Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS DISCUSSION this week..; Random Talk for the Wk of the Uh..20th?!
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 05:42 PM (3,353 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 01:22 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 23 2007, 03:14 AM
I like Santeen, don't get me wrong, but I WAS PISSED at Santos today for pulling that "my heart beats only for you" CRAP. It was OBVIOUSLY a ploy, love or not, to get Colls into bed. It was SICK, it was demeaning and I, for one, am PISSED that it happened.

Luring an innocent girl and FORCING her to choose like that?!

I'm GLAD you died miserably, Santos.

SERVES YOU RIGHT, BITCH!!

That's how Hogan writes though. No respect for women. Of all the things Jeremy could have been smuggling, Hogan makes it women. The man has an 8 month pregnant woman having sex in a bathroom shower in a hospital. Every female character he's introduced is either a whore ~ literally ~ or a skank or made to appear to be a skank like Danielle who was brought on to appear as a woman cheating on her husband. He's reduced Kate back to being a whore for Stefano. And even a novice is made to come off as a tease or at least talked about as a tease by the men on the show. Hogan has no respect. And I mean for more than just women, he has no respect for the viewers either.

For all the things people find fault in with JER, he at least had more respect for his female characters than Hogan does.

ITA Seph.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Jinxed Soul
Aug 23 2007, 01:59 PM
Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 02:27 PM
Just another ep where there's no need to actually watch closely.  Having it on in the other room was enough, once again.

I agree. I was actually waiting for the episode to end about half way through. I just watched it for the sake of not having watched it for a long time. There was nothing extraordinary, at all.

i almost didnt watch today but i am glad i did, today was awesome. i am too attached to Bioshock for xbox 360, i just got the game and it is awesome, lots of blood and guts, the weopons are good, the story is intruging and everything. i had to force myself away from my xbox 360, i am a huge fan of days. TODAY WAS AWESOME

but tomorrow, GO LEXIE.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 23 2007, 02:42 PM
Jinxed Soul
Aug 23 2007, 01:59 PM
Sephora
Aug 23 2007, 02:27 PM
Just another ep where there's no need to actually watch closely.  Having it on in the other room was enough, once again.

I agree. I was actually waiting for the episode to end about half way through. I just watched it for the sake of not having watched it for a long time. There was nothing extraordinary, at all.

i almost didnt watch today but i am glad i did, today was awesome. i am too attached to Bioshock for xbox 360, i just got the game and it is awesome, lots of blood and guts, the weopons are good, the story is intruging and everything. i had to force myself away from my xbox 360, i am a huge fan of days. TODAY WAS AWESOME

but tomorrow, GO LEXIE.

I'm sure Days appreciates you making that sacrifice so today's epi can be a 2.0 instead of a 1.9, Terry. LOL.

Actually, in all seriousness, I enjoyed today's epi. As ridiculous as Santo's mustache and Colleen's wig are as is the storyline convoluted, for me the chemistry between James Scott and Ali Sweeney just trumps it all. If only they could have a truly great romantic storyline that doesn't have all this baggage of a married man and a nun or a rape accusation to showcase that chemistry without any ick factor whatsoever for viewers and that doesn't have to be at the expense of sidelining Bo and Hope and John and Marlena and Doug and Julie as a Salem reading circle then it would all be so much better. Because I know while *I* like it, I hate that I don't get to see Bope and Jarlena in action TOO and I think it just sours a lot of Bope and Jarlena fans unnecessarily on Santeen because they (rightly) have a beef with the propping aspect. Just like I don't like EJ being used as a prop to make Lumi look better I don't like the supercouples propping Santeen. But I digress. I'll leave more venting to the people who truly hate it.

I enjoyed the EJ and Stefano scenes quite a bit and getting more of EJ's history in this epi, however once again they throw out this EJ history at us and it doesn't really match up with what we've been told so far. Pick an EJ mythology and STICK TO IT Dool writers. I don't care what it is, I just want it to sort of match up with things we had in the past. Now EJ spent his summers in SanWhatever with Stefano? Was that while he was being cared for by a British nanny and before he lost all contact with his family or when he was growing up in Maison Blanche with private tutors or attending boarding school in England? And now he loves Stefano again why? He seemed pretty much done with Stefano and all the trappings of being a DiMera in that talk he had with Tony last week and now his loyalty seemed switched back to Stefano and I feel like I missed an episode or a scene where something happened to cause that shift and explain why he so quickly forgave Stefano for slapping him. I mean I know Stefano is suddenly near death and that's got to be a shock for EJ, but there was just something off about all of this.

Yay for Tony getting glee at Stefano's death and him being back to not Stefano's blood son... HOWEVER... that makes it clear that their SWs and show editors don't really know their DiMera history because they let a line get through some weeks back where Roman talked about Tony and EJ sharing the same DNA.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I was shocked at the mention that Tony isn't a Dimera by blood. I thought the writers were ignoring that bit of history.

I liked today's episode. Although Aremid's right and they keep changing EJ's history, I still enjoyed the scene with EJ and Stefano. There was some good dialogue, good acting, and EJ's change of heart concerning his father doesn't bother me too much because he believes Stefano is dying. For all he knows, that could have been his very last conversation with his father. And I believe throughout the last several months, a lot of EJ's actions can be attributed to his conflicted feelings about Stefano. It's a very complicated relationship, made even more complicated because the writers have spent the summer playing their favorite game--personality pingpong.

I don't know why the reading circle ladies keep referring to Colleen as a pure, innocent girl. She's lying, she's tried to convince her little brother to lie, Santo has given her opportunities to walk away and yet she keeps making the same decision--to be with him. Yes, he is older and more worldly, but it doesn't seem that he's having to exert a lot of pressure on her--she seems pretty willing.

I liked Kate getting the phone call and Stefano asking her for the favor, just as Sami said he would. It's nice to see Kate being backed into a corner for once.
Quote Post Goto Top

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Days4Life
Aug 23 2007, 03:30 PM
I was shocked at the mention that Tony isn't a Dimera by blood. I thought the writers were ignoring that bit of history.

I liked today's episode. Although Aremid's right and they keep changing EJ's history, I still enjoyed the scene with EJ and Stefano. There was some good dialogue, good acting, and EJ's change of heart concerning his father doesn't bother me too much because he believes Stefano is dying. For all he knows, that could have been his very last conversation with his father. And I believe throughout the last several months, a lot of EJ's actions can be attributed to his conflicted feelings about Stefano. It's a very complicated relationship, made even more complicated because the writers have spent the summer playing their favorite game--personality pingpong.

I don't know why the reading circle ladies keep referring to Colleen as a pure, innocent girl. She's lying, she's tried to convince her little brother to lie, Santo has given her opportunities to walk away and yet she keeps making the same decision--to be with him. Yes, he is older and more worldly, but it doesn't seem that he's having to exert a lot of pressure on her--she seems pretty willing.

I liked Kate getting the phone call and Stefano asking her for the favor, just as Sami said he would. It's nice to see Kate being backed into a corner for once.

because colleen hasnt had sex yet, so she is still pure.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I guess the thing that bothers me about how EJ is being written is that there doesn't seem to be a single part of him that RESENTS Stefano for creating this feud in the first place when just about the only reason EJ doesn't have Sami now is that EJ had to do all these things at Stefano's behest that caused Sami to mistrust him and be afraid of him because he's a DiMera. He's a smart guy. You'd think he'd put two and two together and realize that and I hope at some point the show can address that irony that Santo's creating the feud out of anger for losing Colleen is what is preventing his lookalike from having the love of Colleen's lookalike all these years later.

King
Member Avatar

These flashbacks are unbearabbbbbble.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I agree..I like Ali and James, but i'm not feeling this Colleen and Santo saga at all..I just hope it gets wrapped up soon..Maybe finding out how Colleen is killed will make it more interesting..Because the courting scenes have been boring and they are too drawn out..

The show was okay..nothing special..At least the Coleen/Santo stuff ended with a little bit of a cliffhanger..I'm still watching Days, but not really feeling the excitement i normally have while i watch an episode..NOw i just watch out of habit..

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I missed today's show, it doesn't seem like I missed anything special......

Aremid I LOVE your avatar....... :)

bellcurve
Unregistered

OK, I didn't think this warranted a new post, but answer me this...

I've seen "Touch The Sky" in reference to the storyline involving the teens. A friend of mine told me last night that Touch The Sky is an airline that Jett, Jeremy, and Max co-own that takes people from Salem to Vegas and that Chelsea and Stephanie are flight attendants on the airline.

I don't keep up with DAYS anymore, but is this true?! Are they for real?! Please tell me this storyline has a semblance of an interesting plot.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

bellcurve
Aug 23 2007, 07:08 PM

I've seen "Touch The Sky" in reference to the storyline involving the teens. A friend of mine told me last night that Touch The Sky is an airline that Jett, Jeremy, and Max co-own that takes people from Salem to Vegas and that Chelsea and Stephanie are flight attendants on the airline.

I don't keep up with DAYS anymore, but is this true?! Are they for real?! Please tell me this storyline has a semblance of an interesting plot.

Yes this is an actual story and no, it is not interesting, LOL, at least not to me.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

OneBadKitty
Aug 23 2007, 07:12 PM
bellcurve
Aug 23 2007, 07:08 PM

Yes this is an actual story and no, it is not interesting, LOL, at least not to me.

...or for anyone but Terry. :lol:

Sephora
Unregistered

bellcurve
Aug 23 2007, 08:08 PM

Sadly it's true. Sadly the "teens" are actually young adults but portrayed so badly everyone refers to them as teens. A lot of people refer to the storyline as "Touch this Guy" because Chelsea and Stephanie are dressed as hookers and all the passengers are men. The worst part is that Jeremy is supposed to be Mike's son and he acts more like a street punk than a Horton.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Another travesty is that the last incarnation of Stephanie (Shayna Rose) was far more mature than the one we're watching now. She wouldn't have put up with Jeremy treating her like garbage and calling her "Sweetcheeks" for a single minute. In fact, I think she probably would've kicked his ass.

The main thing wrong with this story is that they seem to be "de-aging" and "de-maturing" the characters, if that makes sense.

Sephora
Unregistered

OneBadKitty
Aug 23 2007, 08:41 PM
Another travesty is that the last incarnation of Stephanie (Shayna Rose) was far more mature than the one we're watching now. She wouldn't have put up with Jeremy treating her like garbage and calling her "Sweetcheeks" for a single minute. In fact, I think she probably would've kicked his ass.

The main thing wrong with this story is that they seem to be "de-aging" and "de-maturing" the characters, if that makes sense.

Broken record alert ~ that's how Sheffer likes writing women. I think that's why Shayna was written off and this chick was hired. I'm really happy Ed Scott brought his casting director with him and I believe we'll see changes in choices such as these. I guess she's cute but she's written like such a slut and a weakling I can't stand her. And lets see, she gave up a career as a race car driver to be a (slutty) flight attendant and go back to college. Yeah, sure. That's believable.
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 23 2007, 06:42 PM
I missed today's show, it doesn't seem like I missed anything special......

Aremid I LOVE your avatar....... :)

Thanks. I was feeling super sentimental about Passions today so I think I'm going to stick with this at least until the end.

BTW I like yours too. Yay ponies. LOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Santeen has been good the past two days. Loved the nun interfering and Colleen's growing worry.

D&J, B&H and Marlena were nice and acted so cute. Dee looked adorable John...eh.

Loved that they reversed what JER did to Tony. He is not Stefano's son, just like it should be. Loved those scenes. EJ and Stefano getting alone makes sense. He is dying and everything gets put aside when tragedy hits.

Like seeing Kate involved and her and Sami being civil with each other was a highlight. Good ending with Kate/Stefano.

Things are getting progressively better IMO as the week reaches it's end.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I can't STAND hypocrites.

And make no mistake: that's JUST what that buttinsky, gossipy hypocrite BITCH Mother Superior or whateverthefuckhernameis is!

Sorry, nun, but you don't go ruin a girl's reputation in the name of the Lord.

There's a special, fiery pit in hell JUST for you.

--

God, I hate that nun. Poor Colleen!!! :(

--

Meanwhile, loving Santeen more than ever! It's the hair for Colleen... and James is incredible as Santeen? EJ who?!! Hahahha, yeah, right... there's a NEW hottie in town, Elvis. And his name is SANTO!!!! :wub:

--

What's up with all the betting between Bope? Is this the only thing they can do? Are they trying to establish it as a Bope "thing"?!! I don't know... it's getting a bit repetitive.

--

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Kami interactions today. Signs of genuine civility between Kami?!!! Say it isn't so! :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

JERSoapsFan
Aug 24 2007, 01:29 AM
I can't STAND hypocrites.

And make no mistake: that's JUST what that buttinsky, gossipy hypocrite BITCH Mother Superior or whateverthefuckhernameis is!

Sorry, nun, but you don't go ruin a girl's reputation in the name of the Lord.

There's a special, fiery pit in hell JUST for you.

--

God, I hate that nun. Poor Colleen!!! :(

--

Meanwhile, loving Santeen more than ever! It's the hair for Colleen... and James is incredible as Santeen? EJ who?!! Hahahha, yeah, right... there's a NEW hottie in town, Elvis. And his name is SANTO!!!! :wub:

--

What's up with all the betting between Bope? Is this the only thing they can do? Are they trying to establish it as a Bope "thing"?!! I don't know... it's getting a bit repetitive.

--

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Kami interactions today. Signs of genuine civility between Kami?!!! Say it isn't so! :wub:

Hahahahaha. JSF, have I told you lately how much I love you?

BTW, I may be alone in this, but after reading your rant about Sister Mary Cockblocker I have to ask if anyone else watching this week's episodes has a new opinion of Old Man Brady after this story.

I mean what a little whiny bitch trying to guilt trip his sister out of getting laid just cause he'd have to lie to some skeezy priest about it like it was any of his business. Such bullshit. Also obnoxious is the thought that this whole feud started because young Old Man Brady was too much of a pussy to lie to a priest about his sister getting some. Just like he's too much of a pussy to tell the truth to his family now about how Colleen died! DIE OMB DIE!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is getting ridiculous..Doolfan just keeps creating thread after thread..It makes me not want to post here..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply