Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS DISCUSSION this week..; Random Talk for the Wk of the Uh..20th?!
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 05:42 PM (3,347 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

ilovemydays - that makes sense.

And Phoenix my last post said nothing about you being positive or anything. It was all about Drake. And it was not just that post but in another that you have said similar things that "you know". I am glad you have your sources and that is fine. But no one else does and it can't be proven. That is what I am going on.

As far as my sources for Hogan I can call them reliable too: SOD, SOW, TV Guide, etc. They are all places that Hogan has posted lies that he didn't live up too. But just because they are there doesn't make it so.

That is all I am saying. And go ahead call me a Mr. Know It All. I guess I could call you Mr. Victim because let me tell you if you are tired of the Mr. Know It All Posts - I am definitely damn tired of the Mr. Victim Posts.

The last I looked this was a Days thread - an open thread. We are both entitled to post our opinions. That means if you say you know why Drake isn't working then I have the right to post that I don't think you do. And ILoveMyDays had the right to post what she heard. And she makes a very valid argument.

And as far as Drake goes I will stand by what I believe from 20 years with him on the show and in the press until I am either proven wrong by a very reliable source and not just some rumor.

From my years of dealing with the Internet I have learned that even fans start rumors and post them on the Internet so it will have to be a reliable source before I even beleive that. Just take the rumors that started about what Mary Beth Evans said that resulted in Days fans turning against and calling her bitch and telling her to go back to ATWT. Or the rumors that resulted in people saying James Scott was gone just because his website was down. And so on.

I started to do this the other day but I didn't. Well Phoenix here you go. You can have the Days threads back. I can't believe that once again I am giving in. But it is not worth it. So don't worry you can come over here and discuss Days anytime you please. You won't see me again. It is the only way. Even the other day when we were supposed to be ignoring one another you still found a way through others to get the jabs in. So this is the for the best.

Have fun.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Awww, Steve, you can't let him get you down. I look forward to your thoughts and opinions-- especially on Days.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Yeah, I believe you, Tim. I know what's happening or happened and it is verified.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Well, I just watched Friday's episode....it wasn't awful like other episodes have been, but it wasn't spectacular.

If people are this happy over a lack of SFX, the show is in pretty sad shape. I mean, it shouldn't matter if there are effects or not-- if the show is good, the show is good.

The only part I really enjoyed was the DiMeras. I liked the ending with Stefano and I liked Lexie's part in the episode, but that about does it.

Also, inregards to the next time preview, I really hope that they keep the occasional quirk that I really enjoy-- if something huge happens in the next time preview, I love how we hear a SCREECH right as the last bolt of light flies up the screen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DaysFanJean
Aug 25 2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I believe you, Tim. I know what's happening or happened and it is verified.

Thanks Jean. I appreciate that. I simply didn't want to post it here.

Steve...I don't want you to stop posting in here. You and I just disagree on alot of things. I was just upset at your response to my initial post. So what if I claim to know things about Drake? I am entitled to say that and also to post what I know if I choose to, which I won't because it would be wrong to the people that told me this.

I don't want you or anyone else to stop posting and I don't know what jabs you are talking about. If I did do that, it was only because you made some subtle jabs yourself.

Why don't we just wipe the slate clean and forget about the past? Let's start anew right now. I will do my best to be better but I would like you to also recognize you do come off like a know it all at times, much like I come off as a Days fanboy. I don't think you mean it, just like I don't, but it happens that way. I don't expect you to change how you post , just like I won't. I just want us and everyone else to get along and to still respect each other at the end of the day. That's all. So, let's just leave all the bad out and start fresh?

Sound good? :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Steve, don't you dare let him or anyone else stop you from posting about anything. The majority of this board enjoys listening to your level-headed posts and you have a lot of good things to say. Don't stop posting.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I watched and really enjoyed the episode...Kudos to Rachel and Blake, i really felt their story came full circle today..As Hogan said in October in TvGuide, it is a tragic love story..

The dimera stuff was also great, loved Lexie taking a stand against stefano..

King
Member Avatar

No one should stop posting. Just ignore! ;)

People have taken personal digs at me here. I just ignore them now.

It's not worth me getting upset over it anymore. Ignorance really is bliss.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

King
Aug 25 2007, 02:03 AM
I noticed the pans, which rocked! They were very Y&R-esque.

I would say Ed Scott has officially arrived.

I just read on another site that James Scott said at a recent charity event that Ed Scott's first show will air on August 29th.

King
Member Avatar

Woohoo! Only two more days!

Mason
Member Avatar

Can't wait for Ed's work to officially start!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yep. Even though changes are already noticeable I think the Wednesday show will be the one that truly shows Ed's handiwork throughout, obviously.

I can't wait.

King
Member Avatar

I forgot to say it, but Rachel Melvin's acting really bothered me this week. Especially Friday. She was acting like a crazy, drugged up, looped out bratty teen addict. Or a drunk. I couldn't tell WHAT she was going for the first half of Friday's episode.

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually liked RM's acting on Friday, although Chelsea is seriously pissing me off lately.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Aug 27 2007, 11:35 AM
I forgot to say it, but Rachel Melvin's acting really bothered me this week. Especially Friday. She was acting like a crazy, drugged up, looped out bratty teen addict. Or a drunk. I couldn't tell WHAT she was going for the first half of Friday's episode.

I agree. She was chewing gum and it was very distracting on Friday. The second half of the episode she did very good. I wonder if she was told to do that or decided too. I think it was a bad choice.

Mason
Member Avatar

Well, I'll give you the chewing gum. I didn't much like that either.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I've been feeling very blah blah with DAYS lately, but I thought Friday's eppy was great. Finally some movement, action, and mystery. I just wish Sami and Lucas could separate, do they have to be in every scene together? I am mainly frustrated with DAYS because they have a good sized cast right now and only a select few are being used heavily. Use Deidre for Christ's sake, I dont give a flip about Drake.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Aug 27 2007, 04:46 PM
I've been feeling very blah blah with DAYS lately, but I thought Friday's eppy was great. Finally some movement, action, and mystery. I just wish Sami and Lucas could separate, do they have to be in every scene together? I am mainly frustrated with DAYS because they have a good sized cast right now and only a select few are being used heavily. Use Deidre for Christ's sake, I dont give a flip about Drake.

Good to see you, Kirk :)

I like LUMI but if they aren't going to write them how they should be written then maybe separation is the best thing, sadly. I don't know.

As for Marlena, they need to utilize her in this story. She is needed and I miss her.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply