Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS DISCUSSION this week..; Random Talk for the Wk of the Uh..20th?!
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 05:42 PM (3,305 Views)
psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Even when Hogan tries to be campy, it just doesn't work. His writing is vile.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Thanks Days4life for reminding me about the little boy that plays Shawn Sr. He was so heartwrenching. Loved him. The love scenes were well-done and finally we saw raw emotion and the longing to be with each other. Good job by Ali and James.

Kitty, you may have heard some of the things I have about Drake. If so, then I think you are with me on why he has made limited appearances so far. I only wish some things would leak out because I think many would change their tune. Thaoo and Bryan were nowhere near as moody as Drake was. I didn't hear them make questionable comments on cast members. Thaoo does stroked his ego and Bryan simply was upset over the writing of his character. Bryan wasn't even harsh. He just makes tongue in cheek comments and always has.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Steve, I just keep getting this vision of Hogan trying to write good stories and having a squawking, protesting parrot named Corday sitting on his shoulder, constantly telling him to change this, change that, etc.

As for Hogan not wanting to write for Hogestyn, I heard a tidbit a while back that it's actually Hall he doesn't want to write for. True or not, the end result was the same: No John basically meant no Marlena and vice versa.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

OneBadKitty
Aug 22 2007, 09:16 PM
Steve, I just keep getting this vision of Hogan trying to write good stories and having a squawking, protesting parrot named Corday sitting on his shoulder, constantly telling him to change this, change that, etc.

As for Hogan not wanting to write for Hogestyn, I heard a tidbit a while back that it's actually Hall he doesn't want to write for. True or not, the end result was the same: No John basically meant no Marlena and vice versa.

It's ridiculous that he would not want to write for either one of them. They are BOTH frontburner material and have proved it for years and years.

I typically do get upset when actors complain about a writer...just because I think it's the writers job to write and it's the actor's job to act and the writer shouldn't comment on an actor's ability and the actor shouldn't comment on a writer's ability....but in the case of Thaoo, Bryan, and Drake...they can say all the garbage they want about Hogan because that man has grated on my last nerve.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty

Exactly. Corday has a track record of interference and being a liar. That is why I defend Hogan. Hogan has no reason to lie. His reputation is on the line and there is no way someone lies about that much. Hogan was keeping his promises all the way through January and then it all changed.

I heard the same about Hall but then I also heard that some things happened with Hogestyn and some cast members and Corday and co. found out and one thing led to another.

I have been hearing bad things about Drake for months from people I trust and what he said publicly is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty

Kitty, It is a hard toss up, but I don't trust either one of them as far as I can throw them. The show would be ten times better off without Hogan or Corday. If only they could be fired along with someone else who is rumored to be fired. It is funny that until all this mess came up people were happy at Days and you never heard of disension in the ranks.

There used to not be favorites when it came to who got stories on Days. Even under JER as bad as the writing was, he had stories taht featured everyone. And the recurring characters were even part of those stories. I hate what he did to a few at times, but they all got written for. It wasn't until Hogan came along that disension was even rumored at behind the sets at Days. Just another thing Hogan brought to Days. Even under Langan when the TEENS were getting all the airtime and stories you didn't hear about it.

But I'm done.

As far as the issue I am through. And this is not to you Kitty, but in regards to another issue. I obviously know NOTHING when it comes to things at Days so I will just shut up.

I said I wasn't going to let it happen this time but I have more important things to do. I will just discuss Days with myself. It is just not worth it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

You make some good points Steve and I understand.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I like Santeen, don't get me wrong, but I WAS PISSED at Santos today for pulling that "my heart beats only for you" CRAP. It was OBVIOUSLY a ploy, love or not, to get Colls into bed. It was SICK, it was demeaning and I, for one, am PISSED that it happened.

Luring an innocent girl and FORCING her to choose like that?!

I'm GLAD you died miserably, Santos.

SERVES YOU RIGHT, BITCH!!

Quote Post Goto Top

Jay
Member Avatar
Bye Bye Bitch

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 22 2007, 07:54 PM
DaysFanJean
Aug 22 2007, 07:51 PM
LOL, DOOL, I enjoyed your enthusiasm about the show today.  It's been a while since reading really happy posts about the show.  Glad I didn't watch it though.  Maybe in a few weeks, especially with happy posts, I'll check back in.

today show was good, the kiss with colleen and santo was hot even when they started making love omg that was so freaken hot.

You call that crap hot? :) Shes wearing freakin mommy clothes. Shes going to have to pull of his knickers, and he her, fucking stockings. All that looked like were 2 old people off the Titanic getting it on, not to mention the modified version of the titanic song playing while they were doing it.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Days4Life
Aug 22 2007, 09:53 PM
The Belle/Shawn/Philip stuff was much better today. Belle just came off so bitchy yesterday and I'll admit I was insulted on the Brady's behalf because of her reaction to living over the Pub! I'm also getting more convinced that Grandpa Shawn is on his way out; they are putting Shawn in position to run the Pub and he will even be living there. I think it's a big clue.

I have to agree. I'm confused about what is so awful about living at the pub! She loves Shawn, but she can't get rid of the luxarious life that Phillip has to offer. The pub is a great place, and family is always there. I would love for Shawn to run the pub, that way its still in the family, and is a nice income source for him. The garage doesn't seem to be working out.

Sephora
Unregistered

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 22 2007, 08:54 PM
DaysFanJean
Aug 22 2007, 07:51 PM
LOL, DOOL, I enjoyed your enthusiasm about the show today.  It's been a while since reading really happy posts about the show.  Glad I didn't watch it though.  Maybe in a few weeks, especially with happy posts, I'll check back in.

today show was good, the kiss with colleen and santo was hot even when they started making love omg that was so freaken hot.

What show did you watch? They didn't start to make love, they were kissing. And it was stupid the way the scene played out. Seriously, this storyline I had such hopes for is turning into a joke.
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 22 2007, 09:49 PM
OneBadKitty

Kitty, It is a hard toss up, but I don't trust either one of them as far as I can throw them. The show would be ten times better off without Hogan or Corday. If only they could be fired along with someone else who is rumored to be fired. It is funny that until all this mess came up people were happy at Days and you never heard of disension in the ranks.

There used to not be favorites when it came to who got stories on Days. Even under JER as bad as the writing was, he had stories taht featured everyone. And the recurring characters were even part of those stories. I hate what he did to a few at times, but they all got written for. It wasn't until Hogan came along that disension was even rumored at behind the sets at Days. Just another thing Hogan brought to Days. Even under Langan when the TEENS were getting all the airtime and stories you didn't hear about it.

But I'm done.

As far as the issue I am through. And this is not to you Kitty, but in regards to another issue. I obviously know NOTHING when it comes to things at Days so I will just shut up.

I said I wasn't going to let it happen this time but I have more important things to do. I will just discuss Days with myself. It is just not worth it.

SteveFrame, please don't go completely away! I don't always agree with your thoughts, but most times I do, but I aways appreciate your candor and opinion. It seems to me that the most disagreements you seem to get are regarding behind the scenes issues, not the actual show issues. Before I came to any of the boards I knew nothing of behind the scene stuff or writers. I have learned so much about all of that and it is mostly from you. Please stick around.

About the show. Not into Colleen and Santo. Just can't. Wanted to smack Belle when she was talking to Philip. Get over him. The actor playing young old man Brady is a find. Such a cute kid. The scenes with him and Colleen were the only part of the story that I enjoyed.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Today was amazing episode, just focused on brady vs dimera and colleen and santo. Today was very good and i loved it. I loved everything about it.

Colleen and santo scene was great, why does colleen have to fight her attraction to santo, she knows she wants him in bed and who cares what some silly vow, she should not worry about stupid god, i want a santo and colleen love scene. Great cliffhanger with colleen until the next time we see them, what will she do.

Stefano and EJ was really well done and acted, great job by joe and james. Joe mascolo deserves an emmy for that scene alone.

I loved the pub scene, omg Bo your nasty doing his belt buckle up lol. I am loving this, it seems like they are reading a novel and discussing it like in book clubs lol. Dee, Peter, Kristian, Bill and susan seems like they are enjoying it and getting into the letters, at least they make an effort to put into the letters, now drake he is a dummy just sitting there. I wish they will kill john off, Peter and kristian seem like they are having fun but they are heavly involved in this story not just the letters but the brady vs dimera. If drake puts an effort maybe he will be on more. I rather have marlena on more then john, at least we know that dee puts an effort in it and is a great actress.

Dr Rolf looked so funny with that mustache and everything, i really like rolf, i am glad they didnt kill him.

Sami/lucas/kate scenes were good, sami believing kate wow never thought i would see that. Great cliffhanger with kate. What will lucas and sami say.

TOMORROW LOOKS GREAT especially with Lexie and Stefano, Hope/nick/chelsea. Yea more nick and chelsea :)

Sephora
Unregistered

JERSoapsFan
Aug 23 2007, 03:14 AM
I like Santeen, don't get me wrong, but I WAS PISSED at Santos today for pulling that "my heart beats only for you" CRAP. It was OBVIOUSLY a ploy, love or not, to get Colls into bed. It was SICK, it was demeaning and I, for one, am PISSED that it happened.

That's how Hogan writes though. No respect for women. Of all the things Jeremy could have been smuggling, Hogan makes it women. The man has an 8 month pregnant woman having sex in a bathroom shower in a hospital. Every female character he's introduced is either a whore ~ literally ~ or a skank or made to appear to be a skank like Danielle who was brought on to appear as a woman cheating on her husband. He's reduced Kate back to being a whore for Stefano. And even a novice is made to come off as a tease or at least talked about as a tease by the men on the show. Hogan has no respect. And I mean for more than just women, he has no respect for the viewers either.

For all the things people find fault in with JER, he at least had more respect for his female characters than Hogan does.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

Gag more Nick and the kids. Fortunately it's Chelsea and Jett, not Chelsea and Nick tomorrow.

Today Santeen continued it's downward spiral into stupidity. That nun pounding on the door. What if Stefano was in the room sleeping? No consideration yelling and screaming. And Colleen screaming when she saw the scarf. Stupid stupid stupid. The spiralling decent into lameness is pissing me off. Such potential flushed down the toilet.

The final shot of Kate was terribly unflattering for Lauren. I felt bad for her and if I were her I'd be pretty unhappy about that shot.

Just another ep where there's no need to actually watch closely. Having it on in the other room was enough, once again.
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Thanks Arizona.

I agree that kid is a find. It is hard to find kids that can actually act but he is very good.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 01:27 PM
Gag more Nick and the kids. Fortunately it's Chelsea and Jett, not Chelsea and Nick tomorrow.

Today Santeen continued it's downward spiral into stupidity. That nun pounding on the door. What if Stefano was in the room sleeping? No consideration yelling and screaming. And Colleen screaming when she saw the scarf. Stupid stupid stupid. The spiralling decent into lameness is pissing me off. Such potential flushed down the toilet.

The final shot of Kate was terribly unflattering for Lauren. I felt bad for her and if I were her I'd be pretty unhappy about that shot.

Just another ep where there's no need to actually watch closely. Having it on in the other room was enough, once again.

thats your opinion but today was awesome.

Sephora
Unregistered

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 02:50 PM
thats your opinion but today was awesome.

And that is your OPINION. If this truly is a thread about THE SHOW, not about Terry gushing, then I am entitled to disagree that the show was "awesome."
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 02:27 PM

I agree. I was actually waiting for the episode to end about half way through. I just watched it for the sake of not having watched it for a long time. There was nothing extraordinary, at all.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 01:22 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 23 2007, 03:14 AM

That's how Hogan writes though. No respect for women. Of all the things Jeremy could have been smuggling, Hogan makes it women. The man has an 8 month pregnant woman having sex in a bathroom shower in a hospital. Every female character he's introduced is either a whore ~ literally ~ or a skank or made to appear to be a skank like Danielle who was brought on to appear as a woman cheating on her husband. He's reduced Kate back to being a whore for Stefano. And even a novice is made to come off as a tease or at least talked about as a tease by the men on the show. Hogan has no respect. And I mean for more than just women, he has no respect for the viewers either.

For all the things people find fault in with JER, he at least had more respect for his female characters than Hogan does.

Agreed. 100 percent. All of it.

Now for my turn: Come back home, JER! You'll only be writing nine shows a week this time. :)

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply