Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS DISCUSSION this week..; Random Talk for the Wk of the Uh..20th?!
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 05:42 PM (3,297 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kevc1980
Aug 24 2007, 03:27 AM
This is getting ridiculous..Doolfan just keeps creating thread after thread..It makes me not want to post here..

No don't let this deter you. I'm pretty sure Terry got banned earlier tonight so don't let this get you down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 01:48 AM

Hahahahaha. JSF, have I told you lately how much I love you?

BTW, I may be alone in this, but after reading your rant about Sister Mary Cockblocker I have to ask if anyone else watching this week's episodes has a new opinion of Old Man Brady after this story.

I mean what a little whiny bitch trying to guilt trip his sister out of getting laid just cause he'd have to lie to some skeezy priest about it like it was any of his business. Such bullshit. Also obnoxious is the thought that this whole feud started because young Old Man Brady was too much of a pussy to lie to a priest about his sister getting some. Just like he's too much of a pussy to tell the truth to his family now about how Colleen died! DIE OMB DIE!

That's right, Aremid. The whole feud is because of that whiny little kid and his mistaken sense of integrity. And now he won't even 'fess up! For shame, Shawn Brady, for shame!

;) :D
Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 02:33 AM
Kevc1980
This is getting ridiculous..Doolfan just keeps creating thread after thread..It makes me not want to post here..

No don't let this deter you. I'm pretty sure Terry got banned earlier tonight so don't let this get you down.

Yeah, I'm getting kind of lost. There are so many DAYS threads that all start with Terry posting basically the same thing that I can't keep track. It's hard to keep a discussion going when you have to post in 10 different threads! It's like deja vous all over again!
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 03:48 AM
Hahahahaha. JSF, have I told you lately how much I love you?

BTW, I may be alone in this, but after reading your rant about Sister Mary Cockblocker I have to ask if anyone else watching this week's episodes has a new opinion of Old Man Brady after this story.

I mean what a little whiny bitch trying to guilt trip his sister out of getting laid just cause he'd have to lie to some skeezy priest about it like it was any of his business. Such bullshit. Also obnoxious is the thought that this whole feud started because young Old Man Brady was too much of a pussy to lie to a priest about his sister getting some. Just like he's too much of a pussy to tell the truth to his family now about how Colleen died! DIE OMB DIE!

I've felt that way since the first time he begged her not to go a long time ago. When I watch the clips on my computer screen I take great pleasure in flicking the kid on the head. I so can't stand him and what's worse, it's changing my opinion of Old Old Man Brady (if that makes sense). And that crap about confession. You don't have to say anything more than "I lied" to a priest. You don't to give him specifics. Yes, I'm really annoyed and have been with young OMB.
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Well, I plan on watching today since I watch every Friday even when it's not good (always have). Something tell me that if today's show is like it has been for the rest of the week, I'll be FFing through a lot.

Sephora
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 04:33 AM
Kevc1980

The only thing about Terry getting banned is the place sure does quiet down without his stories.
Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Overall to me it was an up and down week. I am bored senseless by Shelle and not even Philip can make them interesting. When MM and JKJ have scenes they are usually quite good, but add in BB and any sizzle just oozes down the drain. I like the guy but he is so monotone in his delivery and deadpan or unexpressive that I just zone out. JC was a laid back actor but he somehow was able to communicate his lust for Mimi and his love for Belle. I don't know, maybe it's just me but Shawn is the trouble w/Shelle. There was an actress, who has since been let go by AMC who had the same effect on me. She was pretty and should have hit all the right notes but she was anti-chemistry. She was so blah, I just couldn't watch her.

Touch My Thighs is just a suckhole of crap for me. I have zero interest in any of it. I particularly hate the Jett character and how this whole venture has impacted Chick. I do think with good writing Jeremy could be an interesting character. I'm not warming to this Stephanie but then the first one didn't click with me either. I feel Max is just thrown in this story because they don't know what to do w/him. So I just am not liking this sl at all. I ff most all of the scenes and hate Jett even on FF.

I did enjoy the letters this week. I love Doug/Julie, Bo/Hope and Jarlena wasn't bad either. Didn't enjoy John reading a letter but I appreciated Marlena not gasping all over every utterance of John.

Wonder of wonders, I didn't ff the Lucas scenes this week. He dialed it back and I could really watch and enjoy. I loved his line to Kate ..."You don't have a 401K. Kate-Who says I don't? Lucas-I says you don't". I laughed outloud at that. I think the scenes with Kate and Lumi were well done. I even think the EJ/Lumi scenes were well done. I loved Lucas poking at the scone, asking if it was poisoned, EJ saying yes his was but Sami's were okay to eat.

The Santeen scenes were a treat for me, but then I have enjoyed them. No the story has not been perfectly constructed, imo, but nevertheless I have enjoyed watching them. I do think they are sweet, cheesy and very soapy in nature. And despite all the nastiness about AS and JS doing the accents, I think both of them acquitted themselves very well. They took on a very difficult task and did a good job.

I loved Tony. I just am so pleased with this incarnation of Tony. He is charming, subtle, witty and quietly assessing all that goes on around him. Wish I could get some Tanna action, but oh well.

The Steffy scenes were very good yesterday. I was moved in spite of myself to see tears in his eyes when he spoke of his father and the waste that love had made of a very promising future.

In essence, too much Touch My Thighs and Shelle for me, but otherwise a pretty good week Story progression was good on the other fronts.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

pspcindy
Aug 24 2007, 12:14 PM
Overall to me it was an up and down week. I am bored senseless by Shelle and not even Philip can make them interesting. When MM and JKJ have scenes they are usually quite good, but add in BB and any sizzle just oozes down the drain. I like the guy but he is so monotone in his delivery and deadpan or unexpressive that I just zone out. JC was a laid back actor but he somehow was able to communicate his lust for Mimi and his love for Belle. I don't know, maybe it's just me but Shawn is the trouble w/Shelle. There was an actress, who has since been let go by AMC who had the same effect on me. She was pretty and should have hit all the right notes but she was anti-chemistry. She was so blah, I just couldn't watch her.

Touch My Thighs is just a suckhole of crap for me. I have zero interest in any of it. I particularly hate the Jett character and how this whole venture has impacted Chick. I do think with good writing Jeremy could be an interesting character. I'm not warming to this Stephanie but then the first one didn't click with me either. I feel Max is just thrown in this story because they don't know what to do w/him. So I just am not liking this sl at all. I ff most all of the scenes and hate Jett even on FF.

I did enjoy the letters this week. I love Doug/Julie, Bo/Hope and Jarlena wasn't bad either. Didn't enjoy John reading a letter but I appreciated Marlena not gasping all over every utterance of John.

Wonder of wonders, I didn't ff the Lucas scenes this week. He dialed it back and I could really watch and enjoy. I loved his line to Kate ..."You don't have a 401K. Kate-Who says I don't? Lucas-I says you don't". I laughed outloud at that. I think the scenes with Kate and Lumi were well done. I even think the EJ/Lumi scenes were well done. I loved Lucas poking at the scone, asking if it was poisoned, EJ saying yes his was but Sami's were okay to eat.

The Santeen scenes were a treat for me, but then I have enjoyed them. No the story has not been perfectly constructed, imo, but nevertheless I have enjoyed watching them. I do think they are sweet, cheesy and very soapy in nature. And despite all the nastiness about AS and JS doing the accents, I think both of them acquitted themselves very well. They took on a very difficult task and did a good job.

I loved Tony. I just am so pleased with this incarnation of Tony. He is charming, subtle, witty and quietly assessing all that goes on around him. Wish I could get some Tanna action, but oh well.

The Steffy scenes were very good yesterday. I was moved in spite of myself to see tears in his eyes when he spoke of his father and the waste that love had made of a very promising future.

In essence, too much Touch My Thighs and Shelle for me, but otherwise a pretty good week Story progression was good on the other fronts.

very well said. :hail:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I tuned in the last five minutes of today. So glad I did as I got to see my Steffie again and in his true form. Wonder if EJ's liver will be a match.

Days4Life
Unregistered

pspcindy
Aug 24 2007, 12:14 PM
Overall to me it was an up and down week.  I am bored senseless by Shelle and not even Philip can make them interesting.  When MM and JKJ have scenes they are usually quite good, but add in BB and any sizzle just oozes down the drain.  I like the guy but he is so monotone in his delivery and deadpan or unexpressive that I just zone out.  JC was a laid back actor but he somehow was able to communicate his lust for Mimi and his love for Belle.  I don't know, maybe it's just me but Shawn is the trouble w/Shelle.  There was an actress, who has since been let go by AMC who had the same effect on me.  She was pretty and should have hit all the right notes but she was anti-chemistry.  She was so blah, I just couldn't watch her.

Touch My Thighs is just a suckhole of crap for me.  I have zero interest in any of it.  I particularly hate the Jett character and how this whole venture has impacted Chick.  I do think with good writing Jeremy could be an interesting character.  I'm not warming to this Stephanie but then the first one didn't click with me either.  I feel Max is just thrown in this story because they don't know what to do w/him. So I just am not liking this sl at all.  I ff most all of the scenes and hate Jett even on FF.

I did enjoy the letters this week.  I love Doug/Julie, Bo/Hope and Jarlena wasn't bad either.  Didn't enjoy John reading a letter but I appreciated Marlena not gasping all over every utterance of John.

Wonder of wonders, I didn't ff the Lucas scenes this week.  He dialed it back and I could really watch and enjoy.  I loved his line to Kate ..."You don't have a 401K.  Kate-Who says I don't?  Lucas-I says you don't".  I laughed outloud at that.  I think the scenes with Kate and Lumi were well done.  I even think the EJ/Lumi scenes were well done.  I loved Lucas poking at the scone, asking if it was poisoned, EJ saying yes his was but Sami's were okay to eat.

The Santeen scenes were a treat for me, but then I have enjoyed them.  No the story has not been perfectly constructed, imo, but nevertheless I have enjoyed watching them.  I do think they are sweet, cheesy and very soapy in nature. And despite all the nastiness about AS and JS doing the accents, I think both of them acquitted themselves very well.  They took on a very difficult task and did a good job.

I loved Tony.  I just am so pleased with this incarnation of Tony.  He is charming, subtle, witty and quietly assessing all that goes on around him.  Wish I could get some Tanna action, but oh well.

The Steffy scenes were very good yesterday.  I was moved in spite of myself to see tears in his eyes when he spoke of his father and the waste that love had made of a very promising future.

In essence, too much Touch My Thighs and Shelle for me, but otherwise a pretty good week  Story progression was good on the other fronts.

I'm going to quote you again because you deserve it. Excellent post and a great summary of the week. I even agree with you about Lucas. Although he is not and never has been a favorite of mine, he had some good lines this week. I also laughed at the scone scene. When Lucas is written intelligently, I can tolerate him. Plus, I actually believe he and EJ have some decent chemistry--maybe instead of Lumi or Ejami we could have......EJus!
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I skipped today again. Sadly, I just can't seem to get into it anymore.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Jett is just using Chelsea. He knows she is very vulnerable and is such a mess. When jeremy was dissing chelsea in the previze, jett really did not defend her. I think he sees her as a easy lay. Now, it is not his fault he gets shot...nevermind he probably does something stupid, but he is going to use chelsea's "feelings" for his own gain.

Today's chick scenes may me happy and sad. Rachel and Blake were amazing. rachel went from bitchy and snotty, to really believing that letting nick was the best thing for him, even if it was hurt her. Hope is definitely someone I can see help chelsea see the light. Telling Nick to fight for what he loves was great.

This is just my opinion, but you can truly see who rachel enjoys working with the most. It's just so much easier for her and Blake. With Marcus, she's trying, but knows that he is not that strong. So she just acts just to get through the scene, you do not see the emotion like you see it with RM and BB. It does help that off screen their best friends and practice their lines with each other all the time.

Whoever shoots jett deserves the nobel prize.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Hey y'all, thanks for answering my questions!

"Touch the Sky" just sounds like a really bad Celine Dion song. I can't believe they have the young characters in such a contrieved storyline.

Give me Sami as a teen and her bag of tricks anyday over this. Or even Reilly's Chelsea(ducks).
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

Jinxed Soul
Aug 24 2007, 04:26 PM
I skipped today again. Sadly, I just can't seem to get into it anymore.

ITA ~ as much as I love EJami and have watched the day aheads my Canadian friend does, I still have the entire week DVR'd. I've watched reruns of ER over Days this week. Next week too.
Quote Post Goto Top

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Chelsea is turning into the drama queen she was before... Oh wait, we already covered how Sheffer likes to write women. <_<

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 03:33 AM
Kevc1980

That would make me very happy..I usually can tolerate most posters..But he is very irritating and just not a fit for this board...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

Kevc1980
Aug 24 2007, 06:28 PM
IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 03:33 AM
Kevc1980

That would make me very happy..I usually can tolerate most posters..But he is very irritating and just not a fit for this board...

He's not fit for any board. He's been banned more time than John's said "that's a fact."
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sephora
Aug 24 2007, 07:15 PM
He's been banned more time than John's said "that's a fact."

:lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

JERSoapsFan
Aug 24 2007, 01:29 AM
I can't STAND hypocrites.

And make no mistake: that's JUST what that buttinsky, gossipy hypocrite BITCH Mother Superior or whateverthefuckhernameis is!

Sorry, nun, but you don't go ruin a girl's reputation in the name of the Lord.

There's a special, fiery pit in hell JUST for you.

--

God, I hate that nun. Poor Colleen!!! :(

--

Meanwhile, loving Santeen more than ever! It's the hair for Colleen... and James is incredible as Santeen? EJ who?!! Hahahha, yeah, right... there's a NEW hottie in town, Elvis. And his name is SANTO!!!! :wub:

--

What's up with all the betting between Bope? Is this the only thing they can do? Are they trying to establish it as a Bope "thing"?!! I don't know... it's getting a bit repetitive.

--

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Kami interactions today. Signs of genuine civility between Kami?!!! Say it isn't so! :wub:

Aremid! My, my, my. I didn't see this til now, lol. So true about Shawn. I know some people think that kid was a good actor, and I agree, but the character is ANNOYING AS NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD. He couldn't tell THE TINIEST white lie that even God probably wouldn't care about, just so his sister could not be found (remember, he didn't know she'd get laid; he only knew she wanted to get lost; to explore other avenues of "happiness" that can't be found in a church or in the village; he doesn't know or at least get, that she means sex or heterosexual love).

So you're right. That little shit is the reason everything went to hell. We should ALL want to dance on Shawn's grave when that old fart finally kicks the bucket. I already hate him for what he did as a damn child. And THANKS for calling him a pussy. Because no other word adequately suits that little bitch.

Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...no one noticed the totally different feel to today's show? The execution was better, the scenes were well put together, the music was different in spots (especially in one of the Chelsea/Nick scenes) and the camera angles were different. For example, in one of Stefano's scenes, the camera panned around slowly from Lexie and Benji entering over to Stefano as he and EJ talked. Something similar happened with Sami/Lucas/Kate. I even noticed changes in Thursday's show as the look of the Santeen flashbacks had changed. They no longer looked any different then the normal scenes. The lighting was different.

The writing today was superb too. That Chelsea/Nick scene finally cleared the air as to the issues they have. Good, character-driven scenes. We got the same with Sami/Lucas/kate. Simple, nice scenes with LUMI and very good scenes with Lucas/Kate over the Stefano issue.

The Dimera stuff was superb. Tony's snide comments were a highlight, as was Lexie vs Stefano, which IMO explained very well why she and her father had no interacted. I know it had more to do with JR but it was needed to explain all that IMO. EJ talking about his father and his scenes with Stefano were great. JM showed so much humanity. Brilliance. Even the little Sami/EJ scene had something different to it. It had DIRECTION. Everything today was cohesive.

The ending with the fadeout, music, and classic Stefano laughing was amazing. Ed may not have been credited but I think he influenced today alot. Very, very good. I guess people must have just not watched, FFed alot, or maybe it's some other reason. I can't believe no one else commented on this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply