Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: TV Guide Article; Are Happy Days Here Again?
Topic Started: Aug 20 2007, 05:51 PM (992 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

TV Guide

Are Happy Days Here Again?
Last January, NBC announced it would likely drop DAYS at the end of it's current contract. But there may be hope for the ol' soap yet. The network has forced a big backstage shake-up that resulted in the hiring of show runner Ed Scott and casting chief Marnie Saitta, both vets of the #1 soap Y&R. Then NBC's new hotshot entertainment cochairman Ben Silverman came to the set to personally greet the cast and crew. Does this sound like a doomed show to you? NBC declined to comment, but I'll have more dish on this soon!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 20 2007, 06:51 PM
TV Guide

Are Happy Days Here Again?
Last January, NBC announced it would likely drop DAYS at the end of it's current contract. But there may be hope for the ol' soap yet. The network has forced a big backstage shake-up that resulted in the hiring of show runner Ed Scott and casting chief Marnie Saitta, both vets of the #1 soap Y&R. Then NBC's new hotshot entertainment cochairman Ben Silverman came to the set to personally greet the cast and crew. Does this sound like a doomed show to you? NBC declined to comment, but I'll have more dish on this soon!

Wow, so the executive changes were FORCED on the show by NBC?

Corday must be pissed. I think he was in love with Steve Wyman.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

So who did this thing. ON one hand rumors say Sony did it. Then in another interview Corday hints at taking credit for it. And now it is the network that forced this.

Oh brother get your stories straight folks.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

It's hard to look at an article like this without being a pessimistic ass. From what I gather, NBC forced these changes as a last resort for the show. If Days doesn't recover in the ratings by March of 2009, the show will indeed be canceled. I wouldn't say NBC has full faith in the show, it's more like limited faith.

Days better inch up in the ratings soon, if it doesn't, Days as we know it (on NBC at least) is gone.

King
Member Avatar

I wonder if they mean Sony...?

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Looks like this was Ben Silverman/NBC's first order of business. Thank goodness!

Guess Corday wanted to make himself look good, and pass it off as his idea.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Rick
Aug 20 2007, 06:03 PM
Guess Corday wanted to make himself look good, and pass it off as his idea.

Nothing new there. LOL!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Okay i'm tired of reading about this..i just want big scoops on whats going to happen in the next few months...and i want to see the changes on my screen...

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Changes should occur around Mid September, since Scott's first day was August 6

Ridge
Member Avatar

I agree Kev, enough with the talk. Talk is the one thing DAYS has not been lacking at all for the past 6+ years. DELIVER. Just DELIVER!!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I want to be optimistic about this. I do respect Ed Scott and I do think it is wonderful Wyman is gone but I wonder who it is at Days that has the backward looking vision and if that will continue under Scott. It is more than obvious that the same old stuff will not make a dent in the sagging ratings.

Suffice it to say, this may be the final chance to insure Day's survival. I really hope Scott is allowed to do that.

We should know as soon as his version of the episodes hit the airwaves. Lighting and fine tuning of episodes will be nice, but substantive changes in the show's direction must be effected. IMO.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Aug 20 2007, 07:24 PM
I want to be optimistic about this. I do respect Ed Scott and I do think it is wonderful Wyman is gone but I wonder who it is at Days that has the backward looking vision and if that will continue under Scott. It is more than obvious that the same old stuff will not make a dent in the sagging ratings.

Suffice it to say, this may be the final chance to insure Day's survival. I really hope Scott is allowed to do that.

We should know as soon as his version of the episodes hit the airwaves. Lighting and fine tuning of episodes will be nice, but substantive changes in the show's direction must be effected. IMO.

Co-sign.

VEry well put Cindy

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think they mean Sony. Still promising, regardless.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

These are good signs. Yes, we've had about 5 of these kinds of articles in the last year, but I'm going to continue to be optimistic about this, as I am truly enjoing DAYS for the first time in a longggg time. I can now say that I'm no longer embarrassed to be a DAYS fan.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I would love for DAYS to resume, but sad part is, I am hardly into it anymore.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I'm pretty sure the changes were ordered by Sony, not NBC. NBC couldn't care less if they tried. It's Sony that wants to save the show since they're the ones with the vested interest.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply