Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Dustin's Rumors 8/17
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 12:49 PM (676 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

August 17 -
From Anonymous

Consider this a spoilerish rumor, since all details aren't known. However, based on a recent casting call, it looks like Days is gearing up for some kind of Salem University story for the fall, probably involving Chelsea and Stephanie.

The show is looking to cast a diverse group of sorority girls. The leader is Morgan (white, southern) and sorority members include Cordy (Asian) and Carmen (either African American or Hispanic). The roles are said to be recurring principal ones.

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I honestly try to be positive about the show but things like this do not help at all.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is so how Hogan writes, he always needs new characters for his new stories...And these characters will just suck up screen time..But i do think a soriety storyline for Chelsea and Stephanie could be interesting...so who knows...

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Oh Kev I know how he writes which is strange because that is the biggest difference between his writing at ATWT. He never seemed to do that much there.

My biggest fear is that depending on who gets cut these newbies whther contract or not don't need to come at the same time as cuts.

King
Member Avatar

This is why I've gotten to the point where I think Hoagie is a good writer, but not for DAYS. I am tired of his temporary characters.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Aug 17 2007, 01:40 PM
This is so how Hogan writes, he always needs new characters for his new stories...And these characters will just suck up screen time..

Given this is how Hogan writes, I am anticipating it will be uneven and ultimately unsatisfying just like all his stories. ;)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Interesting and promising IMO.

ilovemydays

Damn, I hope they aren't the same old tired cliche of vain, sleazy, back-stabbing bitches that the writers seem to think all young women are like.
Couldn't at least one young women be, oh I don't know, a POSITIVE ROLE MODEL? Given the numbers of hookers and girls desperate to keep "their man" a woman of quality that could stand on her own on DAYS would be a refreshing change.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel like they tried this already back with Saved by the Belle and all the one-note token characters they brought in to surround her. If they'd look at the show now they'd see it failed miserably, since we're left with Shawn, Belle and Phillip- the ones connected to the core families. At least then they didn't overlay ethnicity with it. Just create a damn character.

Oh well. They're doomed to fail and will probably be minor and last for like an episode. Someone's got to come in and make Chelsea and Stephanie jealous regarding Max, Nick and/or Jett.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Didn't Corday say that Abby might be recasted for the fall? I didn't realize how much I'd miss her, until she was gone. I really miss the Chelsea/Abby friendship, which imo is more interesting than the Stephanie/Chelsea friendship.

Also, Abby is almost the polar opposite of both Chelsea and this new incarnation of Stephanie, they really need someone like that in the younger set.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Yeah, they did say that Abby could be back in the fall. I hope that does happen, and maybe it will even be Ashley Benson again. I liked her with Max.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 17 2007, 06:19 PM
Also, Abby is almost the polar opposite of both Chelsea and this new incarnation of Stephanie, they really need someone like that in the younger set.

She was that way, but Stephanie was a different person before the recast/return. They might crappify Abby, too.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I believe it was mentioned that she MIGHT be recast. This sounds as though she won't be returning. With Ed Scott and a new casting director, this could actually work, depending on if Ed Scott has much input and I hear he has and is already rewriting so things could pick up.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Anonymous usually is accurate so I'm inclined to believe this spumor.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Its about time! I was just wondering what was happening with Chelsea and Stephanie returning to school. I'm looking forward to this. If this turns out to be anything like the teen scene with Belle, Shawn etc., I'll love it.

As well, I'm assuming this means the Touch the Sky storyline will be ending soon! WOOHOO!

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 17 2007, 08:19 PM
Didn't Corday say that Abby might be recasted for the fall? I didn't realize how much I'd miss her, until she was gone. I really miss the Chelsea/Abby friendship, which imo is more interesting than the Stephanie/Chelsea friendship.

I agree I liked the dynamic of Chelsea and Abby's friendship. They could be completely a 100% honest with each other. Abby had a way of letting Chelsea know she was being a brat and put her in her place so she'd stop acting that way. I hope that they bring Abby back. I'm not liking the teen set right now. They need more balance. I don't really get the point of the sorority girls storyline. It seems they aged the teens to be over 21 meaning they would be a junior or senior in college. You aren't really concerned without sororities at that time. You are looking to get out by then.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 17 2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, they did say that Abby could be back in the fall. I hope that does happen, and maybe it will even be Ashley Benson again. I liked her with Max.

Yeah they said that she could be back in the fall. On the sony site where they had her Just a girl installments. For her last one where she states she is going to London to be with her parents. She says don't worry I won't be gone long I will be back soon. I hope she is back soon but who knows.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Never I hope. She was so irritating.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply