Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALL: Tapes; Watcha Got Stored Away?
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 09:37 PM (1,251 Views)
psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

The conversation in that thread in Soap History made me think....who here has tapes of some classic stories, or older episodes? What are some things that you've saved on VHS or DVD?

For me, being a psycho fan, I have 8 tapes of nothing but my favorite psychos and bitches. :lol: Sadly, I didn't start this until 2005. I wish I had started way before then, because I have hardly any Jan. <_<

But anyway, here's what I have....

AMC:
- A few moments from Janet's '06 return and just about all of her appearances in 2007.

ATWT:
- Basically all of the Cleo story....ending with Jade's exit

DAYS:
- Brady and Chloe's wedding....I realized I had it saved just a while ago. It was unintentional, but I'm glad I saved it just because it's JER's work. :lol:
- The 1995 episode that aired on SoapNET a while back
- Sami's Vegas wedding to Austin
- Marlena's 2004 funeral

GH:
- All Helena appearances from 2005-Jan 2007
- 2 Jennifer Bransford Carly episodes that aired when SoapNET showcased the emmy nominations for 2005.

OLTL:
- Any appearance that Margaret made from Sept 2005 until her death (June 2006)....includes Todd's execution, etc.

PSNS:
- Most of the Vendetta storyline-- mainly the Beth/Norma/Mrs. Wallace scenes
- Most of the Rebecca/Gwen and evil Sheridan stuff from this year
- Everything from last month onward

Y&R:
- A few 2005 Sheila episodes
- 1 Pheila episode

Sadly, as you can see, my collection is not very big. I'm dying to get the Salem Stalker on DVD or VHS....or pretty much ANY Jan appearance. :lol:

So, share your collections of tapes!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

My grandmother used to tape Days back in the early 80's while she worked so that, combined with my own collection from taping everyday, gives me nearly every Days episode since 1981. I have a whole storage room full of Days tapes and all 8 years of Passions so far. I have other soaps on tape too like BJ's death on GH and alot of Y&R 90's stuff. I have so much space dedicated to soaps :lol:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Oh my!

Let's see...

I have:

- PC: One Last Bite marathon and some of The Gift.

- Days: The shootout at Greta's coronation ball (the hell I went through trying to find that one before YouTube, LOL) and the fire at the Kirakis mansion.

-SB: The infamous C falling on Mary stuff and Eden in the shark tank.

GL: Oh wow... um, I have Reva and Josh's wedding at Cross Creek, Marah's kdnapping and Will accidently killing Rose and Rose's funeral, Phillip and Blake's wedding when Roger was unmasked (SO AWESOME!) and of course, the 70th anniversay show.

GH: I have when Kevin kidnapped Felicia and took her to Jasmine Island or wherever the hell that was, most of the Ryan Chamberlain story, some Ned and Lois when she was pregnant with Brook-Lyn, Luke and Laura fighting over Nikolas, Luke confronting his newly-discovered niece, Carly, about her affair with Tony and Dominique's death. I also have Lila's funeral and some of the Metro Court hostage crisis.

AMC: Tad and Dixie, when Tad was temporarily being played by Terrell Anthony and Tad and Brooke were trying to uncover some plot about a guy that used sub-standard building materials or some nonsense. He forced Tad and Brooke to drink sake to get them drunk, then made it look like they were killed in a fiery crash.

AW: Most of Kathleen's return.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

the only soap i have on tape is days of our lives. Its the only soap i tape and now sometime tivo it but not big fan of tivo.

i got every and i mean every episode since 1994. I am currently transfering them to blank dvds, i got 1994-1998 done. I will never let my days eppys out of my sight.

psychofan
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 22 2007, 09:43 PM
My grandmother used to tape Days back in the early 80's while she worked so that, combined with my own collection from taping everyday, gives me nearly every Days episode since 1981. I have a whole storage room full of Days tapes and all 8 years of Passions so far. I have other soaps on tape too like BJ's death on GH and alot of Y&R 90's stuff. I have so much space dedicated to soaps :lol:

Oh my goodness gracious, I'm jealous!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 22 2007, 09:43 PM
My grandmother used to tape Days back in the early 80's while she worked so  that, combined with my own collection from taping everyday, gives me nearly every Days episode since 1981.  I have a whole storage room full of Days tapes and all 8 years of Passions so far.  I have other soaps on tape too like BJ's death on GH and alot of Y&R 90's stuff.  I have so much space dedicated to soaps :lol:

thats cool but i got every episode since 1994 and its all mine. butn my MoM just has the entire storyline of the cruise of deception and that is not mine but dam i want that from her but she wont give me those tapes.

Well i got every episode since 1994 and its all mine and i am currently transfering them to dvds, i got 1994-1998 done. My pap had a room built on to our house for my days tapes and well its my days room, i got an entire wall decaded to days of our lives. I got posters and well my days tapes, the room is pretty big. I got them all in ABC order from sep 5, 1994 i believe to now.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

if i wanted to, i could watch the start of let say the serect room until now, that how organized i am with my days tapes, funny thing is that i am not organized in school but i am very organized with my days tapes/dvds

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

DOOL_Fan4ever
Aug 22 2007, 10:14 PM
funny thing is that i am not organized in school but i am very organized with my days tapes/dvds

Maybe that should tell you something...

psychofan
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2007, 10:15 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever
funny thing is that i am not organized in school but i am very organized with my days tapes/dvds

:lol: Learn how to prioritize, Terry.

DOOL_Fan4ever
Member Avatar
I am Secretly Gay!

Y&RWorldTurner
Aug 22 2007, 10:15 PM
DOOL_Fan4ever

like what, days is more important that zzzzzzzzzzz boring old School.

psychofan
Member Avatar

^ I'm threw arguing with you about that. I can't believe I'm in school so that I can teach people like you. :lol: ...of course odds are, there aren't many people out there that act like this.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Not including the Dark Shadows dvds I'm still collecting. I've got lots of various stuff from the 80's of both GH & OLTL on dvd recorded from my mother's tapes. Also got the first year & half of PSSNS, the tsnuami stuff, vendetta stuff & the last six months.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Forgot about Passions! Have a few single episodes:

-Bollywood
-Vendetta when Luis catches Beth during the masked ball.
-When Sam ate Siren's stew and was overcome with lust.
-Siren and Miguel's photo shoot with Alfredo.

Bella Principessa
Member Avatar
Oh, I didnt know we could customize this! LOL

In a couple of weeks I'll have the entire AMC Phantom Erica storyline. From the scene that started it and the Valentines Day (Night) crash, to the day her mask came off. One of my favorite Erica storylines.

Oooo and at that same point, I'll have every David and Erica scene from Feb. o 1999 to July of 2006.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Anyone ever find the tornado on AMC?

WTGH
Member Avatar
Bitch!

The last 2 years of ATWT. A few episodes are missing though...

AMC's 35th Anniversary episode. Phoebe. :(

GL: Edmund proposes to Cassie, from about 3 years ago. **swoon**

bellcurve
Unregistered

Let's See:

DAYS:
Sami Gets Caught(96, that episode with Carrie/Austin/Lucas/Sami/Kate/Lynn/Jamie)
-The underground Parisian Tunnel explodes, killing Rachel and Stefano.
-When Billie gets caught lying about Georgia.
-Bo and Hope Through the Years, SOAPnet marathon.

PASSIONS:
-First Week
-Three Pivotal Episodes From The Carnival

BEACH:
-First Episode
-A Lot of the Shockwave Earthquake.
-The Primetime Tidal Wave Edit.
-Some stuff from 1998(a really funny episode involving the Richardses going to dinner and a ruby necklace).
-Christmas '98(With Trey and Spike talking to each other)
-The episode where Meg shoves Maria down the stairs(New Years 98...that was a really good episode). And the following episode(that's where we see Sarah Buxton in the whipped cream bikini!)
-A month of "Who Killed Francesca Vargas."
-Benjy gets kidnapped.
-Meg/Annie's catfight from 99(both episodes).
-The last month.

PORT CHARLES
-85-90% of episodes from March 2000-December 2000.

GENERAL HOSPITAL
-Alison Barrington Crosses Over to Flirt with Juan
-Alison crosses over for the rave.
-Nurses Ball 2000(supplemental to PC)
-Kristina's funeral
-Carly and Robin face off.

SPYDER GAMES
-With the exception of three episodes, the entire run of the series.

THE CITY
Last three months.

BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
Key episodes from 2005...the entire week of Stephanie's faked heart-attack, Stephanie discovers Forrester Creations belongs to her.

GL:
Some ITL's

ATWT:
Jake and Molly find Michelle and Bridget(note: awwwww!)

AW:
Episode from 1996(Think its when Frankie starts to find out that Maggie Cory isn't Cass Winthrop's daughter...or he does...or something...who knows).

FASHION HOUSE:
70% of its run.

WICKED WICKED GAMES:
70-75% of its run.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm leaving out, but this is the bulk of it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ridge
Member Avatar

I have a few too.

All of Marlena's Posession on DAYS. All of Maison Blanche/Shadows of the Past on DAYS (barring one episode where Hope's face was first revealed)

Marlena's return in 1991 the whole week; Bo and Billie circa 1994; All of DAYS primetime specials

SSK reveal, Maggie's death, Sami's involvement.

AllMyShadows

I don't have a lot, unfortunately, but here goes.

All My Children
~ "Fan February" episode from February 2003.
~ Two and a half episodes from soon after Bianca's rape, August-September 2003.
~ Christmas 2003.
~ Christmas 2004.
~ The 35th Anniversary, January 2005.
~ Phoebe's Funeral, May 2005.
~ Christmas 2005.
~ Christmas 2006 (not the actual episode, but the next one...which was much better, IMO).

I might have two or three more episodes somewhere, but I can't think of them right now.

As the World Turns
~ The two 50th anniversary episodes from 2006. I plan on taping over the first one if I have to. The second one is a must-keep.

Guiding Light
~ 70th Anniversary episode, January 2007.

Days of our Lives
~ Christmas 2006. Will get taped over soon, I'm sure.

The Bold and the Beautiful
~ Christmas 2006.

Dark Shadows
~ Two and a half episodes of the parallel time storyline from 1970, featuring Angelique and Julia plotting to get Maggie kicked out of Collinwood. Taped from Sci-Fi in 2003.

Dallas
~ Episode #54 - "A House Divided" (3/21/1980). No one is friends with JR and, of course, someone shoots him. Taped from TVLand in 2005.

Knots Landing
~ Episode #1 - "Series Pilot" (12/27/1979). Val and Gary move to the cul-de-sac and become involved when Sid's daughter Annie raises hell. Taped from TVLand in 2005.

Falcon Crest
~ Episode #68 - "Ashes to Ashes" (5/18/1984). The family endures the aftermath of Julia's death and the tragedy at the springhouse. Julia's final request is that her family go to Italy to spread her ashes across Tuscany. Melissa schemes to get Cole all to herself. The plane to Italy crashes. Taped from TVLand in 2005.
~ Episode #69 - "Requiem" (9/28/1984). Philip, Michael, and Linda perish in the plane crash. Richard believes the crash was the work of the cartel. Angela meets British lawyer Greg Reardon, while Terry is less than grief-stricken about Michael's death. Taped from TVLand in 2005.

Sisters
~ Episode #49 - "Dear Georgie" (4/24/1993). Georgie becomes an advice columnist, unknowingly doling out bad advice to her own sisters. Alex and Frankie believe Truman is cheating on their mother, John thinks Teddy is interested in him, and Reed is upset about the time her father spends with her little brother. Taped from TVLand in 2005.

~~~

All of the daytime things are original airings, except for "Dark Shadows," of course. The primetime soaps were all taped in June 2005 when TVLand did a weekend-long marathon of shows distributed by Warner Bros.

OakdaleU
Unregistered

ATWT:

The Anniversary shows

Luke coming out storyline and Raven Lake finale

Luke and Noah story

I had so much of the early 80's but erased it...dumb me. :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply