Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Friday
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 11:39 AM (1,040 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 19 2007, 06:34 PM
SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 06:28 PM
Jonatha
Aug 19 2007, 06:01 PM
SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 05:53 PM
I thought Friday had okay moments. I am still a Lumi fan but not of Sheffer era Lumi. I want old Lumi back. If I can't have that then let them divorce and go their separate ways. This version of Lumi is ruining both characters.

Just please God don't let Sheffer put Sami with her rapist. LOL

The Tony/EJ stuff was the highlight but even it was meh in many ways.

And DOOL fan - just one question. How do you rewrite an adoption???????

Max is not a Brady - he was adopted. How do you rewrite that?????

And I will say I officially hate Max & Stephanie together. I found nothing hot - only disgust. Me thinks me threw up in my mouth a little during that.

These rumors that the conditions to stopping the vendetta are driving me nuts. If it's not Lucas, could Max be a DiMera? :unsure:

I don't know Jonny. I know that they can rewrite history anytime but I don't remember all the specifics, but it seems like they settled the history of Max's parents and all years ago.

I guess they could go back into his real parent's history or say he wasn't really the son of Trent Becker and that is why he was abused by him. Who knows. Writers can change anything they want too.

But as far as writers changing him from being a Brady - that can't be changed. He was adopted. That was on the show and he was raised as a Brady. I don't know how they can wipe that part out.

remember this is days, anything can happen.

You are right about that, but if Sheffer ever went there to try to wipe out a whole adoption to just satisfy not having incest on the show, then it would be the dumbest move ever made by any headwriter. It would almost be as stupid as McTavish undoing an abortion.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SteveFrame
I thought Friday had okay moments. I am still a Lumi fan but not of Sheffer era Lumi. I want old Lumi back. If I can't have that then let them divorce and go their separate ways. This version of Lumi is ruining both characters.

OK... can't let this go... even if I should...

Just out of curiosity, Steve, what era made you a Lumi fan? Were you wanting them together during the original quad days or came to like them during I think it was Higley's time? I was never really a Lumi fan per se, definitely not during the quad or during their feuding period just purely always a Sami fan, but I admit I did want Sami to marry him the first two times Lucas jilted her at the altar. The reason I ask is because Lucas and Sami's history isn't all wine and roses either so I just don't understand people that are really into Lumi but hate EJami because of the rape/extorting sex when Lucas tried to kill Sami and almost let her die for a crime he committed (just to name a few of the horrible things they did to each other) so it's not like he's some boy scout either. I mean I'm sure the rape/extorting sex is not the only reason you don't want Sami with EJ, but when I see Lumi fans put it like oh don't let Sami be with her rapist it just comes across a bit unfair to me and as an EJami fan I feel like it is Sami's history with Lucas that demonstrates exactly why it's plausible this extremely dysfunctional, self-destructive character could come to fall in love with the man she should hate. But I guess we all have our favorites and that colors how we view things. I know it does for me.

Quote:

These rumors that the conditions to stopping the vendetta are driving me nuts. If it's not Lucas, could Max be a DiMera?

I'll start going nuts that the ending the feud conditions have been met already when I see this reported somewhere other than DaysCafe. Has anywhere else elaborated on this or was there another source that DaysCafe ripped it off from? Because if so I hadn't seen that.

If this is true, my first instinct is the Lucas could be a DiMera crap is coming unfortunately.

But some other ideas that pop into my head not knowing exactly what is in the folio are that:
-if it has something to do with Brady-DiMera children it could be revealed EJ is actually the father of Sami's twins/Andre or Stefano switched the results at the hospital to say Lucas was the father so they could keep the feud going
-Somehow the Roman/Anna/Tony triangle could come into play with this as wasn't Anna a Brady before she married a DiMera?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

DOOL_Fan4ever
SteveFrame
Jonatha
SteveFrame

And I will say I officially hate Max & Stephanie together. I found nothing hot - only disgust. Me thinks me threw up in my mouth a little during that.

These rumors that the conditions to stopping the vendetta are driving me nuts. If it's not Lucas, could Max be a DiMera? :unsure:

I don't know Jonny. I know that they can rewrite history anytime but I don't remember all the specifics, but it seems like they settled the history of Max's parents and all years ago.

I guess they could go back into his real parent's history or say he wasn't really the son of Trent Becker and that is why he was abused by him. Who knows. Writers can change anything they want too.

But as far as writers changing him from being a Brady - that can't be changed. He was adopted. That was on the show and he was raised as a Brady. I don't know how they can wipe that part out.

Sorry, Terry, but I just don't personally think the Max-Steph chemistry is so amazing they are worth rewriting that much history.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Aremid, I am just tired of the reformed rapists getting the lady of their dreams stories. It has been done too often and the only couples that got created out of it that I liked were Bill & Laura on Days and Luke & Laura on GH in the longrun. They were truly reformed and felt bad for what happened because the writers did it so well.

I have hated Todd & Blair from day one. she is not the one he raped but the writers have never reformed Todd enough for me on OLTL to make me like him or feel sorry for him. I am the same with EJ.

I don't know if you remember on SON but I was a big EJ fan and loved him with Sami. I was even hoping on the day that Sami was supposed to go marry Austin that she would run off with him. Oh I wanted EJami so bad, but when he raped her that did it for me and when they made EJ the new super and put him in every single story and all that stuff with him the one who oversaw Steve's brainwashing. EJ became another Todd Manning to me, and I don't know if I can ever like him again.

It will take a writer like Bill Bell or Douglas Marland or Pat Falken Smith to do it. Sheffer doesn't have the chops to do it. It would definitely help if they would decide which way they want to go with EJ and quit bouncing back and forth.

As to Lumi, I became a Lumi fan when they were writing Sami to be the next Julie and involved Julie so much in the Lucas and Sami story. They kept so much of their original characteristics, and Sami was growing some but wasn't so boring. They were dealing with all the issues of their past and using it to show why they couldn't really trust each other. And all that was part of it. They used Julie's past some to show that Sami could reform just like Julie did. I think that was under Higley that all that started taking place, but even JER knew how to write Lumi using their past and all as part of an obstacle to them.

I just don't think Hogan and his staff know how to write them. They want SAmi as the heroine so don't feel they can write as having flaws anymore but Sami will always have flaws. Rachel on AW was turned into a heroine but she still had flaws. Even Julie after her transformation made big mistakes. And neither one of them became insipid crybabies.

I mean even though Lucas and Sami love each other their past should always be part of their relationship. Based on all they went through together, for Lucas to just all of a sudden fully believe everything Sami says or vice versa without any doubts whatsover is not even remotely what it should be. Sure the couple should find one another in the end, but with their pasts there should be some doubt. It is only realistic.

So that is when I became a fan of Lumi when they started to truly become friends at first, and started to forgive one another. Even as bad as JER and Higley were they could make me believe that. But so far I just don't buy EJ's redemption at all because they don't stick with it. And I just don't want to see another rapist getting the lady story either. So both come into play.

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 06:44 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
SteveFrame
Jonatha
SteveFrame

You are right about that, but if Sheffer ever went there to try to wipe out a whole adoption to just satisfy not having incest on the show, then it would be the dumbest move ever made by any headwriter. It would almost be as stupid as McTavish undoing an abortion.

Wow, Steve, I had forgotten about Trent Becker being Max's abusive father. You ARE a soap historian! :hail:

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

My memory does play tricks with me sometime Jonny but some things just stick. I guess it would help sometimes if I would forget things, but I just hate when something on a show goes totally against what viewers know.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 19 2007, 07:09 PM
Aremid, I am just tired of the reformed rapists getting the lady of their dreams stories. It has been done too often and the only couples that got created out of it that I liked were Bill & Laura on Days and Luke & Laura on GH in the longrun. They were truly reformed and felt bad for what happened because the writers did it so well.

I have hated Todd & Blair from day one. she is not the one he raped but the writers have never reformed Todd enough for me on OLTL to make me like him or feel sorry for him. I am the same with EJ.

I don't know if you remember on SON but I was a big EJ fan and loved him with Sami. I was even hoping on the day that Sami was supposed to go marry Austin that she would run off with him. Oh I wanted EJami so bad, but when he raped her that did it for me and when they made EJ the new super and put him in every single story and all that stuff with him the one who oversaw Steve's brainwashing. EJ became another Todd Manning to me, and I don't know if I can ever like him again.

It will take a writer like Bill Bell or Douglas Marland or Pat Falken Smith to do it. Sheffer doesn't have the chops to do it. It would definitely help if they would decide which way they want to go with EJ and quit bouncing back and forth.

As to Lumi, I became a Lumi fan when they were writing Sami to be the next Julie and involved Julie so much in the Lucas and Sami story. They kept so much of their original characteristics, and Sami was growing some but wasn't so boring. They were dealing with all the issues of their past and using it to show why they couldn't really trust each other. And all that was part of it. They used Julie's past some to show that Sami could reform just like Julie did. I think that was under Higley that all that started taking place, but even JER knew how to write Lumi using their past and all as part of an obstacle to them.

I just don't think Hogan and his staff know how to write them. They want SAmi as the heroine so don't feel they can write as having flaws anymore but Sami will always have flaws. Rachel on AW was turned into a heroine but she still had flaws. Even Julie after her transformation made big mistakes. And neither one of them became insipid crybabies.

I mean even though Lucas and Sami love each other their past should always be part of their relationship. Based on all they went through together, for Lucas to just all of a sudden fully believe everything Sami says or vice versa without any doubts whatsover is not even remotely what it should be. Sure the couple should find one another in the end, but with their pasts there should be some doubt. It is only realistic.

So that is when I became a fan of Lumi when they started to truly become friends at first, and started to forgive one another. Even as bad as JER and Higley were they could make me believe that. But so far I just don't buy EJ's redemption at all because they don't stick with it. And I just don't want to see another rapist getting the lady story either. So both come into play.

Thanks for the extremely insightful and extensive response that gave me a lot better idea where you are coming from.

As for how you felt about EJami pre-rape/sex extortion, I was not aware of any of that as I am still a fairly new poster at SON so I did not know you used to be a big EJ fan and obviously I'm totally with you on wishing EJ and Sami could have started a great romance when the Saustin wedding fizzled.

And it's reading posts like this that make me HATE Hogan Sheffer even more than I did before (which I wasn't sure possible) for the way he so cavalierly tossed aside all the great things the writers under Beth did last summer and for the fact that he could so carelessly toss so much potential away to ruin EJ in so many people's eyes and for what? One melodramatic episode, a chance to backburner John, a perverse who's the daddy twist, a couple months of Steve being crazy boring us all to tears and to prop Lumi? To me, that's the part that irks me the most of all and makes it impossible for me to ever support Lumi in any fashion. I think it was a cheap ploy to stamp out the EJami fanbase with a troubling storyline that wasn't writing the characters true to who they were and obviously it hugely backfired and that's why they are backpedaling like crazy, but the maddening part of it all is that it wouldn't have been necessary at all if Hogan wasn't such an idiot and he had actually watched the show he was given the chance to write. If he wanted to do Lumi, fine, he could have had a little patience before dropping the stinkbombs on EJami rather than throwing Lucas and Sami back together immediately. He could have had EJ be shady while he was romancing Sami but have Sami not find out and then let Lucas expose EJ's DiMera roots perhaps as another Sami wedding was about to go off and then she could leave with Lucas and Lumi fans would get a legit reason to compare their couple to Bo and Hope. If they wanted to prolong the triangle they could have easily allowed Sami to get pregnant right after this and not know who the father was and have Sami have to make a real choice of which man she wanted to be with rather than having that choice made for her by that man's actions and the who's the daddy plot wouldn't have the ick factor of rape/sex extortion attached to the children's conception that I think was a big part of turning off DOOL viewers the first part of the year.

But no... Sheffer was obsesed with his "ultimate sacrifice" crap because he's decided since Sami had been a bad girl for so long she needed to be punished and weakened and tamed and victimized before she was allowed to get any happiness in a relationship with a man and those things also had to happen for saintly Lucas to ever lower himself to ever take her back and agree to be with her and the thing is I think he's still pulling this crap now to punish Sami if he goes ahead with the possible plot of unrecognizably unselfish Sami still playing the martyr to her family by possibly marrying EJ to end the feud to make up for all the bad things she's done in the past. It's just all so obnoxious.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 19 2007, 01:06 PM

Awww. No need to apologize to us EJ fans for not digging him. I love reading your posts because you're always so gosh darn polite and diplomatic, but you also make me feel guilty reading this because I DON'T apologize when I bitch about Lucas and I know you like him and I like your posts. So stop being so nice so I can stop feeling bad! LOL.

Even though I am an EJami fan, at this point this triangle is so maddening I almost wish it was just busted up entirely and there was a way to develop ALL THREE CHARACTERS independently of one another. If Lucas is ever going to grow up, I think it's clear that's not going to happen with Sami. I'd love him back at Titan working with Phillip and the two of them battling EJ in the corporate world. EJ has enough going on with his legal troubles with Mythic and struggling with his family ties that he doesn't have to be ONLY about Sami all the time. And I'd love to see Sami alone and standing on her own too feet again with a real job, but I suppose that's pretty much impossible with them putting twins in her lap soon, not to mention the fact that Hogan doesn't have much interest in writing strong women and is obsessed with completing his transformation of this misunderstood bad girl into a weepy heroine.

And Cindy, I have noticed the Bettina Bradbury connection too. I just can't figure her out. She did write the really good DiMera/Brady family meetings episode and there are parts of her scenes that I like such as Friday's EJ/Tony stuff and the part of the episode with Sami's seduction of EJ where we got EJ opening up about how his biggest wish is that no part of Sami regretted loving him. But of course, the other part of that episode had EJ at the other end of the spectrum threatening Sami and while we got the good stuff from EJ/Tony on Friday we were stuck with the Lumi idiocy. I also know she wrote the episode the previous Friday with Sami claiming she's afraid of EJ and always will be (oh except when she needs his help! that is such B.S.), the Sami calling EJ irrelevant after the paternity reveal and also she wrote the episode where EJ admitted to raping Sami after another SW (I think Mike Cohen) had written him just a few days earlier saying he didn't rape her and he'd deny it to the day he dies. In any event, this writing staff needs to just get their shit together and all get on the same page IMO and I also think if this show actually wants to have Lumi as the rooting couple they need to have their scenes penned by someone other than Bettina.

Thanks Aremid. No need to feel guilty cause I sometimes want to say what I really feel, but don't have time or energy to put into one of those "wars" that some posters like to start (not you) but you probably know who I mean. I am beginning to have my feelings about Lucas shot to hell by Sheffer because of the way he is being written right now. And also by what I am reading about some of the comments he makes in public. I really feel that Bryan is feeling threatened by James Scott. Perhaps if James were shorter. . . LOL The main reason I come to these message boards is because of people like you, SteveFrame, Kenny, King, PhoenixRising and a whole lot more that have excellent thoughts, ideas and comments. The bottom line is that we all love Days and know it can be a whole lot better than it is now. We can only hope. One other thought, I always wanted Sami to grow up and quite whining about Marlena and Roman getting back together, but I sure don't care much for this version of her. We need consistency in our characters and stories. Please.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I have to jump in with Steve and all the other anti-EJ people....I'm with you! I hate him and HATE the idea of Ejami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply