Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Another EJ spumor
Topic Started: Aug 21 2007, 11:07 PM (1,425 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

SNS just posted a "birdie spumor" that says that EJ IS being killed off - because James Scott wants out of acting and has even closed his website. I checked and his website is indeed disabled.

:o :huh: ;) :drunk: :shrug:

SNS
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Oh well.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I wish him well

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I guess "Oh well" is a deep subject, LMAO! :P

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Good for him. Hogan has surely jerked him around. Slap on hand Hogan. So I guess we get the teenie bopper Lucas. Disgust.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

That is funny because I was thinking that earlier tonight. didn't he say in an interview a few months back about acting not being his end goal or something to that affect. For some reason that popped in my mind that maybe he quit earlier than we thought.

I still don't believe EJ is dead though. Call me cynical, but I'll believe it when I can put the knife in EJ myself and know that he is dead. Same way with Stefano.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

^I agree Steve, I'm sure he'll rise from the dead in a few months, with a new face maybe. <_<

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That sucks. :(

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK I'm not an SNS member so can someone who is tell me if the person who posted the "birdie spumor" is someone legit. The Web site has been closed since the beginning of May. So it's not like that's a new development. And the other bit of getting out of acting was just what he said in that previous article. I hope that person is full of shit and just jumping to conclusions. This really sucks if it's true.

There's supposed to be a fan event that James Scott is attending this weekend so we may know more after that.

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 21 2007, 11:53 PM
OK I'm not an SNS member so can someone who is tell me if the person who posted the "birdie spumor" is someone legit. The Web site has been closed since the beginning of May. So it's not like that's a new development. And the other bit of getting out of acting was just what he said in that previous article. I hope that person is full of shit and just jumping to conclusions. This really sucks if it's true.

There's supposed to be a fan event that James Scott is attending this weekend so we may know more after that.

I agree. I was going to post the same thing. The website has been closed since May. It was not about him wanting to leave acting. I find this rumor hard to believe though.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wendy (Weirdwend) is the one that posted it. Her source has been right on a lot.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

The birdie spumor was posted by the SNS owner.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Aug 22 2007, 12:14 AM
Wendy (Weirdwend) is the one that posted it. Her source has been right on a lot.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It also said John and Andre could likely die as well, which means Drake Hogestyn could actually be out as well.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Oh, don't get my hopes up!!!!!!!!! This would really make my day....my week....my YEAR if it's true!! I HATE EJ!!!!!!!! Please, please, PLEASE get him off my screen. This is the best news I've heard in a long time. :lol:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Found this on Days2:

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure about EJ or Andre getting killed but John will be killed off. I have a reliable set side source that emailed me last night and said that they fired Drake Hogestyn.

My source didn't say when John gets killed but as soon as I hear I will let everyone know.

http://groups.msn.com/DaysOfOurLives2/spoi..._Message=262161

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

The writing has been on the wall for Drake all along. Hogan has not wanted to write for him and it is apparent.

Corday out and out lied when he said he was going to put the big 4 back in the forefront. He didn't change anything. The same people he featured the first of the year are still at the forefront. Nothing changed as usual with Corday.

He lessened Steve and Kayla for awhile but most of that was due to Kayla being off.

Who got storylines after the big plan:

EJ, Sami, Lucas
Jeremy, Nick, Chelsea, Stephanie, & Jett
now Steve & Kayla
Philip, Belle, Shawn are on the edge of another story starting with Philip's baby and Belle's inability to choose

Who still doesn't have a story:

Bo & Hope - all they do is investigate a story that doesn't affect them

John & Marlena - still nothing to do.

If you ask me both Corday and HOgan are full of shit.

But it doesn't surprise me at all about John getting killed. I knew it all along.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

By the way, Wendy at SNS said that the source that posted the info at Days2 (that I posted above) that says Drake was fired IS reliable.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

EJ would have to be recast at this point, imho. He's all Sami and Lucas have, and the show's banked way too much on Sami to leave her isolated in her age group again. So any death is gonna be fake.

As far as Drake: bye. Shame they didn't follow through and kill your character at the beginning of the storyline to set a nice, dark tone.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Aug 22 2007, 07:52 PM
EJ would have to be recast at this point, imho. He's all Sami and Lucas have, and the show's banked way too much on Sami to leave her isolated in her age group again. So any death is gonna be fake.

As far as Drake: bye. Shame they didn't follow through and kill your character at the beginning of the storyline to set a nice, dark tone.

God, I love you px. :lol: . If it weren't for you here...well, I don't know.

EJ isn't going anywhere unless they have something else in mind for LUMi. I love JS and think it would be a mistake if he was fired. If he quits, then fine but I do think they may have to find someone to play the role IMO.

As for Drake, if that's true, I will invite all my Days friends over for a party. This is needed. I know there are Drake supported and I respect their view but this man's acting has been going downhill for years and is now just trash, just like his attitude. The show does not need someone who is not willing to be a team player on board. Just like I said about Missy Reeves two years ago when she started phoning it in, an actor's job is to play the content they are given. Period. I don't care if you have been treated unfairly or if you are a 21 year vet. Set an example for others and do your job. I know J&M have nothing to do but that is besides the point. Drake's job is to give it his all. I know he isn't the best and his skills have diminished but what he is doing now is not good enough. It lacks energy and is actually appalling. It's sad, really. I used to love him and admire his dedication, loyalty, and how giving he was to fans and castmembers. Now, I can't stand him.

I wish they had killed him off sooner but killing him off, while it will cause backlash, is something that will spark loads of story and will leave a lasting impact, regardless of his being backburnered for months or not. He is a HUGE character and I hope his death is memorable and well-done.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply