Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Ali blogged 8/20; MDA telethon stuff/Ed Scott thoughts
Topic Started: Aug 20 2007, 06:11 PM (1,829 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 07:57 PM
King
Aug 20 2007, 07:51 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 07:39 PM
if there is less ej, sami, nick and chelsea when Ed scott steps in and only limits them to 2-3 days a week then i will be pissed.

No characters should be on 5 days a week.

james scott, ali sweeney, rachel melvin and Blake berris should because they are all great actor/actress. :P

Can you crawl back into your whole again? your just too much...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I think it could work. Chelsea and Nick could have a past life, too, that ties into...why Celeste is a bad psychic. Kelsey and Rick, set in, say, 1975. Straight outta Boston, so we get the accents. Gosh, that would be swell.

I'm glad Sweeney is confident. Hopefully this helps her improve, because I'm starting to hate Sami.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

King
Aug 20 2007, 08:04 PM
That's the worst idea I've ever heard. LOL! That's worse than Ali and James playing Santeen or Canteen or whatever the heck they are called. ;)

hey ali and james are doing a fantastic job, they are doing great at the accents and well soon, we will get a love scene between them, i cant wait. I am loving colleen and santo so far but it would have been better with Chelsea as Colleen and Nick as Santo, i think it would be funny with nick with the mustache. But i am glad that ali and james are santeen, they are doing a fantastic job and well the young brady sami and the young dimera ej. I LOVE IT

But i would love it more if Rachel and Blake would play santeen. They are great actors same with Ali and james.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 08:08 PM
But i would love it more if Rachel and Blake would play santeen. They are great actors same with Ali and james.

Um, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the whole storyline, since Sami and EJ are supposed to look like Colleen and Santo. :huh:

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 20 2007, 08:11 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

Um, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the whole storyline, since Sami and EJ are supposed to look like Colleen and EJ. :huh:

yea but they stated that this year that sami looked like colleen and ej santo. They could have found a picture instead of sami looking like colleen, they could have found a picture that chelsea looked like colleen and bo and hope would have been more shocked then ever and stefano has a picture instead of ej looking like santo, he pulls out a picture of Nick and says well if the hortons and brady ever found this out, it would rock there families forever and pulls out a picture of santo that looked exactly like Nick. That would be awesome but i am loving santeen with Ali and James. they are doing a great job.

u know what i just pictured nick with that mustache lol

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

KMan101
Aug 20 2007, 06:36 PM
Any idea when Ed Scott's first episode airs?

It sounds VERY promising. I'm assuming Scott's first episode will probably air in late September if taped recently ... ? What's the taping schedule like right now?

Ed's first episode seems to be August 29. It was posted on some other boards and fits with the way Days currently tapes.

Damn Ali is everywhere and that is exactly why she is frontburner and headlining the show's major story.

I love her so much. She is so personable and giving to her fans. Too bad she will probably get bashed just like SN did :lol:

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2007, 08:30 PM
KMan101

It sounds VERY promising. I'm assuming Scott's first episode will probably air in late September if taped recently ... ? What's the taping schedule like right now?

Ed's first episode seems to be August 29. It was posted on some other boards and fits with the way Days currently tapes.

Damn Ali is everywhere and that is exactly why she is frontburner and headlining the show's major story.

I love her so much. She is so personable and giving to her fans. Too bad she will probably get bashed just like SN did :lol:

if ali gets bashed then i will step in and stop it noone bashes my Sami and gets away with it. :P

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 08:31 PM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2007, 08:30 PM
KMan101

if ali gets bashed then i will step in and stop it noone bashes my Sami and gets away with it. :P

I'm sure Ali is extremely relieved to have you advocating on her behalf.

dawn9476

PhoenixRising05
Aug 20 2007, 09:30 PM
KMan101

It's pretty much expected when you have an actress on as much as Ali. Look at the way GH fans bash LW, JMB, BH and KeMo.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Yep and you can add Kim Zimmer, Michael Easton, Alicia Minshew, Alexa Havins and others to that list. They all are bashed by fans of their shows because of the airtime they get. The writers put them front and center because they like them and like to write for them, but they make fans hate them. Not every fan but a large number of them. It stirs up jealousy factors for fans who's favorites are being slighted. For many of them it causes the actor to become cocky.

Katie used to be one of the favorite characters on ATWT as well as Gwen, but now they are two of the most hated because the writers have let them take over every story.

I will be so glad when the writers and TPTB realize that a balancing out of characters would be more beneficial to the shows in so many ways.

1) There would be no feelings of jealousy between fan bases which dominate the soap world today. Soaps of old used to maintain a lead character without letting them dominate the screen time.

2) Stories won't get as stale as they are not featured everyday. How do you think Days kept the Doug & Julie story going for 6 years before they actually married them off. They first made love in 1970 and didn't get together until 1976. They did feature them everyday. They ran several stories front and center during this time: Bill/Laura/Mickey/Maggie; Greg and Susan; Tom's heart problems as he dealt with knowing about Mike; and several other b stories during this time too.

3) And as Rick has pointed out, the budget would be balanced. Right now they pay actors to do nothing, and then pay some more than they are guaranteed. So they pay the extra money out for using people more than they should, and pay people money for doing nothing.

And the most important thing is all fans would find something in the show to identify with or a character to identify with. Not all fans would be happy but more would be happy than complaining.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Ali is spreading her wings. One of these days she will just fly away when a major show tempts too strongly. On Days, she has got to be a dreadful bore by too much exposure and very little good material. I wish her well and wish she would get a great primetime show of her very own.

Deleted User
Deleted User

px780
I think it could work. Chelsea and Nick could have a past life, too, that ties into...why Celeste is a bad psychic. Kelsey and Rick, set in, say, 1975. Straight outta Boston, so we get the accents. Gosh, that would be swell.

I'm glad Sweeney is confident. Hopefully this helps her improve, because I'm starting to hate Sami.

I nearly choked on my sunflower seeds! ahhh.. you rock.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

As many of you know, there has been a behind-the-scenes ‘shake up’ at Days. I had to email Melody (Thomas Scott, Y&R) to tell her how much we LOVE her husband. Ed is such an awesome Leader."

First of all, the good. Love to hear your enthusiasm, Ali! And I am VERY impressed that she can just call up another soap actress -- well, excuse me, e-mail her -- JUST LIKE THAT. Can YOU IMAGINE?! Having soap stars from other networks in your address book?! How unexpected! I love it!!!

Anyway, now to the bad. Ease up on your caps, Ali. Ed may be "awesome" but he's not a "Leader." He's NOT God or another divine figure. Please, use lower caps appropriately.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DaysFanJean
Aug 20 2007, 10:59 PM
Ali is spreading her wings. One of these days she will just fly away when a major show tempts too strongly. On Days, she has got to be a dreadful bore by too much exposure and very little good material. I wish her well and wish she would get a great primetime show of her very own.

Sorry. Ali has had many chances to leave Days and hasn't. She has mentioned this in interviews and said the show allows her to do other things while remaining on. She is going nowhere as long as that keeps happening.

The reason why I and others brought up Ali being bashed is because SN got bashed for making a similar blog posting a week ago. It was one of the most appalling things I have seen on a message board. Bashing happens alot but these messages are meant to be hopeful and those damn rabid fanbases bash them and take away from the original purpose. Ugh. :angry:

Kenny
Member Avatar

I wonder if Days will fade the credits in and out at the beginning of the show like Y&R does. Was that Ed Scott's decision?

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Kenny
Aug 21 2007, 02:40 AM
I wonder if Days will fade the credits in and out at the beginning of the show like Y&R does. Was that Ed Scott's decision?

That was Latham's decision, I believe. LOL!

Do you mean like how the EP and writers are all listed in the beginning of the show? If so, then yes, that was all Latham.

Since it's debut up until last year, Y&R always listed its EP and some of its other credits at the end of the show, everything would fade to black and you'd see in white writing "William J. Bell" or "Jack F. Smith" or something.

To be fair though, Y&R's signature production style existed before Scott was working on the show. It was all Y&R's original EP's decision, John Conboy. Conboy later applied many of the same production tricks on his failed GL stint.

sungrey

Canteen? Reminds me of Adam Sandler on SNL. :)

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

DOOL_Fan4ever
if there is less ej, sami, nick and chelsea when Ed scott steps in and only limits them to 2-3 days a week then i will be pissed.

Would it piss you off enough to quit watching?

<_<

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Rhiannon
Aug 21 2007, 01:06 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

Would it piss you off enough to quit watching?

<_<

yea i want ej, sami, nick and chelsea, bo and hope on 5 days a week

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 20 2007, 08:14 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 20 2007, 08:11 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

Um, it would kinda defeat the purpose of the whole storyline, since Sami and EJ are supposed to look like Colleen and EJ. :huh:

yea but they stated that this year that sami looked like colleen and ej santo. They could have found a picture instead of sami looking like colleen, they could have found a picture that chelsea looked like colleen and bo and hope would have been more shocked then ever and stefano has a picture instead of ej looking like santo, he pulls out a picture of Nick and says well if the hortons and brady ever found this out, it would rock there families forever and pulls out a picture of santo that looked exactly like Nick. That would be awesome but i am loving santeen with Ali and James. they are doing a great job.

u know what i just pictured nick with that mustache lol

Nick isn't a DiMera, you imbisol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply