Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Observation from a friend of mine; (perspective of a lapsed viewer)
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 01:41 PM (338 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I was having a conversation this week with a client of mine who just started a home based business. She came to the office on Monday and saw I had Days on in the office and we got to talking. She told me some things, and I told her about some things I had read on message boards. She says she uses the Internet but just for e-mail and her MySpace page to talk to her family. Anyway I felt she made some interesting points and I asked her if she would type something that I could post here. She said yes. I know that it will not matter to some people but I thought it was interesting to get another perspective of someone who doesn't keep up with things that are going on on baords and stuff.

Anyway here is her statement:

Quote:

"Hello my name is Carol. I am a friend of Steve's - an older friend but not by much. He Hee!!! I watched Days when I was a teenager with my Mom. To give you some idea of my age, I was a teen when Mike Horton was a teen. I quit watching Days in 1981 when I went to work after I got married. I would occassionally see an episode - maybe once a year if I was at my Mother's or something but never on any permanent basis at all. Anyway in 2003 my company shut down, and I went back to college via the Internet, and became a stay at home person. Since my kids are all out of the house, and my husband worked all day I found myself watching TV. Days was the talk of all my family at the time, so I tuned back in just a few short days before Maggie Horton got killed. I was hooked on Days again. There was a little shock over so many new folks to get used to but it was so exciting that it didn't take long. And I really liked a lot of the new folks that I didn't know. Alot of the next few years was boring stuff after that but I was still hooked. Last year when EJ (oh God that man what he does to me) came on I got so excited about the show because he was such a God send to the show. And I was so excited about Sami and EJ. I know Steve prefers Lumi but I'll forgive him for that one. He Hee!!! Anyway in December I got my degree in medical transcription finalized and went back to work for 12 hours each day. So I had to give up Days again and my EJ love. I don't do VCR and DVR's. I am technology handicapped. I know how to turn the VCR on and I know how to basically turn my computer on and that is far as I get. We don't get SoapNet since we live out in the boonies and cable doesn't come and out only Satellite company doesn't offer SoapNet yet. So I gave up my Days and my EJ. Two weeks ago I put in my prerequisite time onsite with my doctor's office and have now started working from home where I am going to set up my own business to do medical transcription from home. So I tuned back into Days and boy what a shock. I have only been gone for like 6 months total time from the show and who are all these people. There is some blonde guy running around with some girl who calls herself Stephanie, and some black guy, and who in the hell is that woman with Nick. And Steve says that woman with Roman & Tony has been on the show before but you can't prove it by me. And why in the world are EJ and Sami dressed up like other people and talking funny. I don't know what happened to my Days but I sure can't get back into it. I'm trying but I just don't know anyone, and it is esp. hard when they are all on screen at the same time or on the same day. Dammit give me back the Days I knew, and esp. give me my EJ and Sami."

That's alright Carol, I'll forgive you for loving that rapist too. Anyway I thought it was an excellent observation from someone who hasn't watched in 6 months. And it makes you wonder about others who left and are trying to come back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, I guess a lot has changed in six months, but I will admit, I didn't watch one full episode from January to April, and I'm watching now. So, in some ways, I think it's improved, in that sense.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for sharing that interesting take on the show and especially her EJ and Sami observations. ;)

How could anyone not intentionally sabotaging show have miscalculated this badly about everything the past eight months?

While I do agree with King that DOOL has improved from what it was Jan-April, it's just not the same DOOL.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

What I found interesting is that just like you guys she hasn't watched since December. I think she told me the exact date was right after Christmas sometime.

But unlike all of us she didn't get the casting news about all these people coming on and all. It has to be jarring to anyone who gave up during that time and then come back. I mean she wasn't one but even if they were told that the balance was better depending on when they tune in it might not seem that way. I know the next day or two after she and I talked I watched. And on the same day Jeremy, Stephanie, Jett, and China Lee were all on and then the next day some of them were on I think with Anna. I didn't write things down jsut thought about them as I worked. You tune in and all those are on the same day or even in the same scene and you haven't watched since December. It has to be a wow moment even if the show is good.

I thought it was interested too coming from her that she was able to jump into days back into 2003 because the story was exciting. She had not watched consistently since 1981 so everybody was new to her, but she said the story was so intriguing she jumped right in. I think that makes a big difference too.

I just thought it was interesting.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

She seems to be (unknowingly) a Reilly fan. WOOHOO!!! lol.

I'm definately right there with her. The last full episode I watched was Lexie's first day back...and before that it was Willow's death...and before that, I don't even remember. My Days viewings are few and far in between. Thanks a lot, Hogan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply