Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Soap Opera Opening Discussion!; Discuss the Soaps Openings!
Topic Started: Aug 19 2007, 03:44 PM (2,185 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

jcar03
Sep 18 2007, 09:01 PM
Here's my problem with the cast pics in the opening, while they are nice to look at IT TAKES THEM FOREVER to change it when someone leaves. They only seem to update once a year. We all go on and on about tradition and other things why not leave DAYS opening the same. It is practically an original cast member. Lets not kill it off in favor of some hair blowing in the wind pictures that all the other shows use.

Thank you!!! Just let DAYS keep its signature opening and don't mess with it. I don't want it to have a generic soap opening like all the other shows do now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

AMC----They need to get better/updated shots of Alicia Minshew(Kendall), Leven Rambin(Lily & Ava), Bobbie Eakes(Krystal) & a better shot of Sabine Singh(Greenlee). The next update I bet will be made with NuBabe, Amanda Baker added, plus Justin Breuning(ex-Jamie), Alexa Havins(soon to be ex-Babe) & Kelli Giddish(ex-Di) OUT. Any other new contract cast should be added, such as Stacy Haiduk(Hannah), if on contract.

ATWT ---- do not like it all all. Don't like the Gold, don't like that several people including Paul, Barbara, Lisa, Nancy are left out.

DAYS----Love it, but wouldn't mind it updated with cast pics added.

GH-----Too fast, too big a cast for 1 opening, have 2 like ONE LIFE. Also need a better pic of Julie Berman(Lulu), as well as Laura Wright(Carly). Also others need to be added(even if not on contract but imporant) such as Kin Shriner(Scott), Ron Hale(Mike), Derk Cheetwood(Max), Rick Springfield(Noah). and newly on contract Sonya Eddy(Epiphany).

ONE LIFE----sorely needs new shots of Bree Williamson(Jess), Melissa Gallo(Adrianna), & some others. I want Ilene Kristen(Roxy), Pat Elliott(Renee) & Patricia Mauceri(Carlotte) back in the opening, they're not on contract (neither is the wonderful Cat Hickland), all are vets and important part of the cast and should be added. Also Newer contract players Beth-Ann Bonner(Talia), Jason Tam(Markko), Portia Reiners(Britney) & John Brotherton(Jared) need to be added as well. And Please, Please, Please drop Paul Satterfield(ex-Spencer) from the opening!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

I think the BEST opening right now is B&B. And Bell does seem to keep it updated. I wish Y&R would update their openings, I hate ALL THE ABC OPENINGS. They used to have the best but now they all look the same, well OLTL and GH are so dark and AMC, well its dark too.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

hmm B&B does seem to have the best opening at the moment.

ATWT has the best opening theme though. It's so dramatic. It's kind of a throwback to the 80s opening. The sequence itself is the problem though. I don't like the gold. Is this the second time that ATWT has gone "gold" lol? Overall I don't like any of the openings that Goutman has chosen for the show, w/the exception of the one from 2000.

DAYS should have never retired the "Melaswen" opening.

AMC, GH, and OLTL have awful openings. GH is the worst of them all.

kserox10

Mulder
Sep 19 2007, 06:33 PM
AMC----They need to get better/updated shots of Alicia Minshew(Kendall), Leven Rambin(Lily & Ava), Bobbie Eakes(Krystal) & a better shot of Sabine Singh(Greenlee). The next update I bet will be made with NuBabe, Amanda Baker added, plus Justin Breuning(ex-Jamie), Alexa Havins(soon to be ex-Babe) & Kelli Giddish(ex-Di) OUT. Any other new contract cast should be added, such as Stacy Haiduk(Hannah), if on contract.

Yea, Hannah, Wes, Dre, nuBabe, Ava will be in

While Babe, Jamie, Di will be out

Scott
Member Avatar

I don't understand all the dislike for the GH opening. Don't get me wrong I loved the Faces of the Heart opening loads better, but this one isn't horrible like everyone likes to point out.

Now ATWT is a horrible opening. The shots of the actors are just kind of flouting on the screen, thats horrible. And their sequencing is awful too.

kserox10

I agree! ATWT opening stinks. It looses the Globe theme!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I hate ATWT lost the globe theme but overall I loveeeeeeeeee the opening. I really love the gold. It needs some tweaking but overall I love it.

At the same time the globe is still part of the Wording of AS The World Turns and that is all that it was for many years anyway. So it hasn't fully lost the theme either.

It is the same as people saying about the lighthouse being gone from GL's theme. The lighthouse was not part of GL's theme for many many years but yet most people think it always has.

aMLCproduction
Member Avatar
Prince

kserox10
Sep 21 2007, 05:02 PM
I agree! ATWT opening stinks. It looses the Globe theme!

I think it is a nice throw back to the 50's and 60's esp when the farm appears. ATWT prolly has the 2nd best after B&B

Mason
Member Avatar

I really like ATWT's current opening. I do wish more characters were included, particularly Nancy, Lisa, Barbara, Tom and Margo, and I wish they would use a different font for the logo, but other than that, I don't have a problem with it. The music's even kinda catchy after a while.

Scott
Member Avatar

The music for ATWT isnt bad its the rest of it that is, lol.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

At least the globe spins now when the opening changed...you have to admit that LOL

Scott
Member Avatar

ok I admit the spinning globe is cool.

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

I like the short ATWT opening they've been using than the long one.

AMC is my fave.

Days is classic=Boring.

Scott
Member Avatar

I do like the classic days opening, but I also wouldnt mind seeing a new one with the characters pictures either.

I like the ABC ones.

kserox10

Yea, GL 70th is crap

ATWT has a catchy theme but agian the globe feel is different and UPDATE!

AMC/OLTL is the one I love!

B&B is nice but I have noticed that it looks kinda weird when they add people.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DAYS is an absolute classic and is practically the same opening they have had since 1965. The daytime platform will not be the same without the hourglass and Mac Carey's infamous dialouge.

It is iconic and the most well-known soap opening of all time....adding cast photos would just PISS me off and the opening would lose its uniqueness and its class. It would be JUST LIKE all the other shows on CBS/ABC with their flashy "modern" (ie. UNORIGINAL and UNDAYTIME) and "hip" (ie. BORING).

Like others have said, if it aint broke, don't try and fix it and that rings especially true for DAYS!

Mason
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2007, 09:23 PM
DAYS is an absolute classic and is practically the same opening they have had since 1965. The daytime platform will not be the same without the hourglass and Mac Carey's infamous dialouge.

It is iconic and the most well-known soap opening of all time....adding cast photos would just PISS me off and the opening would lose its uniqueness and its class. It would be JUST LIKE all the other shows on CBS/ABC with their flashy "modern" (ie. UNORIGINAL and UNDAYTIME) and "hip" (ie. BORING).

Like others have said, if it aint broke, don't try and fix it and that rings especially true for DAYS!

Daaaamn RIGHT! :hail:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Mason AKA Hogan
Sep 23 2007, 09:28 PM
Mitchapalooza
Sep 23 2007, 09:23 PM
DAYS is an absolute classic and is practically the same opening they have had since 1965.  The daytime platform will not be the same without the hourglass and Mac Carey's infamous dialouge.

It is iconic and the most well-known soap opening of all time....adding cast photos would just PISS me off and the opening would lose its uniqueness and its class.  It would be JUST LIKE all the other shows on CBS/ABC with their flashy "modern" (ie. UNORIGINAL and UNDAYTIME) and "hip" (ie. BORING).

Daaaamn RIGHT! :hail:

Sometimes when the show is SO unrecognizable (like last year and earlier this year and the end of JER's run), the opening theme brings a smile to my face, it truly softens my stance...it is just so identifiable with such great moments and memories.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Quote:

and I wish they would use a different font for the logo,

That's one of the main reasons why I'm irked by this opening. The logo isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I wish they could have went with a better one.

DAYS is a classic, but I love it. The music though could use a little tweaking though.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply