Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Ali blogged 8/20; MDA telethon stuff/Ed Scott thoughts
Topic Started: Aug 20 2007, 06:11 PM (1,831 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This weekend I went to Las Vegas as a prep for one of the coolest opportunities ever – I am going to be a co-host of the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon on Labor Day weekend (go to their website, mdausa.org for info on your local channel). Here’s the catch: Tom Bergeron and I are handling the 12pm – 8am shift! Ha!! Ed McMahon and Jerry have the prime-time shift, Tom and I definitely don’t have the seniority there, so we’re happy working the graveyard stint. Tom and I were at dinner discussing different methods to be the 5am exhaustion. He had plenty of advice to share, and since he’s done it a couple years now, I think we’ll be cool (dear Caffine, please don't let me down! love, Ali). Tom is definitely a crack-up, and of course, I had to tell him how much I love AFV. That show kills me. And frankly, since my own experience with embarrassing-moments-caught-on-video, I don’t feel so badly laughing at other people falling down. But Dave and I definitely had to share a ‘look’ as we were sitting down to dinner with Jerry, Tom, and Ed starts sharing Johnny Carson stories… we were like ‘who are we?’ how did we get here?! So crazy!!! Anyway, the telethon is 20 hours long – scheduled, from Sunday through Monday afternoon on Labor Day, I hope you check it out (and CALL IN to support the cause!) The Muppets are going to be there (and yeah, I am TOTALLY excited about that. Dave suggested we Tivo it too for when ben’s just a little older, the my-mom-met-the-muppets factor.)

As many of you know, there has been a behind-the-scenes ‘shake up’ at Days. I had to email Melody (Thomas Scott, Y&R) to tell her how much we LOVE her husband. Ed is such an awesome Leader. He has shaped up the show in every area… it’s still the Days you love, but it’s a tighter, more powerful way of telling stories. I think you’ll see a clear difference when his first episode airs. Everyone is so enthusiastic right now, and motivated to go above and beyond – but who wouldn’t be inspired by a man who runs everywhere? Ed seriously runs (I think Steve (Steve) mentioned his orange sneakers?) yeah, Ed runs to and from the booth all day. And by all day, I mean, literally from 6:45am until we wrap the show, sometimes 11:30 or 12pm. You hear him coming, and you know he’s going to tweak the scene, make it better, make everyone look better. Dee (Marlena) and Kristian (Hope) and I were chatting after our scenes last week about how fantastic the sets look, the lighting…we can’t wait for his stuff to start airing, because we know you’re all going to love what you see.

Have I mentioned how cute the movie ‘Cars’ is? Well, let me just tell you, any movie you can watch/listen to, 956 times, and still laugh, is one heck of a good movie. And we don’t even let Ben watch that much tv… but, ALL he will watch is Cars. “Mater, mommy?” “race cars, mommy?” that’s the only thing he wants to see. And what’s best about this particular movie is that there aren’t any really scary parts that I have to ff past. The whole thing is just adorable, funny and clever. So I happily give Pixar 2 thumbs up for a movie I now know better than they do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Great to read that..I really hope the Marlena board doesn't bash Ali, like they did SN for being excited about Ed Scott..Maybe the fact that she mentioned Deidre will help..

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kevc1980
Aug 20 2007, 06:23 PM
Great to read that..I really hope the Marlena board doesn't bash Ali, like they did SN for being excited about Ed Scott..Maybe the fact that she mentioned Deidre will help..

What was the reason behind the bash of Steve
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Yet again, more discussion about how fantastic the sets look and how great the lighting looks.

I CAN'T WAIT! This is something the show has needed for a very long time. I've said many times before that although the writing for the show has improved over the last year, there's something about the execution of it that leaves it lacking. Somewhere along the way, the dramatic punch of certain key scenes ends up falling flat.

Two/three years ago, who would've imagined this? Three years ago we were in Melaswen, and two years ago we were in the middle of the horrifying Alex North debacle. Yet today, here Days stands with this powerhouse lineup of executives. Multiple Emmy-Award winning headwriter Hogan Sheffer hired with JER getting the axe... Stephen Wyman getting the axe with the amazing Ed Scott as his replacement... plus, hiring the Y&R casting director! I can't wait to see these changes represented in the show in the air.

Ali says that we'll notice the changes during Ed Scott's very first episode. I'm thrilled about that! Maybe I'll start watching again...

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

wow i am even more excited if first stephan then Ali are excited. I cant wait.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Any idea when Ed Scott's first episode airs?

It sounds VERY promising. I'm assuming Scott's first episode will probably air in late September if taped recently ... ? What's the taping schedule like right now?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Scott's been working in the Days studio since late July/early August, so we should start seeing his stuff in early/mid September.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

KMan101
Aug 20 2007, 06:36 PM
Any idea when Ed Scott's first episode airs?

It sounds VERY promising. I'm assuming Scott's first episode will probably air in late September if taped recently ... ? What's the taping schedule like right now?

and it better be lots of nick and chelsea and ej and sami. Or the start of ej and sami relationship starting to bloom.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

watch out other soaps, cause days will be coming back. with a emmy winner head writer in sheffer, and a great executive producer in scott, days will be coming back. Didnt hogan have a great production team at ATWT, i heard he did. so lets she if he can work the hogan magic now with Ed scott as the EP. I heard hogan works alot better with a great production team.

but one thing to remember hogan, MORE EJ, MORE EJ, MORE EJ AND MORE EJ, nick, chelsea and sami.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 06:43 PM
but one thing to remember hogan, MORE EJ, MORE EJ, MORE EJ AND MORE EJ, nick, chelsea and sami.

Um, that's exactly why Days isn't doing well in the ratings. <_<

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if there will be changes in the musical cues, as well.

The actors won't know about any of THAT stuff until the show actually airs.

*crossing fingers*

King
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 20 2007, 06:11 PM

As many of you know, there has been a behind-the-scenes ‘shake up’ at Days. I had to email Melody (Thomas Scott, Y&R) to tell her how much we LOVE her husband. Ed is such an awesome Leader. He has shaped up the show in every area… it’s still the Days you love, but it’s a tighter, more powerful way of telling stories. I think you’ll see a clear difference when his first episode airs.

WOW! Sounds great. I am even more motivated - :lol: - to watch!

Ridge
Member Avatar

I hate to say this, especially considering pessimism rules LOL but the starts have been optimistic many a times before and it has not translated to on screen excitement or fan following. Many were happy with Hogan and many were happy with JER esp. with the ratings rises.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I love the sounds of the changes. I am still hoping that he will not necessarily interfere with the writing but tighten it up. Get the staff together to clear up some of inconsistencies which are very apparent when one day EJ says he didn't rape Sami and 2 days later he says he did. That is one example. Just needs a little more oversight. And I hope that he will take the time to urge Hogan to do better balance in not just who he writes for but the quality of the story he writes for them. That is where the balance is hurting right now.

Days needs better execution but it also needs tightening up and tweeking as far as certain things go in the writing. And I agree with Alvin - more EJ, more Sami, more Nick and more Chelsea are only ways to make the ratings go further down instead of up.

Days finally has good writing and it sounds like lots better production values. Spread the wealth around and let some of these stars who have been faithful and loyal enjoy it and let fans who love them enjoy it even more too.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

if there is less ej, sami, nick and chelsea when Ed scott steps in and only limits them to 2-3 days a week then i will be pissed.

King
Member Avatar

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 07:39 PM
if there is less ej, sami, nick and chelsea when Ed scott steps in and only limits them to 2-3 days a week then i will be pissed.

No characters should be on 5 days a week.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

King
Aug 20 2007, 07:51 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 07:39 PM

No characters should be on 5 days a week.

james scott, ali sweeney, rachel melvin and Blake berris should because they are all great actor/actress. :P

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

They should just have Nick, Chelsea, Sami and EJ sit in a chair and smile at the camera. Maybe bring in a blue screen so they can be there all the time yet in different locales. Throw in an occasional line of dialogue, a look between them.

And if anyone else has to come on they should only talk about Nick, Chelsea, Sami and EJ. How does Hope feel about the Nick/Chelsea relationship? What of Alice or Stefano?

Also: Ali's frickin' everywhere. I can't imagine how she's pulling all this stuff off.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

px780
Aug 20 2007, 07:59 PM
They should just have Nick, Chelsea, Sami and EJ sit in a chair and smile at the camera.  Maybe bring in a blue screen so they can be there all the time yet in different locales. Throw in an occasional line of dialogue, a look between them. 

And if anyone else has to come on they should only talk about Nick, Chelsea, Sami and EJ.  How does Hope feel about the Nick/Chelsea relationship?  What of Alice or Stefano?

Also: Ali's frickin' everywhere.  I can't imagine how she's pulling all this stuff off.

she is superwomen lol, but i am dissappointed how much i love ali and james, i wanted colleen and santo to look exactly like Chelsea and Nick. that would be awesome or look exactly like bo and hope.

that wouldnt be a bad idea

King
Member Avatar

That's the worst idea I've ever heard. LOL! That's worse than Ali and James playing Santeen or Canteen or whatever the heck they are called. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply