Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD Spoilers; *rest of previews added on page 2*
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 11:12 AM (2,931 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK this is kind of random... but does anyone else think it's weird that there seems to be NOTHING in the SOD about when Sami gives birth? You'd think that would be worthy of a fall spoiler, right?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Good catch...that is odd. Surely HS is not killing off twins. He wouldn't, would he?

Although the story was dynamite, killing off little Zack was wrenching. But many have observed it is odd to saddle Sami with three children at this early juncture. I have always thought perhaps HS does have a twist coming in regard to the twins. Maybe he's keeping that little tidbit close to the vest.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, I think the twins are goners, or at least one of them is. And I can't wait because, as I may have said before, that could revitalize Sami & Lucas as and individuals and maybe as a couple.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

If the paternity of the twins is accurate, then I firmly believe the twins will not live on. That would be logical given all the clues we're getting, with Sami putting her life in jeporardy time after time, and all the references people have made to that.

Otherwise, I see the paternity tests being inaccurate, and at least one the babies being EJ's.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I've feared for Sami's twins for awhile now. They are basically just a prop to show off Sami and Lucas as the fairytale HEA couple. When/if that starts to fall apart, the babies won't be needed. Now, if one belonged to EJ and we got a Brady/Dimera baby, there would be a purpose for the twins because it would be good drama. That's one reason I was so shocked when both babies ended up with Lucas's DNA; the writers missed some great story potential. But two Lumi babies--I don't see the point

IMO it's ridiculous to saddle a character like Sami with two babies anyway. She should be scheming and manipulating and raising hell, not raising children.

Disclaimer: Everything I said above relates to soap opera children. In real life, I love children and have two of my own. I am in no way advocating the harming or killing of children.
Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

DaysForLife, I completely understand what you mean.

But you know it is so sad that you felt you had to add the disclaimer. When did soaps get to be mirrors of real life? They never have as far as I know and I don't want them to be. If I want cold reality and morality teaching I can watch PBS. I want fun, excitement and romance.

Despite all the nonsense I see around the net, I still think one or both of Sami's twins being DiMeras would be great. And I guess the very reason why HS and Corday will choose the safe, mind-numbingly boring route.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Aug 25 2007, 06:59 PM
DaysForLife, I completely understand what you mean.

But you know it is so sad that you felt you had to add the disclaimer. When did soaps get to be mirrors of real life? They never have as far as I know and I don't want them to be. If I want cold reality and morality teaching I can watch PBS. I want fun, excitement and romance.

Despite all the nonsense I see around the net, I still think one or both of Sami's twins being DiMeras would be great. And I guess the very reason why HS and Corday will choose the safe, mind-numbingly boring route.

I thought the same thing Cindy.

It's sad some people have to be so critical and apply real-life moral standards to the fiction that disclaimers like that have to be made.

As for the twins not getting a mention... I didn't take that as they would die, I just wonder if that means we are going to stuck with pregnant Sami until Nov. sweeps. I hope not, but I wonder.

Jonatha

Days4Life
Aug 25 2007, 06:46 PM
I've feared for Sami's twins for awhile now. They are basically just a prop to show off Sami and Lucas as the fairytale HEA couple. When/if that starts to fall apart, the babies won't be needed. Now, if one belonged to EJ and we got a Brady/Dimera baby, there would be a purpose for the twins because it would be good drama. That's one reason I was so shocked when both babies ended up with Lucas's DNA; the writers missed some great story potential. But two Lumi babies--I don't see the point

IMO it's ridiculous to saddle a character like Sami with two babies anyway. She should be scheming and manipulating and raising hell, not raising children.

Disclaimer: Everything I said above relates to soap opera children. In real life, I love children and have two of my own. I am in no way advocating the harming or killing of children.

I love children too. :) I think Hogey went on record saying, "No more baby killings, no more incest." :huh:

If the twins are Lucas' and he does turn out to be a DiMera, what's the point? Sami and Lucas already have Will. It would have been better if EJ was the father; that would mesh with the story line much more than Lucas being the father and it would also tie in with the Colleen/Santo story. I'm starting to think this better be good. We have been told to expect many twists and turns. It better be good, and I mean really good.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 25 2007, 07:06 PM
Days4Life
Aug 25 2007, 06:46 PM
I've feared for Sami's twins for awhile now.  They are basically just a prop to show off Sami and Lucas as the fairytale HEA couple.  When/if that starts to fall apart, the babies won't be needed.  Now, if one belonged to EJ and we got a Brady/Dimera baby, there would be a purpose for the twins because it would be good drama.  That's one reason I was so shocked when both babies ended up with Lucas's DNA; the writers missed some great story potential.  But two Lumi babies--I don't see the point

IMO it's ridiculous to saddle a character like Sami with two babies anyway.  She should be scheming and manipulating and raising hell, not raising children. 

Disclaimer:  Everything I said above relates to soap opera children.  In real life, I love children and have two of my own.  I am in no way advocating the harming or killing of children.

I love children too. :) I think Hogey went on record saying, "No more baby killings, no more incest." :huh:

If the twins are Lucas' and he does turn out to be a DiMera, what's the point? Sami and Lucas already have Will. It would have been better if EJ was the father; that would mesh with the story line much more than Lucas being the father and it would also tie in with the Colleen/Santo story. I'm starting to think this better be good. We have been told to expect many twists and turns. It better be good, and I mean really good.

Well regardless of what happens to Sami's kids, Sheffer killed Willow's baby so he's two for two on that broken promise.

AND ITA that it's incredibly stupid to make the kids be Lucas's even if he winds up a DiMera because of Will's existence cheating us out of that Brady-DiMera baby drama in that circumstance. It's also dumb to give twins to Lucas and Sami because they don't need twins when they already have Will.

I only hope that at the very least they turn this thing around to it being one and one, perhaps revealed in a medical crisis where it comes out that EJ is the dad, so there can be at least SOME drama to this pregnancy. If not, than has there ever been a worse who's the daddy story in soap history than this one? A child potentially conceived in rape/bargain sex resulting in twins with a husband who knew the paternity MONTHS before the children were born? And what's up with neither EJ nor Stefano going after Celeste for telling EJ the kids were his or going after Nick Fallon to find out who blackmailed so they can make him pay? You'd think the DiMeras would want some revenge for that. Simply dreadful.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Quote:

Well regardless of what happens to Sami's kids, Sheffer killed Willow's baby so he's two for two on that broken promise.

I'd forgotten that! He's like a bad politician. Words can't express how much I detest Sheffer. :soapbox:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yeah, the Dimeras should be all up on Nick & Kate about the paternity test stuff.

I still think there's potential if the kids are both Lucas's and they live, especially if Sami is drawn to EJ. You can have a huge strain on their marriage- EJ, then babies. If the marriage collapses, you've got a custody battle of some kind, maybe, or at least the kids as something linking Sami to Lucas and keeping them "together" even if she's with EJ. And once they've served their purpose they can just fade to the background and wait to be SORAS-ed.

In other words, they'd be a decent tool in a Sami-Lucas-EJ triangle. Which is why I don't mind the idea of them dying. The show won't be around long enough to need them as adults, and I'm not into this particular triangle.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would love the Dimera's to go after Nick and Kate for the paternity stuff but I don't see it happening when they have bigger fish to fry.

I have a feeling that Sami will lose one of, if not both, the babies. Corday said that Andre will turn the tables and lives will change forever so I have a feeling the plan the Brady's have backfires and lives are in danger, one of them being Sami's. That may be where tragedy strikes.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Aug 25 2007, 09:54 AM
OK this is kind of random... but does anyone else think it's weird that there seems to be NOTHING in the SOD about when Sami gives birth? You'd think that would be worthy of a fall spoiler, right?

I was wondering that too! I figured she would have them in September. I don't think that both babies are going to survive and I still don't think that both of them are Lucas's.

dawn9476

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 07:03 PM
Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 05:55 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 04:27 PM
there should only be 3 fanbases running the show:

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

EJ, Sami, Bo and Hope, Nick and Chelsea makes days.

Bope fan base already has dictated at least two storylines I'm aware of. Zach and Ciara being Bo's children.

Fan bases should be listened to to a point. That point being acknowledging that there is a fan base and that being the drawing line. You can't bow to a fan base just because they are the loudest. As is readily seen, fan bases can appear to be bigger than they are. When they do that if a show lets them run the show, the minority is actually served.

Thank heavens the Chick fan base is small. There's no fearing them.

but ejami fanbase is big and its bigger then lumi

You know that how? Online presence? Us onliners are a very small minority of viewers.

dawn9476

Quote:

Also ask the Michelle/Danny fanbase at GL. The couldn't be pleased so Danny & Michelle went bye bye out of town. They got back together and went off into the sunset happy.

They sent death threats to Laura Wright when GL flirted with putting Danny and Cassie together.

dawn9476

Sephora
Aug 22 2007, 02:29 PM
Angie79
Aug 22 2007, 01:13 PM
Casting About/Grapevine:

Attention "Phloe" fans:  Insiders says that DAYS is working on getting Nadia Bjorlin (ex-Chloe) back for a story with Jay Kenneth Johnson's Phillip.  Bjorlin last appearded in 2005, when Chloe married Brady and Moved to Europe. A show spokesperson says. "No comment at this time."

Second Chances

Do you think they have that kind of money? She's doing movies now and it's hard to imagine her taking a step back. Her poster is all over my local Wal-Mart because her movie comes out on DVD this week.

Please soap gods, don't bring her back. Make her say no. Sorry, I was never a Chloe fan once she got cancer. She just got too whiney.

Considering that SOD gets some of the stuff for their grapevine section from online, I wouldn't be surprised if that is where they got this. Probably from some Phole fan who doesn't want Phillip near Belle.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I can't remember where right now, but I did hear that Chloe was returning. I didn't know it was to connect her with Phillip. I thought her and Brady lived a happy life whereever!

Sephora
Unregistered

dawn9476
Aug 26 2007, 01:34 AM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 07:03 PM
Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 05:55 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 04:27 PM
there should only be 3 fanbases running the show:

EJAMI, BOPE, CHICK

EJ, Sami, Bo and Hope, Nick and Chelsea makes days.

Bope fan base already has dictated at least two storylines I'm aware of. Zach and Ciara being Bo's children.

Fan bases should be listened to to a point. That point being acknowledging that there is a fan base and that being the drawing line. You can't bow to a fan base just because they are the loudest. As is readily seen, fan bases can appear to be bigger than they are. When they do that if a show lets them run the show, the minority is actually served.

Thank heavens the Chick fan base is small. There's no fearing them.

but ejami fanbase is big and its bigger then lumi

You know that how? Online presence? Us onliners are a very small minority of viewers.

I wouldn't listen to anything Terry says. He talks from the same area he sits on.
Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

What I read was that Days had approached Nadia about returning as Chloe for a story with Philip. I hope she says no and they drop that idea. Chloe is supposed to be happily married to her true love. Why mess that up with messing up an already messed up story.

Sephora
Unregistered

I just don't see her going back after doing movies. Why take that kind of step back in your career? From movies back to daytime? It's one thing to do a primetime soap back in their hey day, but to go from movies to soaps? Just doesn't make sense.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply