Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:Shockwaves,EJ is Electrocuted; SOD article
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 07:16 PM (923 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sami and Lucas take Kate's place at her meeting with Andre this week, which leads to a disastrous end for EJ.

The trouble begins when Sami spies the in-disguise DiMera at the gym. "Lucas follows him to the steam room area, where Andre pulls a gun on Lucas, then pistol whips him and beats him up in drag," says BD. "So it's really really great for my character as far as masculinity." Andre locks Lucas in a car that he then surrounds with rabid dogs.

Back in the gym EJ and Sami search for Lucas. "Sami thinks that Lucas may be inside the sauna, so EJ says 'Don't worry, I'll see if he is inside,' as a true hero would," previews JS. "Andre turns up and grabs Samantha and threatens her. EJ comes out of the steam room, and Andre throws Samantha at EJ and they both fall back in. Andre manages to hold the door back and lock it shut. It's terribly troublesome for the two of them because they are now stuck in this place, which is getting hotter." What to do? "First thing you're gonna do is take your clothes off obviously."

A pregnant Sami isn't thrilled. "She tells him to turn around," says AS. "Then she says to him 'If you care about me, help me get out of here. Please don't let me die.' "So EJ looks for a way out. "He hears this hum and realizes that above all of the steam, there must be an air vent," explains Scott. "He thinks maybe he can shortcut the heating system, or squeeze out of the air vent, so he removes the underwire from Sami's bra, which sounds exciting, but she took her bra off in the previous show. He's playing around with it and then suddenly, he somehow manages to electorcute himself."

Sami panics. "She is like 'Oh my God! He is dead. He is not breathing!' And right at that moment Lucas (who has been saved by Bo and Roman) bangs on the door,"says Sweeney. "He asks her if she is ok. She says 'Yes I am fine, but EJ is dead. You have to hurry.' "She begins CPR. "When Lucas opens the door, his wife is basically kissing EJ,"notes Sweeney. "There is sort of a weird beat when it turns into a kiss. She pulls away and he is still unconcious, so she doesn't know if it really happened or if he did it and is pretending to be unconcious. Sami stops the CPR and Lucas picks up. The next time he is concious, Lucas's tongue is in his mouth,"cracks Scott. "It's all very interesting and I suppose he almost dies, but luckily he doesn't."

And despite the fact that Lucas saved EJ's life, "I think they will go back to generally disliking and distrusting one another,"offers Scott. As for Sami, "EJ really does like her. He has huge problems relating to people and kind of under his Daddy's spell. He is beginning to see the error of his ways and becoming a decent upstanding chap."

After the paramedics tend to EJ, "Sami and Lucas proceed to have probably the best scenes of the year,"declares Dattilo. "Lucas reluctantly confronts the problem of EJ, and Sami's like 'Why are you so upset?' And he says 'Because you want this guy and I can see it. He wants you and I am sick of it.' They're dynamite scenes. You have to tune in."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Thanks for the article!

About the content though: whatever. Surrounds the car with rabid dogs? Trapped naked together in a sauna? Electrocuted with a wire pulled out of a bra?

C'mon. This is way beyond absurd, particularly as I'm still not sure why any of them are doing this at this point in time, except for Indestructible Andre. And once again they're totally confusing action with impact.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Little too gimmicky for me. I hope it plays out better onscreen. The actual story content sounds good, especially the Lucas/Sami/EJ stuff, but what happens to get to that point sounds over the top. We'll see. August 29 is Ed's first episode so I am optimistic this will play out better then we all think.

Next week sounds very good overall, though.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

omg, sounds amazing. I cannot fucken wait. This is going to be so fun to watch, LOL dogs surrond the car lol, cant wait to see that. SOUNDS VERY EXCITING.

but come on the thing we are waiting for it october when steph and chelsea begins college.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Andre attacking Lucas, Sami, and Ej is getting ridiculous..How about him attacking John or Marlena for once? or Lexie again...spread the wealth...and the rabid dogs stuff is something JER would do...Does Hogan think that we want crap like this because JER gave it to us for so many years?

The only good sounding thing is the steam room stuff..just for shirtless James Scott...and hopefully the Lucas and Sami scenes are as good as Bryan D. says..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Aug 22 2007, 08:22 PM
Andre attacking Lucas, Sami, and Ej is getting ridiculous..How about him attacking John or Marlena for once? or Lexie again...spread the wealth...and the rabid dogs stuff is something JER would do...Does Hogan think that we want crap like this because JER gave it to us for so many years?

The only good sounding thing is the steam room stuff..just for shirtless James Scott...and hopefully the Lucas and Sami scenes are as good as Bryan D. says..

Well, people on this board and others said they wanted JER's style of writing back...

I think some have to be careful what they wish for :lol:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

but come on the thing we are waiting for it october when steph and chelsea begins college.

That's not a spoiler, it's a RUMOR. And I'm certainly not hoping it will happen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

OneBadKitty
Aug 22 2007, 08:48 PM
Quote:

That's not a spoiler, it's a RUMOR. And I'm certainly not hoping it will happen.

Actually, it's true. It's in the SOD Fall previews thread. :)

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 22 2007, 08:52 PM
OneBadKitty
Quote:

Oops, my bad!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Quote:

i for one am excited, so does it mean chelsea and stephanie are running the Sorority or are they joining.

The one is interesting to me is Jeremy on the run. But i am so excited for Salem University story, it should be good. THANK U Hogan i been dieing for a story at Salem U. I wonder if the rumor is true when hogan came on that there will be a mystery at the university, the only thing we have to do is wait and see.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

None of the fall previews sound really interesting. :unsure:

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

OneBadKitty
Aug 22 2007, 08:57 PM
None of the fall previews sound really interesting. :unsure:

I don't think so either. All this shows me is that Days will be just as awful in the fall as it was in the Summer.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

What's Lucas going to be locked in next a closet? :unsure:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 22 2007, 09:09 PM
What's Lucas going to be locked in next a closet? :unsure:

Don't give them any ideas, LOL! Could be a dungeon, or he could be sold to some sheik somewhere too, LMAO! :lol:

sungrey

PhoenixRising05
Aug 22 2007, 08:28 PM
Kevc1980
Aug 22 2007, 08:22 PM

Well, people on this board and others said they wanted JER's style of writing back...

I think some have to be careful what they wish for :lol:

You're not whistling Dixie. I don't trust NBC for one second, and if they could bring JER back they would.

Of course, if that happened I would be done with Days. :lol:

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

Oh, just the thought of NBC bringing JER back to Days makes my heart jump...and in a good way. lol. I know it's a huge turn-off to some people, but I truely believe that he learned his lesson last time. He knows what fans want...especially Days fans and he knows that he wasn't giving it to them for the most part in his last years.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

psychofan
Aug 22 2007, 11:11 PM
Oh, just the thought of NBC bringing JER back to Days makes my heart jump...and in a good way. lol. I know it's a huge turn-off to some people, but I truely believe that he learned his lesson last time. He knows what fans want...especially Days fans and he knows that he wasn't giving it to them for the most part in his last years.

I agree Tyler

hmmm I wonder if JER worked with Ed Scott at Y&R

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

So EJ gets trapped somewhere and electrocutes himself stupidly just like Lucas did? So basically they're just repeating the ice truck crap with this steam room sillyness?

I guess Hogan now thinks EJ and Sami are hot together while Lucas deserves to be left alone in the cold? Is that the message I'm supposed to be getting? I mean I know I think that, but I still want a better story than this.

Is it just me or does he do this reflecting shit ALL THE TIME and it's annoying. JUST MOVE THE FUCK ON and tell a story that doesn't have to echo all the other crap before.

Sephora
Unregistered

OneBadKitty
Aug 22 2007, 09:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
OneBadKitty
Quote:

Oops, my bad!

We can still hold out hope that Ed Scott took one look at that idea and tossed it in the trash and said NEXT! I know I'm hoping that all those ideas were on the books before Ed Scott joined and before all the reshoots started happening. :crosses fingers:

I don't know if we could get JER back as long as the Tony/Andre character is around. He was pretty open mouthed about his dislike for the character.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply