Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ATWT Weekly Discussion Thread (Aug. 20-24)
Topic Started: Aug 20 2007, 01:10 PM (841 Views)
oakdalelover

:)
Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

That Cole is a jerk!
Sophie and Gwen are pregnant at the same time. We know the problems Gwen has had in the past. Surely Jean is not that bad that there is coming a baby switch part 2!

The scenes at the quicksand were so unintentionally funny. Jack arrived just in time. How he knew they were there I don't know! Jack,just out of the hospital lifts Carly out of the quicksand with one hand.Carly hears Jack tell Katie that he loves her.

I would have much seen a scene where Uncle Brad tells Parker about his family then Katie worrying about Jack.

Cherie and her hand so close on Elwood's thigh was funny.

Hey Luke! Spill your guts boy!

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Love your new avatar James.

I watched part of today's show but never could really get into it today. Just didn't connect for some reason.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Aug 20 2007, 04:42 PM
Love your new avatar James.

I watched part of today's show but never could really get into it today. Just didn't connect for some reason.

Wasnt because you were too horny...oops..bad bad me...hehe...Ummm....I agree with james....Cole is a jerk and I dont care for Sophie either. Katie just gets on my last nerve. Poor Luke....wish Noah hadnt been such a jerk to him. I loved Luke's reaction to the kiss afterwards. :D Jack is such an idiot. When will he admit he still wants Carly. :soapbox:
Quote Post Goto Top

oakdalelover

Okay this Katie stuff has gone on long enough! Jean,you got all the CarJack fans up in arms. That is what you and Chris set out to do. Now move it along!

That Winston Mayer is something else! Cold and domineering! I like Daniel Hugh Kelly and wish they'd keep him. Can't you see him hook up with Barbara?
Luke and Noah have been on two days now with a promise on being on tomorrow! Normally they are reserved for Thursday's and Friday's! Previews look good tomorrow!

I wish Aaron had told that manager who fired him:"Watch it,fella! My stepmother is the co-owner of this joint! One day,I might be firing you!"
I can't wait to see this plot with Cherie play out!

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

oakdalelover
Aug 21 2007, 04:41 PM
Okay this Katie stuff has gone on long enough! Jean,you got all the CarJack fans up in arms. That is what you and Chris set out to do. Now move it along!

That Winston Mayer is something else! Cold and domineering! I like Daniel Hugh Kelly and wish they'd keep him. Can't you see him hook up with Barbara?
Luke and Noah have been on two days now with a promise on being on tomorrow! Normally they are reserved for Thursday's and Friday's! Previews look good tomorrow!

I wish Aaron had told that manager who fired him:"Watch it,fella! My stepmother is the co-owner of this joint! One day,I might be firing you!"
I can't wait to see this plot with Cherie play out!

I know! After these months that Robin Mattson has been with the show, I've just been thinking "Okay, is there a bigger picture here than seeing her as a day player?" But finally we're getting some action!

:wub: at the Carjack previews for tomorrow.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Wait.... Robin Mattson is on this show??

psychofan
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Aug 21 2007, 10:00 PM
Wait.... Robin Mattson is on this show??

Yep. She's playing Cheri-- a vendictive bitch (like many of her roles...lol) who pimps out women and is feuding with a few characters right now.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

I pretty much hated today's show. I FF about 70% of the show. I only watched the Jack/Carly/kids/Katie scenes and Nuke scenes. If it wasnt for Nuke today it woutd have been 99% FF. Not a very good show at all.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar

Ugh DAMN my Time Warner Cable!!! They've stopped putting entire summaries for the shows and now only include one line, so I don't know whether I want to tivo the show or not. <_<

oakdalelover

Carly and Jack had some meaningful scenes today and there was NO Brad and Katie! Their dialogue was great.

Noah admitted that he wanted to kiss Luke but he"choses" not to be gay.Good dialogue here.

Susan and Ali,Dusty and Lily had good scenes with great dialogue.

Vienna and Henry were the comic relief today at the diner. She goes in to the kitchen and off screen you hear her scream.

Richard Culliton wrote this episode. No surprise.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

First episode all week I could get into. And what was amazing was that it was followed by an equally great GL today. Oh man two great hours with some great acting.

For me Robin Mattson, Ricky Paull Golding, Beth Ehlers, Maura West, and Michael Park were all understated today. No big dramatic scenes for any between the 2 shows, but damn they hit home runs.

Loved Noah's realization.

psychofan
Member Avatar

LOL I can't believe that I'm always having an opposite opinion from everyone. I didn't like today's show. :lol: I thought it was a total snoozefest. I mean, I liked the stories that were happening, but there was no real plot movement.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

psychofan
Aug 22 2007, 05:36 PM
LOL I can't believe that I'm always having an opposite opinion from everyone. I didn't like today's show. :lol: I thought it was a total snoozefest. I mean, I liked the stories that were happening, but there was no real plot movement.

And I liked today's show. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Tyler, I know there wasn't plot movement and I could have definitely done without the Diner mess. Vienna needs to go like yesterday.

What wooed me today was the moments. This to me is what soaps are all about. Some of the things I remember through the years about soaps are necessarily full stories but moments or just self-contained parts of episodes. They are what is special to me over time.

I just loved the Carly and Jack stuff today. It was so real and so special. I am not the biggest Jack/Carly fan, but today I really got what is special about them.

I was glad to see and forgot to say it too a little spark of friendship and remembrance between Dusty and Lily what they once meant to one another. Here was her first love, and it was just a nice thing to see them relate to one another and talk a little about the past. It would have been 100% times better if it had been Brian Bloom back as Dusty, but it was still so special to me.

I don't know there doesn't have to always be movement for me to enjoy an episode. I guess I am strange that way. And I don't have to have complete action either. I am strange that way too.

It was just a nice episode that helped to bond characters and that is what makes me care for them. And it is what is so sadly missing from so many soaps today.

psychofan
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 22 2007, 10:07 PM
Tyler, I know there wasn't plot movement and I could have definitely done without the Diner mess. Vienna needs to go like yesterday.

What wooed me today was the moments. This to me is what soaps are all about. Some of the things I remember through the years about soaps are necessarily full stories but moments or just self-contained parts of episodes. They are what is special to me over time.

I just loved the Carly and Jack stuff today. It was so real and so special. I am not the biggest Jack/Carly fan, but today I really got what is special about them.

I was glad to see and forgot to say it too a little spark of friendship and remembrance between Dusty and Lily what they once meant to one another. Here was her first love, and it was just a nice thing to see them relate to one another and talk a little about the past. It would have been 100% times better if it had been Brian Bloom back as Dusty, but it was still so special to me.

I don't know there doesn't have to always be movement for me to enjoy an episode. I guess I am strange that way. And I don't have to have complete action either. I am strange that way too.

It was just a nice episode that helped to bond characters and that is what makes me care for them. And it is what is so sadly missing from so many soaps today.

I enjoyed the Carjack stuff too now that I really think about it. I loved how Carly knew exactly how things would work and even though Jack tried to deny it, we could see deep down that he knew it wasn't over with her and he had to constantly reassure himself that he's in love with Katie. :lol:

Vienna....ugh. I was over her the second I started seeing her as an Oakdale presence. I don't think I've heard her speak more than twenty words because I FF her scenes so much.

oakdalelover

Ron liked today's show and even gave it a smiley face!!!!

YES! :D :D :D

I agree with you Steve and Tyler. They could have done without Vienna and Henry today.
Henry Coleman is one of my favorite characters andhe is one of the most misused (is that a word?) characters!

psychofan
Member Avatar

Okay, I think ATWT's Friday episode was the BEST in Friday's daytime. It was like every story was moving and at the end, there was a cliffhanger for EVERYONE! I mean, my heart was racing so fast and my mouth was open so wide....it was AMAZING!!!

And I'm sure someone's going to say "Friday sucked" :lol:

Mr. Brightside
Member Avatar

Friday did not suck.

I enjoyed Holden's talk with Aaron. I like that Holden's calling it the way it was regarding Dusty. He has had his pick of the young (Lucy, Alison, Jennifer) yet no one has a problem with it

The Paul/Rosanna/Craig scene at the end was very good. Was I the only one who forgot that Paul was supposed to be dead? I just thought Craig's reaction was towards Rosanna at first! Meg fainting int he preview is what reminded me about Paul.

P.J.

*steps into the party*

WHEN will Pissy just END the travesty of KACK???

CARJACK RULES!!! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply