Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Info on storylines for DirecTV; Less action more character driven
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 04:40 PM (1,385 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

In a recent interview, Galen Gering said the new season of Passions will have less-action and it will be more character/dialogue-driven. He also said it will be a brand new show because everything, from the stages to the writing have changed.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Ugh. NOW it begins character-driven??? Figures. Haha.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

The worries me a bit. I can't see PSNS successfully pulling off character driven writing. As slow as JER's pacing is, they'll really be repeating the same thing everyday. I wonder if they'll keep the comedy element?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Um, "less action"?!!! On WHAT planet is this good?!!! :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

And the line about stages changing has me worried too. DEAR GOD! :o
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Guess it will be completly different sets?

bellcurve
Unregistered

Well, what else do you expect?! The show's budget has been slashed in half, they've moved onto an exclusive platform that hardly anyone will be able to want or afford(forget getting the teen 12-17 or the college kids...they may have "spending power" but no way will they over a friggin satellite dish). Reilly really has no choice
Al tho9ught I confess I'll be majorly pissed if the new PASSIONS was a lot similar to first DAYS OF OUR LIVES stint. That's what I've been asking for since the damn show premiered.
Quote Post Goto Top

kserox10

BOO! I cannot watch anymore. They will not be on my watched list anymore.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The show gets good as it's winding down on NBC and now they are going to do this on DIRECTV? Ugh!! What took you so long, Passions?

I will say they tried this in 2004-mid 2005 and it worked great. Only problem is they lost their identity and then tried to regain it and that is when the show went downhill.

Interesting nonetheless.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Watch Passions be, like, some amazing MUST-WATCH show on DirecTV, much like Reilly's 90's stint on Days -- only now, I can't watch it when it's finally good! LoL

I can't wait to see this show with all new sets, LoL. I bet they look cheap as hell. Could be fun that way, though!

Writing changes, too? NIIIIICE. Just fire JER. Fix the show the right way. Fire his ass. :)

sungrey

DirecTV, you've been warned! :lol:

It sounds like Reilly's doing a cross between the SSK story and The Loving Murders on Passions to wrap up its NBC run... if only he could be as innovative as the Loving story was. Wait and see, I guess.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Kenny
Aug 21 2007, 06:32 AM
Watch Passions be, like, some amazing MUST-WATCH show on DirecTV, much like Reilly's 90's stint on Days -- only now, I can't watch it when it's finally good! LoL

I can't wait to see this show with all new sets, LoL. I bet they look cheap as hell. Could be fun that way, though!

Writing changes, too? NIIIIICE. Just fire JER. Fix the show the right way. Fire his ass. :)

what no. what do u have against reilly he done nothing to you. passions is the best soap i have every episode on tape since 1994 (wait....) i will have the last laugh because jer is a great writer even though he doesn't get to write for chelsea and ej anymore.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding.

But seriously, I don't think I could accept Passions without JER as the head writer (unless he died or something....*knocks on wood*).

King
Member Avatar

I found a super secret way to watch PSNS episodes after the move! Eeeee!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

King
Aug 21 2007, 12:42 PM

I think I may have found one too...wonder if it's the same thing. :lol:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I found one too LOL finally

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think I found the same way you all are hinting at, even though I don't need it :lol:

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Do I look like I give a bluedilly fuck?!

Okay, hook a person up! What is this 'secret'?!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Seriously!

Even tho I have DirecTV, probably come October I won't as I'm hoping to be getting my first apartment. YAYNESS!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

King, Rick, PR~ You freakin' lucky asses!!! :P

I'll be happy to get clips on YouTube~ LoL!!!

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

King
Aug 21 2007, 12:42 PM

Me too. Probably the same one you found! :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply