Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD Spoilers; *rest of previews added on page 2*
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 11:12 AM (3,042 Views)
Sephora
Unregistered

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 04:27 PM
there should only be 3 fanbases running the show:

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

EJ, Sami, Bo and Hope, Nick and Chelsea makes days.

Bope fan base already has dictated at least two storylines I'm aware of. Zach and Ciara being Bo's children.

Fan bases should be listened to to a point. That point being acknowledging that there is a fan base and that being the drawing line. You can't bow to a fan base just because they are the loudest. As is readily seen, fan bases can appear to be bigger than they are. When they do that if a show lets them run the show, the minority is actually served.

Thank heavens the Chick fan base is small. There's no fearing them.
Quote Post Goto Top

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 05:55 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

Bope fan base already has dictated at least two storylines I'm aware of. Zach and Ciara being Bo's children.

Fan bases should be listened to to a point. That point being acknowledging that there is a fan base and that being the drawing line. You can't bow to a fan base just because they are the loudest. As is readily seen, fan bases can appear to be bigger than they are. When they do that if a show lets them run the show, the minority is actually served.

but ejami fanbase is big and its bigger then lumi
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 07:03 PM
Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 05:55 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

Try reading what I wrote Terry. I said fan bases should only be listened to in regards to acknowledging they exist but not necessarily listen to the loudest. Yes, the EJami fan base is big and they shouldn't be ignored as if they don't exist but they shouldn't be catered to as if they are the only fan base out there either.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

From a purely business standpoint, I wonder if that is actually the case.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Fanbases can actually be detrimental to whomever they are supporting. Just ask the GH fans.

Sephora
Unregistered

OneBadKitty
Aug 23 2007, 07:13 PM
Fanbases can actually be detrimental to whomever they are supporting. Just ask the GH fans.

Or when they believe a magazine cover without reading the article and start stupid petitions that make them look foolish?

I do believe, at this point, the EJami fan base is bigger, but the LUMI fan base is louder.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Aug 23 2007, 06:13 PM

Amen Kitty.

Also ask the Michelle/Danny fanbase at GL. The couldn't be pleased so Danny & Michelle went bye bye out of town. They got back together and went off into the sunset happy.

Many times TPTB have no choice but to do that. I still believe that is what happened to Jack & Jennifer. I just don't think Corday felt he could risk a recast and risk putting Jack by hisself. The fanbase had been so vocal and with perfect right to be.

The same with the Jarlena fan base.

Right now I don't know which of the Ejami or Lumi fanbases are the biggest. They are both pretty big. I find it funny that all 3 characters are front and center all year long and have story but the bases are unhappy. It is definitely a war, and I don't know who is louder either. They both have some very loud vocalists within them. And they both have some very irrational fans and some very rational ones too.

They both are seeing their favorites, but it just isn't the story they want. LOL

But they can't complain about airtime.

I don't think I have ever fully belonged to one particular fanbase. I am a big Bope Fan, a big Doug/Julie fan, and a big Jarlena fan but I don't love any of them more than the other. I have a lot of couples on the show I like including Chick and Lumi but I am also a lover of Jate and of Victor/Caroline who are very much against their base couples. I was a big fan of Mickey & Maggie but when she got with Don boy was I torn because I liked her with both men. The same for Neil & Liz but when he turned to Marie - I was torn again.

I guess I have always been open to other couples if the writing is right.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I don't believe that the Ejami fanbase is bigger. Maybe at this board and a few others, but as many loyal and longtime Days fans there are, I find it hard to believe that so many fans would be sucked into the couple rather than one that people have been rooting for for all of these years.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I almost got sucked into Ejami - until the rape and the resulting debacle over whether or not it was rape. Add in all of EJ's actions and the fact that he was constantly threatening and/or manhandling Sami and you've got one turned off viewer.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I can't really say that I was ever an Ejami fan. I've always loved Lumi....until now, since Hogan insists on writing them horribly. Now, don't want any of them--- I just want the three to go away. Even though I've always been anti-EJami, I haven't always been anti-EJ. It wasn't until Hogan had him barging into everyone's home and threatening everyone and raping Sami that I started hating him.

Sephora
Unregistered

psychofan
Aug 23 2007, 08:15 PM
I don't believe that the Ejami fanbase is bigger. Maybe at this board and a few others, but as many loyal and longtime Days fans there are, I find it hard to believe that so many fans would be sucked into the couple rather than one that people have been rooting for for all of these years.

I'm a 40+ year viewer and I guess that's longtime ;) and I'm an EJami fan. I'm just going by averages of membership at the main EJami board and LUMI board and the fans that I know personally. IRL I don't know any LUMI fans any more but I know quite a few abused women who dropped LUMI the last time Lucas dumped Sami at the altar. I was never a LUMI fan. I was a Brami fan and would have preferred Sami with Tony over Lucas once Brandon left.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

psychofan
Aug 23 2007, 07:23 PM
I can't really say that I was ever an Ejami fan. I've always loved Lumi....until now, since Hogan insists on writing them horribly. Now, don't want any of them--- I just want the three to go away. Even though I've always been anti-EJami, I haven't always been anti-EJ. It wasn't until Hogan had him barging into everyone's home and threatening everyone and raping Sami that I started hating him.

That's EXACTLY how I feel about the entire Ejami, Lumi, & etc. situation.......

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

psychofan
Aug 23 2007, 07:15 PM
I don't believe that the Ejami fanbase is bigger.  Maybe at this board and a few others, but as many loyal and longtime Days fans there are, I find it hard to believe that so many fans would be sucked into the couple rather than one that people have been rooting for for all of these years.

Who are all of these people who were rooting for Lumi ALL THESE YEARS?!

All what years? Since they were teens rather than grown up adult characters? Back when Sami clearly had no interest in him because less than 5 minutes after Will was conceived she was already plotting on how to use the Lucas sex to break up Austin and Carrie? When Sami lied to Lucas about him being the father of Will so she could hang on to Austin? When Lucas allowed her to be framed for a murder he committed and kept that a secret from Sami for a long time to prevent Sami from getting custody of Will? When Sami wished death on him when he went to crash her Vegas wedding and when he was in a coma? Or when she made up child abuse allegations against Lucas? Or when Lucas kidnapped Will and drove drunk and almost killed him? Maybe when Lucas went along with Kate's scheme to follow the Will doll off the cliff? I'm not trying to be facetious here. I really want to know what you mean by ALL THESE YEARS. All five years or whatever it's been since Higley threw up all over the canvas? That really doesn't mean all that much IMO if that's the case.

I know I have been a SAMI FAN basically all the years I have been watching that she has been on (although I admit it was more of a love to hate thing at first before Carrie revealed herself to be a total whiny hypocrite), but was never a Lumi fan or a Lucas fan. The character was simply never strong enough for Sami and still isn't and I feel like the writers seem to have to water down Sami to make Lumi work which is really fucking annoying. While Saustin always was a dud, I liked her better with Tony (or Andre) and with Brandon than I did with Lucas. I have wanted Sami to be happy and even could have gone for her first two attempts to marry Lucas but when Lucas abandoned her at the Stan wedding, then married Carrie and made the big production out of how happy he was last summer while being a huge prick to Sami all the time at the same time that dashing man of mystery EJ came on to the scene as Mr. Romance I had no interest in Lumi whatsoever and it was all about EJami. And when Lucas and Sami were thrown together unbelievably and haphazardly right after Sheffer showed up that just made me loathe them even more. The fact that this boringass couple needed to be propped by the destruction of EJ's character just to give them a storyline and the fucked up logic behind Hogan Sheffer believing Sami needed to make an "ultimate sacrifice" to redeem herself so that St. Lucas could come off his pedestal to be with Sami and finally stand by her and believe in her for the first time ever ensured I will NEVER support Lucas and Sami together because the whole thing was just too damn insulting and ridiculous based on who and what BOTH Sami and Lucas have been in the past.

I don't claim to be a part of the majority of anything I just know that I do see more and more EJami fans everyday, that the EJami fan site I belong to and joined about a week after Sami tried to kill EJ and a week before Sami married Lucas has added 1,000 new members since then. I know that before EJami came along I was NEVER a shipper of any sort, never wrote any letters to the TPTB about any of the stories on the show, and lurked but never posted on soap boards but did finally decide to speak my mind because I felt and STILL FEEL that the propping of Lucas and Sami and trying to pretend like they are some frontburner-worthy new DOOL supercouple last fall-through-spring as well as changing EJ (and all three characters actually) to help them to this end was a HUGE mistake and is what is killing this show even as they seem to try to backtrack now.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

The fact that this boringass couple needed to be propped by the destruction of EJ's character just to give them a storyline and the fucked up logic behind Hogan Sheffer believing Sami needed to make an "ultimate sacrifice" to redeem herself so that St. Lucas could come off his pedestal to be with Sami and finally stand by her and believe in her for the first time ever ensured I will NEVER support Lucas and Sami together because the whole thing was just too damn insulting and ridiculous based on who and what BOTH Sami and Lucas have been in the past.

Okay, you definitely got us there. Great post!!

Sephora
Unregistered

:hail: :hail: :hail: IMissAremid!!! Awesome post and ICAM. You hit every nail on the head!!
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Aug 23 2007, 03:55 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 02:27 PM

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

There should be NO fanbases running the show.

AMEN!!

And here lies Days' biggest problem. Every soap has it but Days by far has it the worst. A HW will get condemned on his or her first day by these people. If I have to hear Sheri Anderson's name one more time, I will scream. I love her but that was a different era.

Memo to Corday, Ed Scott, Hogan Sheffer, and everyone involved at Days....

FUCK THE FANBASES!! IF YOU WANT RATINGS, GIVE THE AUDIENCE GOOD, COMPELLING DRAMA THAT IS ROOTED IN HISTORY AND THAT HAS A GOOD CAST BALANCE!!

Then again, who knows if that is enough. Days fans are never happy no matter what. Douglas Marland (may he RIP) could be writing the show and it would still be trashed by many.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Aremid, this is one of your posts that I completely agree with. The way the three (Sami, Lucas & EJ) are all being written now is completely out of character and it sucks.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ArizonaDaze
Aug 23 2007, 09:59 PM
Aremid, this is one of your posts that I completely agree with. The way the three (Sami, Lucas & EJ) are all being written now is completely out of character and it sucks.

Thanks ArizonaDaze. Reading over the post again I wondered if maybe I was a little too harsh because while at some of the more unruly sites I don't have much love for a lot of the Lumi partisans but I do like the posters like you and Rhiannon and psychofan and Steve, but honestly that post was just out of a lot of pentup frustration as I feel like all of us on this site for the most part know this triangle has been bad for Days whatever side we root for and all of us wish it could have unfolded somehow differently yet I'm not sure if Hogan Sheffer or Corday has any sort of pulse on that frustration.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

You were not too harsh Aremid. You summed it all up quite nicely actually!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 23 2007, 10:05 PM
ArizonaDaze
Aug 23 2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks ArizonaDaze. Reading over the post again I wondered if maybe I was a little too harsh because while at some of the more unruly sites I don't have much love for a lot of the Lumi partisans but I do like the posters like you and Rhiannon and psychofan and Steve, but honestly that post was just out of a lot of pentup frustration as I feel like all of us on this site for the most part know this triangle has been bad for Days whatever side we root for and all of us wish it could have unfolded somehow differently yet I'm not sure if Hogan Sheffer or Corday has any sort of pulse on that frustration.

I wish I could put my thoughts down as well written as you do - oh, I don't have too - you already did it for me! You weren't harsh, just truthful. You are right about the some of the other boards. I have lurked on some of them and wow, some of the posters are such "my couple only" fans that it is scary. Being a "whole show" viewer is much better on my blood pressure! I really appreciate it when we can post our agreements or disagreements in a friendly manner. (That is most of the time!) :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply