Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Casting News
Topic Started: Aug 17 2007, 05:01 PM (678 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Cathy Jeneen Doe will not be moving to DirecTV but the role of Simone will be recast. Cathy was offered to stay with the show but as recurring and she turned them down.

Adrian Zmed will be back as the Floating Head on August 29 for a handful of episodes.

John Reilly and Christopher Maleki will be on recurring status at DirectTV

Amy Caste debuts August 20 as Vicki Vanderhausen (Esme's Neice)

Adrian Bellani (Miguel) exits September 7

Mark Cameron Wystrach (Fox) exits September 7

Marianne Muellerleile & Kathleene Noone exits September 4

Hannia Guillen (nuPaloma) debuts September 17

Cathy Jeneen Doe (Simone) exits September 7
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Wowie.

Well, no loss with Fox and Miguel.

I don't know why they keep re-casting Simone and never using her nearly to her full potential.

Deleted User
Deleted User

"Adrian Bellani (Miguel) exits September 7

Mark Cameron Wystrach (Fox) exits September 7"

Um, this sends up HUGE red flags for me. Anyone else? I mean, both CHARACTERS are exiting the same DAY.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well that is the last day Pash airs on NBC

jcar03
Member Avatar

Thats the last day of their contract with NBC and they aren't moving to DirecTV those parts will probably end up being recast though their could be some sort of "death" or something.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Doesn't Miguel supposedly go to the loony bin? Not sure about Fox. Maybe they just write him out quickly until they recast? I can't see them just up and dumping Fox/Esme.

Sad to hear Cathy Doe is departing. I hate we're getting yet another Simone recast but I can't blame Doe for going recurring. I hope she goes out there and does great things, because she has awesome potential.

Not sure about nuPaloma yet. I'll wait to judge until she's on-screen but her photos make her look so much older and un Paloma like.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

nuPaloma looks like a typical NBC recast or new character which seem to get more model-like over the years.

BTW, I read in SOD that Cathy would only agree to recurring so they decided to recast.

nassaunew

The new issue of one of the magazines said that the role of Simone will NOT be recast.

Does anyone have the actual magazine? There are conflicting reports. Some are saying that Doe was offered only recurring, but others are saying that Doe did not want to sign a contract.

Which is the printed story?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

nassaunew
Sep 1 2007, 09:38 PM
The new issue of one of the magazines said that the role of Simone will NOT be recast.

Does anyone have the actual magazine? There are conflicting reports. Some are saying that Doe was offered only recurring, but others are saying that Doe did not want to sign a contract.

I just got my SOD with Drake & Monaco on the cover which is dated 9/11......

In the Casting About/Grapevine section it says....

"Despite last weeks report that Passion's Simone will be played by someone other than Cathy Janeen Doe on Directv, a spokesperson for the show says the role will NOT be recast.'

Deleted User
Deleted User

That's strange. If Sim doesn't die on NBC, then that means only one other thing: the show will pull a "Family Matters" and Simone will go the way of Judy. :lol: (For those who don't know the story, the Judy actress aired for FOUR seasons on "Matters;" writers decided they didn't want to write for her anymore so they canned the character; she was never heard from or mentioned again, DESPITE being a member of the Winslow family, the MAIN family on the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow, Passions just went from having one of the largest African American casts down to what, one (Tracey Ross)?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

So, Ross is the last remaining African-American cast member? Wow...this may be a good time to bring Amelia Marshall back or Rodney Van Johnson. Afterall, they simply faded away and that sucked.

Oh, wait, how about Valerie? I think she is remaining on recurring since she is supposed to be a part of some secret.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey don't forget about Vinnie! He's going to DirecTV too -- unless I missed something. :unsure: So that's two.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Yeah, Simone leaves with Whitney.

But.. Paloma is on this week.. I guess it's the new one...

God.. I'm so confuzzled.

King
Member Avatar

I'm actually glad I won't get to see PSNS when it leaves. It's been good lately, but these cast changes will be a big change, and I'm pretty confident the writing will slip again when it moves.

PSNS can just stay in mind - good - like it was this summer. :)

nassaunew

Rhiannon
Sep 1 2007, 09:50 PM
nassaunew
Sep 1 2007, 09:38 PM

I just got my SOD with Drake & Monaco on the cover which is dated 9/11......

In the Casting About/Grapevine section it says....

"Despite last weeks report that Passion's Simone will be played by someone other than Cathy Janeen Doe on Directv, a spokesperson for the show says the role will NOT be recast.'

Thank you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply