Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Another EJ spumor
Topic Started: Aug 21 2007, 11:07 PM (1,384 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Well Days just cut off it's left arm.

Three more limbs to go until the show is dead!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I prefer to think of it as cutting off the eyebrow to spite the face.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

When the news is made official, could someone PM me if I'm not around?

That way I can break open the bubbly and pass it around, especially if some other things I heard happen. :lol:

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

yea, is this true drake is leaving, thank god the worst actor in daytime is out of days. i hated his character and now his big ego is gone, i hope it is true

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

IMissAremid
Aug 22 2007, 08:33 PM

Your wit just gave me a great idea for a Save Drake fan campaign that would blow all the previous campaigns out of the water.

Usually people just send crap to the studio- shells for Shelle, whatever it was for Broe, sheets.

What if this time they shaved one or both eyebrow(s) off in protest?

"Dumping Drake Disfigures Days!" could be the rallying cry, and dozens of photos of eyebrow-less people could flood the studio. Maybe take out a billboard in the LA area, buy ad space in a magazine.

Or instead of just shaving they could draw on a radically arched eyebrow with a Sharpie or something.

That would be fun.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Clever, Px. I can't see it happening but it's clever.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

PhoenixRising05
Aug 22 2007, 08:16 PM
px780
Aug 22 2007, 07:52 PM
EJ would have to be recast at this point, imho.  He's all Sami and Lucas have, and the show's banked way too much on Sami to leave her isolated in her age group again.  So any death is gonna be fake. 

As far as Drake: bye.  Shame they didn't follow through and kill your character at the beginning of the storyline to set a nice, dark tone.

God, I love you px. :lol: . If it weren't for you here...well, I don't know.

EJ isn't going anywhere unless they have something else in mind for LUMi. I love JS and think it would be a mistake if he was fired. If he quits, then fine but I do think they may have to find someone to play the role IMO.

As for Drake, if that's true, I will invite all my Days friends over for a party. This is needed. I know there are Drake supported and I respect their view but this man's acting has been going downhill for years and is now just trash, just like his attitude. The show does not need someone who is not willing to be a team player on board. Just like I said about Missy Reeves two years ago when she started phoning it in, an actor's job is to play the content they are given. Period. I don't care if you have been treated unfairly or if you are a 21 year vet. Set an example for others and do your job. I know J&M have nothing to do but that is besides the point. Drake's job is to give it his all. I know he isn't the best and his skills have diminished but what he is doing now is not good enough. It lacks energy and is actually appalling. It's sad, really. I used to love him and admire his dedication, loyalty, and how giving he was to fans and castmembers. Now, I can't stand him.

I wish they had killed him off sooner but killing him off, while it will cause backlash, is something that will spark loads of story and will leave a lasting impact, regardless of his being backburnered for months or not. He is a HUGE character and I hope his death is memorable and well-done.

I'll come to the party. :P :lol:

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

IMissAremid
Aug 22 2007, 10:33 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

So, I guess all the rumours are true, and EJ will be dying. That's unfortunate, I really thought he was doing well on the show.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Aug 23 2007, 09:48 AM
So, I guess all the rumours are true, and EJ will be dying. That's unfortunate, I really thought he was doing well on the show.

Huh?

Sephora
Unregistered

Jinxed Soul
Aug 23 2007, 10:48 AM

No. He dies for a nanosecond but is brought back to life. This is a spumour not based in any form of recent reality and cites his website shutting down as the reason it will happen. His site closed for reasons but not because he's quitting Days. Let's just say that comment about psycho EJ/James fans isn't so far off because there are definitely some out there.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OK not to bump a topic that is pretty much a dead horse already, but I have been informed (second hand) that James pretty much put to rest these EJ dies rumors at a fan event today and also learned he is going to be doing public appearances on behalf of the show into November so I pretty much think this Wendy rumor is total crap.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 25 2007, 09:41 PM
OK not to bump a topic that is pretty much a dead horse already, but I have been informed (second hand) that James pretty much put to rest these EJ dies rumors at a fan event today and also learned he is going to be doing public appearances on behalf of the show into November so I pretty much think this Wendy rumor is total crap.

Thanks for that, IMA.

I am glad to hear it's not true.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I don't get why Lumi has to depend on EJ. They never have before. I mean, is Hogan so incapable of writing the couple that he can't make a story without some rapist DiMera in the way?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

psychofan
Aug 26 2007, 08:40 AM
I don't get why Lumi has to depend on EJ. They never have before. I mean, is Hogan so incapable of writing the couple that he can't make a story without some rapist DiMera in the way?

Yes, Hogan IS so incapable of writing the couple. Because he either has no clue who either Sami or Lucas truly are or just doesn't care who they are and have been since they joined the show and is only interested in writing them the way he writes all triangles... a "reformed bad girl" having to choose between "the swinging dick" and the "the good guy." He took away Kate's balls so she is no longer a viable foil for Lumi.
He took away Sami's balls so she will never cease to put up with Lucas's crap or be a weepy and emotional doormat who worships him for some inexplicable reason.
He took away Lucas's pride and brain so he will put up with Sami always making excuses to hang out with the man she accused of rape.

So the two of them don't really fight any more and thus they pretty much just suck because their chemistry was ALWAYS best when they were fighting but not so much when they are teasing each other in a friendly way as it just comes across as that... friends... or even worse... brother and sister.

But as for Lumi never having to depend on EJ before? So what? They always needed some outside obstacle to matter. Whether it was Carrie and Austin or Kate or Brandon, they always needed something else. I don't see what is all THAT different with them needing EJ to stay on the frontburner.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 26 2007, 08:54 AM
psychofan
Aug 26 2007, 08:40 AM
I don't get why Lumi has to depend on EJ.  They never have before.  I mean, is Hogan so incapable of writing the couple that he can't make a story without some rapist DiMera in the way?

Yes, Hogan IS so incapable of writing the couple. Because he either has no clue who either Sami or Lucas truly are or just doesn't care who they are and have been since they joined the show and is only interested in writing them the way he writes all triangles... a "reformed bad girl" having to choose between "the swinging dick" and the "the good guy." He took away Kate's balls so she is no longer a viable foil for Lumi.
He took away Sami's balls so she will never cease to put up with Lucas's crap or be a weepy and emotional doormat who worships him for some inexplicable reason.
He took away Lucas's pride and brain so he will put up with Sami always making excuses to hang out with the man she accused of rape.

So the two of them don't really fight any more and thus they pretty much just suck because their chemistry was ALWAYS best when they were fighting but not so much when they are teasing each other in a friendly way as it just comes across as that... friends... or even worse... brother and sister.

But as for Lumi never having to depend on EJ before? So what? They always needed some outside obstacle to matter. Whether it was Carrie and Austin or Kate or Brandon, they always needed something else. I don't see what is all THAT different with them needing EJ to stay on the frontburner.

Fantastic post - IA - Lumi has never been interesting enough on their own to generate much of anything storyline wise. In fact, their story has always revolved around Sami wanting something or someone else (usually Austin) and Lucas as supporting player to her. They are not equal characters IMO - and never have been. As a romantic pair? Certainly not frontburner material.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Aug 25 2007, 09:41 PM

Yeah, I just read this:

I was over at the soap board Forbidden Love that is a Ejami fan site and they said they spoke to James this weekend. He was at a charity event with Judi Evans, Stephan Nichols amoungst other people. And he said he is happy with the show and that he is not going anywhere. He said that Ed Scott first show will air on the 29th of this month. Also that if Days doesnt get renewed with NBC there were other networks that would like to pick up Days.

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/vi...=14865&start=50

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply