aug 17 2007, 11:57 PM
I just watched that amazing video of when Hope learns that she is really Hope.  What a beautiful letter she wrote and the feeling of the wonderful romance of Bo and Hope was so strongly there.  I was not watching because Billie was on.  I loathed Billie and quit watching Days for a long time due to her.  I did however see when she gave birth to that stillborn baby....which cannot be Chelsea.

I feel about the same right now Jean but I am going to tough it out until I feel like Ed Scott has been established and things still haven't gotten better but I still totally share so many of your concerns.

As for the clip, I just loved that story because that is when I fell in love with Bope. I didn't start watching the show until early 90s so I missed them in the 80s and actually liked Bo and Billie quite a bit when RKK was still Bo, but the puzzle box stuff was when I jumped ship.

Today sealed the deal for me. BRYAN DATILLO (if I even spelled that last name right) is blackmailing Hogan or throwing a temper tantrum or SOMETHING to get scenes that make him sexier or more funny than EJ, so his popular points can get a boost. THAT was what was up with all the voices he made -- trying to stretch his relatability factor and "acting" skills. And THAT was up with one of the longest shots of a man with spread legs wearing only boxers, on a daytime soap. I mean, this is sick! At one point, I honestly shouted at Sami and Lucas, "GODDAMNIT, SHUT UP ALREADY!" THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

Note to Bryan: Lumi AREN'T sexy. They may not be over just yet, but writing them as horndog teenagers who can't keep their fucking hands off each other for A GODDAMN SECOND, EVEN WHEN ONE IS PREGNANT AND THE OTHER IS IN A HOSPITAL RECOVERING FROM HYPOTHERMIA -- AND THAT LITTLE BITCH ISN'T going to obey doctors' orders?!!@$$$%$$% -- IS NOT REALISTIC!!!

ALL Lucas thinks about is sex.

He talks AND acts like a 14-year-old.
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

I'm starting to wonder if the Lumi fanbase demographic is mostly teenagers, because their scenes are becoming more and more of a teenage sex fantasy. I just can't believe most adults would find those Friday scenes romantic or sexy or anything but cringeworthy. Sami is pregnant with twins, probably just weeks away from delivery, and Lucas is supposed to be recovering from hypothermia. And they are having sex in a hospital bathroom? Who was the scriptwriter Friday? It had to be a teenage intern. I'm not trying to slam teenagers or adults who are Lumi fans, but I just found those scenes so difficult to watch.

Friday's saving grace was EJ and Tony. I loved their scenes, and we needed something to try to get EJ back on track. Ever since that episode where he was on the pier, drunk, he has been written very strangely. The whole freezer truck story and it's aftermath have been a big mess. Tony explaining to Santo how Stefano's mind works was very good, as I think EJ is still struggling to reconcile the reality of Stefano with the benevolent father image he has held on to in the past.

I liked Chelsea again this past week. I was proud of Nick for finally standing up to China Lee. Hopefully, they won't both regress next week, but we are playing personality ping pong lately so who knows?
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 18 2007, 02:03 AM

Today sealed the deal for me. BRYAN DATILLO (if I even spelled that last name right) is blackmailing Hogan or throwing a temper tantrum or SOMETHING to get scenes that make him sexier or more funny than EJ, so his popular points can get a boost. THAT was what was up with all the voices he made -- trying to stretch his relatability factor and "acting" skills. And THAT was up with one of the longest shots of a man with spread legs wearing only boxers, on a daytime soap. I mean, this is sick! At one point, I honestly shouted at Sami and Lucas, "GODDAMNIT, SHUT UP ALREADY!" THEY'RE DISGUSTING!

Note to Bryan: Lumi AREN'T sexy. They may not be over just yet, but writing them as horndog teenagers who can't keep their fucking hands off each other for A GODDAMN SECOND, EVEN WHEN ONE IS PREGNANT AND THE OTHER IS IN A HOSPITAL RECOVERING FROM HYPOTHERMIA -- AND THAT LITTLE BITCH ISN'T going to obey doctors' orders?!!@$$$%$$% -- IS NOT REALISTIC!!!

He talks AND acts like a 14-year-old. [/QUOTE]
Well, I never thought I would agree about Bryan, but lately the way he is being written & acting choices, I would have to say what is going on with him? He and Sami used to be a lot better together, but now they seem forced. If you all recall, they really did have good chemistry together. One episod that comes to my mind was from last November and was when they were just getting back together and Sami kept stopping them from getting it on (so to speak). That was probably the last real time that the chemistry was there as a viable couple I am sorry to say as I really do like them together or maybe it's because I don't really want Sami with EJ. I know he's cute and charming and tall and all that, but I wish they hadn't shoved him into every story in the beginning so I grew tired of him too soon. Sorry to all you EJ fans! As to all the slurping, I think it is because they just peck each other and not really kiss. Not that I want them to suck face a la J&M. Take a kissing example from Steve and Kayla or even Chelsea and Nick. Please.
I really would like all the juvenile stuff to stop.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I am not a Lumi fan, never have been. I always liked Sami, but couldn't stand Lucas so that establishes my pov. Ever since Hogan Sheffer literally threw these two back together in November the duo has become increasingly abhorent. I love humor as much or more than the next viewer, but sophomoric, inane, perennially sexstarved idiots who slurp and giggle through scenes turn my stomach. They just are not romantic or even tolerable. But Friday was absolutely the nadir of Lumi. I was actually repulsed by the scenes. And the dialogue was embarrassing. What really baffles me is BD is 35 and AS is 30, who would ever think adults would behave this way??????? I wonder how they liked doing this crapfest. ETA-Bettina Bradbury was the SW for this crapfest. Why am I not surprised? Every day this woman writes the script and Lumi is in it, I hate it.

Moving on to what was right about Friday...Tony and EJ bonding as brothers. I have longed for a good scene w/these two. Some have wondered if it was actually Andre setting up EJ. I could be wrong, but I do not think so. Andre has this edge even when he is trying to be ingratiating and Tony has this almost carefree attitude concerning the DiMeras. It is like Andre is desperate to secure his place and Tony is glad to be free of the weight of it. Also, Andre has not been at all interested in woman thus far and Tony is a player. I think TP and JS did some great work in those scenes. They gave me hope that what I formerly saw as crazy EJ is to be interpreted as confused, evolving EJ. His new haircut made him seem very much the "little" brother to Tony.

The hospital scenes w/Lumi and EJ were just frustrating. SplitPersonality Sami, wants to stop the feud and is open to a viable solution. Lucas, otoh, was Shouty McYellerson, as usual and brought the whole dicussion down to his usual jr. high level. I look forward to him realizing that EJ was quite correct about Kate. How he could even doubt the plausibility of what EJ said defies logic. He knows his mother better than anyone. As always, I'm impressed by the forebearance EJ has when dealing with Lucas. Even when Lucas is right, he is so obnoxious about it, I tune out.

No kudos for the "Touch My Thighs" sl and all the crap therein. Wish Jett would jet off and never come back, Max would join the grownups and leave the nieces alone and Nick and Chelsea would have a normal budding romance. Clean up Jeremy and send China Lee and her boys on a visit to Hoover Dam. Too much time has been spent on this very lame C story.

The A story is the Feud and the mystery. Let's get on with it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Aug 19 2007, 12:09 PM
JERSoapsFan,Aug 18 2007
02:03 AM

Well, I never thought I would agree about Bryan, but lately the way he is being written & acting choices, I would have to say what is going on with him? He and Sami used to be a lot better together, but now they seem forced. If you all recall, they really did have good chemistry together. One episod that comes to my mind was from last November and was when they were just getting back together and Sami kept stopping them from getting it on (so to speak). That was probably the last real time that the chemistry was there as a viable couple I am sorry to say as I really do like them together or maybe it's because I don't really want Sami with EJ. I know he's cute and charming and tall and all that, but I wish they hadn't shoved him into every story in the beginning so I grew tired of him too soon. Sorry to all you EJ fans! As to all the slurping, I think it is because they just peck each other and not really kiss. Not that I want them to suck face a la J&M. Take a kissing example from Steve and Kayla or even Chelsea and Nick. Please.
I really would like all the juvenile stuff to stop. [/QUOTE]
Awww. No need to apologize to us EJ fans for not digging him. I love reading your posts because you're always so gosh darn polite and diplomatic, but you also make me feel guilty reading this because I DON'T apologize when I bitch about Lucas and I know you like him and I like your posts. So stop being so nice so I can stop feeling bad! LOL.

Even though I am an EJami fan, at this point this triangle is so maddening I almost wish it was just busted up entirely and there was a way to develop ALL THREE CHARACTERS independently of one another. If Lucas is ever going to grow up, I think it's clear that's not going to happen with Sami. I'd love him back at Titan working with Phillip and the two of them battling EJ in the corporate world. EJ has enough going on with his legal troubles with Mythic and struggling with his family ties that he doesn't have to be ONLY about Sami all the time. And I'd love to see Sami alone and standing on her own too feet again with a real job, but I suppose that's pretty much impossible with them putting twins in her lap soon, not to mention the fact that Hogan doesn't have much interest in writing strong women and is obsessed with completing his transformation of this misunderstood bad girl into a weepy heroine.

And Cindy, I have noticed the Bettina Bradbury connection too. I just can't figure her out. She did write the really good DiMera/Brady family meetings episode and there are parts of her scenes that I like such as Friday's EJ/Tony stuff and the part of the episode with Sami's seduction of EJ where we got EJ opening up about how his biggest wish is that no part of Sami regretted loving him. But of course, the other part of that episode had EJ at the other end of the spectrum threatening Sami and while we got the good stuff from EJ/Tony on Friday we were stuck with the Lumi idiocy. I also know she wrote the episode the previous Friday with Sami claiming she's afraid of EJ and always will be (oh except when she needs his help! that is such B.S.), the Sami calling EJ irrelevant after the paternity reveal and also she wrote the episode where EJ admitted to raping Sami after another SW (I think Mike Cohen) had written him just a few days earlier saying he didn't rape her and he'd deny it to the day he dies. In any event, this writing staff needs to just get their shit together and all get on the same page IMO and I also think if this show actually wants to have Lumi as the rooting couple they need to have their scenes penned by someone other than Bettina.

Jonatha

ArizonaDaze,Aug 19 2007
12:09 PM
JERSoapsFan,Aug 18 2007
02:03 AM

I really would like all the juvenile stuff to stop. [/QUOTE]

JSF, my thoughts exactly. What is going on with Bryan? Is he secretly going around with Hogey? That's the best I can come up with. Bryan in interviews and chats since James came on the show has been very outspoken about Lucas and how he feels the story should be going. Ejami fans got upset with him more than once when he shot off his mouth about a possible Sami/EJ pairing. I wonder if he feels threatened. His fans say he likes to joke around and that's why he has said certain things. I understand that he has a sense of humor. Recently he said he would like to be a DiMera, showing a darker side. I might go along with that seeing that Lucas has been acting like a sex starved teenager for the past months. As for Sami being in her late pregancy with twins and still being able to bounce around like a school girl, don't get me started.

When Bryan was recently asked at a fan fest if Lucas was going to be a DiMera he said, 'wait and see.' After having said that the rumors are that the conditions of the DiMera vendetta may have already been met. That could mean Lucas is a DiMera. To be fair other rumors say it could be John, which would be more watchable to me since Drake hasn't been front and center for a long time.

I totally agree with others that someone has dropped the ball with EJ. First we heard about all his childhood memories at Maison Blanche with daddy Stefano. Then now we hear he grew up in British boarding school. Silly. Someone is not keeping track.

I guess this will turn out to be my Sunday bitch post. But what's up with Tony suddenly being a womanizer? Tony loved Anna. Could it be Andre has kidnapped the real Tony again?

Poor Benjy! Looks like he is going to be kidnapped and have a piece of his liver taken from him leaving his life in danger. But spoilers say EJ, through Sami's urging, is going to be the donor for Stefano. Then the latest spoilers are saying Stefano dies. WTF is going on?

Sorry to ramble on. But Shelle. Does anyone want to bet that Philip's baby is really his and Belle's baby. We know there were many switches that took place between the whole Philip/Mimi/Shawn/Belle baby story line. Any one think that EJ switched them back? Little 'Pocket' could be Philip and Belle's little boy. Meaning no happiness for Shelle, now or possibly never.

They're bringing in 3 new actresses for the Chelsea/Stephanie college story? Who are these girls going to hook up with? And let's not forget the spumor that Dr Rebert is coming back for revenge on Nick.

Finally, some spoilers are saying that sweet and angelic Sister novice Colleen has had an affair with Father Mallory. So she's not even a virgin. Papa Santo is taking seconds there. Can things be any more contrived?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 19 2007, 01:30 PM
JSF, my thoughts exactly.  What is going on with Bryan?  Is he secretly going around with Hogey?  That's the best I can come up with.  Bryan in interviews and chats since James came on the show has been very outspoken about Lucas and how he feels the story should be going.  Ejami fans got upset with him more than once when he shot off his mouth about a possible Sami/EJ pairing.  I wonder if he feels threatened.  His fans say he likes to joke around and that's why he has said certain things.  I understand that he has a sense of humor.  Recently he said he would like to be a DiMera, showing a darker side.  I might go along with that seeing that Lucas has been acting like a sex starved teenager for the past months.  As for Sami being in her late pregancy with twins and still being able to bounce around like a school girl, don't get me started. 

When Bryan was recently asked at a fan fest if Lucas was going to be a DiMera he said, 'wait and see.'  After having said that the rumors are that the conditions of the DiMera vendetta may have already been met.  That could mean Lucas is a DiMera. To be fair other rumors say it could be John, which would be more watchable to me since Drake hasn't been front and center for a long time.

I totally agree with others that someone has dropped the ball with EJ.  First we heard about all his childhood memories at Maison Blanche with daddy Stefano.  Then now we hear he grew up in British boarding school.  Silly.  Someone is not keeping track.

I guess this will turn out to be my Sunday bitch post.  But what's up with Tony suddenly being a womanizer?  Tony loved Anna.  Could it be Andre has kidnapped the real Tony again? 

Poor Benjy!  Looks like he is going to be kidnapped and have a piece of his liver taken from him leaving his life in danger.  But spoilers say EJ, through Sami's urging, is going to be the donor for Stefano.  Then the latest spoilers are saying Stefano dies.  WTF is going on? 

Sorry to ramble on.  But Shelle.  Does anyone want to be that Philip's baby is really his and Belle's baby.  We know there were many switches that took place between the whole Philip/Mimi/Shawn/Belle baby story line.  Any one want to bet that EJ switched them back?  Little 'Pocket' could be Philip and Belle's little boy.  Meaning no happiness for Shelle, now or possibly never. 

They're bringing in 3 new actresses for the Chelsea/Stephanie college story?  Who are these girls going to hook up with?  And let's not forget the spumor that Dr Rebert is coming back for revenge on Nick. 

Finally, some spoilers are saying that sweet and angelic Sister novice Colleen has had an affair with Father Mallory.  So she's not even a virgin.  Papa Santo is taking seconds there.  Can things be any more contrived?

OK... I'm dense. Can you spell it out for me what "secretly going around with Hogey" means? I don't want to read something into your post that you don't intend.

But yeah, Bryan has been pretty ridiculous about a lot of things. The EJami fans eat their young comments and their ilk was just so unprofessional and stupid, even if it was a joke, because it ensured that I will never support him on DOOL no matter what. Congrats Bryan. He also comes across kind of whiny or insecure like in that article where he referred to James Scott as "old two-story" and there was a YouTube taped interview of him from the Daytime Emmys bitching about how this British guy was swooping in and taking his wife away.

But most of all, there was also that whole crying wolf about Lucas being written out of the show and the SOS campaign that didn't sit right with me. Because the way it came out so quickly rebutted by the show and the fact that Bryan didn't fire the mod of his web site for leaking that incorrect info made it seem just like a desperate plea for fan mail, jerking his fans around just to help him in contract negotiations or to influence the storyline the way he wanted it to go.

I'm also suspicious if he leaked something to his fans to spur the RINR campaigners into action as that was going on right around that same time. I know some Bryan fans came away from Greenville convinced or claiming to be convinced that Alison Sweeney is totally supportive of their efforts and totally against a romantic pairing of EJ and Sami despite the fact her comments to the press don't really reflect that and she has actually gone out of her way to acknowledge EJami fans more than James Scott has to this point. Hmmm I wonder where and from whom these Lumi fans would get this idea though.

As for whether they are going to go the DiMera route with Lucas, while I suppose that storyline would be more interesting than what we have for the character now and it would mix things up, the fact that Bryan was in the soap mags begging for that story a month or so back (basically campaigning for James Scott's storyline IMO of a DiMera struggling between good and bad) makes me furious. Because if it was intended all along, then Bryan ruined the surprise by opening up his big mouth and putting that idea out there. And if it wasn't intended all along, but only after Bryan started campaigning for it, then it pisses me off because it means that his bitching to the soap mags about wanting that story was ultimately successful. And given his fans are now campaigning for this, if Lucas is written as a DiMera then I just feel like this show is caving to Bryan Datillo fans once again at the expense of all other characters and given I loathe the character of Lucas Roberts and do not have much respect or appreciation for what Datillo brings to the show this would be something that would absolutely cause me to reevaluate whether DOOL is something I want to invest my time in any longer.

BTW, Jonatha... I'm pissed about Tony being written as a womanizer, too. To me, that's just rigging the Tony/Anna/Roman triangle so "average guy" Roman can win just like the destruction of EJ's character last fall was all to rig the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle so "average guy" Lucas could win. But the Dr. Rebert spumor is only OUT THERE because of that Nick and Chelsea fantroll named Terry who is obsessed with keeping it alive and I'm pretty sure the spoiler about Colleen was just poorly worded and Santo is her one and only.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

I am extremely frustrated with Days right now. I quit watching my other two soaps and I don't think I would be to upset if I only watched this one on occasion.

The only good thing about Friday's show was Tony and EJ talking at the Pub. The only reason I liked that is because it was family members bonding.

The writing for EJ is so inconsistent these days. Choose the poor man's personality and go with it. Let's get on with the show.

The DiBrady fued is taking forever and I am losing interest in it too. The EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle is boring. I could care less about Touch the Sky. Then just put Belle with Philip and have it be done. Please give me something to look forward to each day instead of watching the clock the whole time the show is on.

*whew, glad I got that off my chest*

Jonatha

IMissAremid
Aug 19 2007, 02:00 PM
Jonatha
Aug 19 2007, 01:30 PM
JSF, my thoughts exactly.  What is going on with Bryan?  Is he secretly going around with Hogey?  That's the best I can come up with.  Bryan in interviews and chats since James came on the show has been very outspoken about Lucas and how he feels the story should be going.  Ejami fans got upset with him more than once when he shot off his mouth about a possible Sami/EJ pairing.  I wonder if he feels threatened.  His fans say he likes to joke around and that's why he has said certain things.  I understand that he has a sense of humor.  Recently he said he would like to be a DiMera, showing a darker side.  I might go along with that seeing that Lucas has been acting like a sex starved teenager for the past months.   As for Sami being in her late pregancy with twins and still being able to bounce around like a school girl, don't get me started. 

When Bryan was recently asked at a fan fest if Lucas was going to be a DiMera he said, 'wait and see.'  After having said that the rumors are that the conditions of the DiMera vendetta may have already been met.  That could mean Lucas is a DiMera. To be fair other rumors say it could be John, which would be more watchable to me since Drake hasn't been front and center for a long time.

I totally agree with others that someone has dropped the ball with EJ.  First we heard about all his childhood memories at Maison Blanche with daddy Stefano.  Then now we hear he grew up in British boarding school.  Silly.  Someone is not keeping track.

I guess this will turn out to be my Sunday bitch post.  But what's up with Tony suddenly being a womanizer?  Tony loved Anna.  Could it be Andre has kidnapped the real Tony again? 

Poor Benjy!  Looks like he is going to be kidnapped and have a piece of his liver taken from him leaving his life in danger.   But spoilers say EJ, through Sami's urging, is going to be the donor for Stefano.  Then the latest spoilers are saying Stefano dies.  WTF is going on? 

Sorry to ramble on.  But Shelle.  Does anyone want to bet that Philip's baby is really his and Belle's baby.  We know there were many switches that took place between the whole Philip/Mimi/Shawn/Belle baby story line.  Any one want to bet that EJ switched them back?  Little 'Pocket' could be Philip and Belle's little boy.  Meaning no happiness for Shelle, now or possibly never. 

They're bringing in 3 new actresses for the Chelsea/Stephanie college story?  Who are these girls going to hook up with?  And let's not forget the spumor that Dr Rebert is coming back for revenge on Nick. 

Finally, some spoilers are saying that sweet and angelic Sister novice Colleen has had an affair with Father Mallory.   So she's not even a virgin.  Papa Santo is taking seconds there.  Can things be any more contrived?

OK... I'm dense. Can you spell it out for me what "secretly going around with Hogey" means? I don't want to read something into your post that you don't intend.

But yeah, Bryan has been pretty ridiculous about a lot of things. The EJami fans eat their young comments and their ilk was just so unprofessional and stupid, even if it was a joke, because it ensured that I will never support him on DOOL no matter what. Congrats Bryan. He also comes across kind of whiny or insecure like in that article where he referred to James Scott as "old two-story" and there was a YouTube taped interview of him from the Daytime Emmys bitching about how this British guy was swooping in and taking his wife away.

But most of all, there was also that whole crying wolf about Lucas being written out of the show and the SOS campaign that didn't sit right with me. Because the way it came out so quickly rebutted by the show and the fact that Bryan didn't fire the mod of his web site for leaking that incorrect info made it seem just like a desperate plea for fan mail, jerking his fans around just to help him in contract negotiations or to influence the storyline the way he wanted it to go.

I'm also suspicious if he leaked something to his fans to spur the RINR campaigners into action as that was going on right around that same time. I know some Bryan fans came away from Greenville convinced or claiming to be convinced that Alison Sweeney is totally supportive of their efforts and totally against a romantic pairing of EJ and Sami despite the fact her comments to the press don't really reflect that and she has actually gone out of her way to acknowledge EJami fans more than James Scott has to this point. Hmmm I wonder where and from whom these Lumi fans would get this idea though.

As for whether they are going to go the DiMera route with Lucas, while I suppose that storyline would be more interesting than what we have for the character now and it would mix things up, the fact that Bryan was in the soap mags begging for that story a month or so back (basically campaigning for James Scott's storyline IMO of a DiMera struggling between good and bad) makes me furious. Because if it was intended all along, then Bryan ruined the surprise by opening up his big mouth and putting that idea out there. And if it wasn't intended all along, but only after Bryan started campaigning for it, then it pisses me off because it means that his bitching to the soap mags about wanting that story was ultimately successful. And given his fans are now campaigning for this, if Lucas is written as a DiMera then I just feel like this show is caving to Bryan Datillo fans once again at the expense of all other characters and given I loathe the character of Lucas Roberts and do not have much respect or appreciation for what Datillo brings to the show this would be something that would absolutely cause me to reevaluate whether DOOL is something I want to invest my time in any longer.

BTW, Jonatha... I'm pissed about Tony being written as a womanizer, too. To me, that's just rigging the Tony/Anna/Roman triangle so "average guy" Roman can win just like the destruction of EJ's character last fall was all to rig the EJ/Sami/Lucas triangle so "average guy" Lucas could win. But the Dr. Rebert spumor is only OUT THERE because of that Nick and Chelsea fantroll named Terry who is obsessed with keeping it alive and I'm pretty sure the spoiler about Colleen was just poorly worded and Santo is her one and only.

I was echoing JSF's post about Bryan, i.e., blackmail, tantrums, friendship. I'm not suggesting anything specific. It seems as if what Bryan wants, Bryan gets. I don't know and I have not heard anything to back any of this up. It's speculation. One thing is for sure, since James came on as EJ Bryan's been very outspoken. James has said in an interview that his job at Days might be his last acting job, why would he say that? Maybe they are both BS-ing the fanbases. Who knows.

Another bitch point of mine: Unless I missed something why was Jeremy crying on Stephanie's shoulder about his parents (Mike and Robin) doing work in Africa when we the fans have been led to believe Mike was in Israel? Didn't Carrie go to Israel with Mike? Now we're supposed to believe that Mike and Robin are still together, possibly with Bill Horton, doing work in Africa?

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

friday was a great episode, omg god that scene with max and stephanie one word HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT. I wish they wouldn't be related but hey its not by blood and i hope he can rewrite max to not be a brady, why waist such great chemistry with daren and shelley. I loved today episode

I loved tony and ej scene and i am like lucas alittle bit now, he is funny but he does not belong with sami, ej does.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I thought Friday had okay moments. I am still a Lumi fan but not of Sheffer era Lumi. I want old Lumi back. If I can't have that then let them divorce and go their separate ways. This version of Lumi is ruining both characters.

Just please God don't let Sheffer put Sami with her rapist. LOL

The Tony/EJ stuff was the highlight but even it was meh in many ways.

And DOOL fan - just one question. How do you rewrite an adoption???????

Max is not a Brady - he was adopted. How do you rewrite that?????

And I will say I officially hate Max & Stephanie together. I found nothing hot - only disgust. Me thinks me threw up in my mouth a little during that.

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 05:53 PM
I thought Friday had okay moments. I am still a Lumi fan but not of Sheffer era Lumi. I want old Lumi back. If I can't have that then let them divorce and go their separate ways. This version of Lumi is ruining both characters.

And I will say I officially hate Max & Stephanie together. I found nothing hot - only disgust. Me thinks me threw up in my mouth a little during that.

These rumors that the conditions to stopping the vendetta are driving me nuts. If it's not Lucas, could Max be a DiMera? :unsure:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 19 2007, 06:01 PM
SteveFrame

These rumors that the conditions to stopping the vendetta are driving me nuts. If it's not Lucas, could Max be a DiMera? :unsure:

I don't know Jonny. I know that they can rewrite history anytime but I don't remember all the specifics, but it seems like they settled the history of Max's parents and all years ago.

I guess they could go back into his real parent's history or say he wasn't really the son of Trent Becker and that is why he was abused by him. Who knows. Writers can change anything they want too.

But as far as writers changing him from being a Brady - that can't be changed. He was adopted. That was on the show and he was raised as a Brady. I don't know how they can wipe that part out.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 06:28 PM
Jonatha
Aug 19 2007, 06:01 PM
SteveFrame

I don't know Jonny. I know that they can rewrite history anytime but I don't remember all the specifics, but it seems like they settled the history of Max's parents and all years ago.

I guess they could go back into his real parent's history or say he wasn't really the son of Trent Becker and that is why he was abused by him. Who knows. Writers can change anything they want too.

But as far as writers changing him from being a Brady - that can't be changed. He was adopted. That was on the show and he was raised as a Brady. I don't know how they can wipe that part out.

remember this is days, anything can happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply