Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALL: Tapes; Watcha Got Stored Away?
Topic Started: Aug 22 2007, 09:37 PM (1,309 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

bellcurve
Aug 23 2007, 11:47 AM

BEACH:
-A month of "Who Killed Francesca Vargas."

I'll take that

Maybe we would work something out? :sex:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

I still haven't put that entire month onto DVD and I need to!

I'll send you a PM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

When I was younger (like 13 or 14) I found an old ATWT tape that had aired about 4 or 5 years earlier. My mom had it stashed away. Had Connor in it and they were using the "Fashions" set.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I once stole a tape from someone else's house just because it had old Days episodes on it, LoL. I was staying at a female friend's house for the weekend and she wanted me to put a tape in the VCR and record something for her. Well, when I put the tape in the VCR, I pushed play and came upon Sami in her wheelchair, faking paralysis (1997). There was also a bunch of episodes leading up to the "Holy Matrimony" wedding during the Secret Room storyline with Kristen/Marlena. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!

I secretly took the tape with me when I left, LoL. Then, I lost it somehow when I moved. Someone probably stole it from me, LoL.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I try and collect regularly but I don't have much stuff so far. Well not as much as I'd like. Right now I've been waiting over a month for a very good trade and I'm hoping it makes it. The person I'm buying for hasn't responded in weeks. :(

Anyway, what I have stored away...

- ATWT 18 episodes from 1985 centering around Bob and Kim's wedding, plus Frannie (Julianne Moore) comes home and Lisa gets kidnapped!

- ATWT 2 episodes from 1989 with Meg and Josh's wedding and send off.

- First 44 episodes of Peyton Place

- Various episodes from the 50s of Search For Tomorrow, Valiant Lady, unaired General Hospital pilot (with Denise Alexander) and some Guiding Light.

- A week or two of the Search For Tomorrow flood in 1986

- Ryan's Hope St. Patrick's Day marathon

- Probably 15 weeks of Y&R from 1997/98. This is fabulous! It includes Malcolm/Olivia's wedding and honeymoon, Dru and Neil's breakup leading him to Victoria, Grace and Tony keeping Cassie from Sharon and the heartbreaking break up between Nina and Ryan. Also lots of fabulousness from Sandra Nelson aka the best Phyllis ever!!!!!

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

I have a GIGANTIC soap collection acquired from so many different sources (my late mom, myself, eBay, my roommate's moms, etc.) and here's pretty much everything.

All My Children:

-I have every single episode from 1989-mid 1999, plus the Gillian death/Heaven storyline, the Bianca coming out storyline, some BAM and Lianca stuff, the Maria returns storyline, Phoebe's funeral, the Fan February episodes, and the 30th and 35th Anniversary shows.

Another World:

-Some stuff from 1987/the beginning of SoapNet's run of the show, Mac Cory's funeral, some Marley/Vicky beginning stuff, and pretty much the entire final year or two of the show.

The City:

The entire run.

Days of Our Lives:

-Everything from 1991-2000 with the exception of a few episodes here and there, plus the entire SSK storyline & some stuff from right now.

Daytime Emmy Awards:

-Every ceremony from 1987-2007

General Hospital:

-Everything from late 1992-mid 2003 with some gaps (the most is probably three episodes), all the anniversary specials plus the 10,000th episode, the primetime specials, Luke & Laura's wedding, all of Laura's return, some delicious bits with Tracy, Lila's funeral, Robin's return, both Jennifer Bransford and Laura Wright's first few episodes, Reese's death, etc.

Guiding Light:

-All of 1990-1998 and 2000-mid 2003 and half of everything in between. I also have all of the Soap Classics repeats and some kinetoscope recordings of old episodes.

Loving:

-All of 1989-1995, the pilot TV movie, the first two weeks, and some stuff from in between.

One Life to Live:

-All of 1988-2006, the pilot episode from kinetoscope, the Soap Center episode about the 35th anniversary, the first Viki/Niki storyline, the Eterna storyline, and about 16 Christmas blooper tapes (I wish I could put them up for you, but I don't have the technology, but trust me, it's a hoot).

Port Charles:

The entire run plus the 2-hour TV movie & an E! special on the making of from the week after the debut.

Ryan's Hope:

As of last month, I officially have the entire run plus the Soap Center special celebrating the show.

Sunset Beach:

-The entire run plus the primetime special.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

B.C.2.0, you have an insanely good list! So lucky to have complete years of so many soaps for so many years!

I have a little question...

...is it true that there was a storyline on Loving where someone got addicted to cough syrup? Could you tell me who it was? I was reading that on Wikipedia and I just couldn't believe it. :P

Another thing, for Ryan's Hope are you talking about the 22 DVD set covering 82-89 or do you have full episodes for those years?

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

Yes, Loving did have a cough syrup addiction storyline, but IIRC it was during the mid-80's, possibly '86 and I don't have that on tape.

The Ryan's Hope from '82-'89 is not the DVDs, but my aunt's personal recordings.

Ridge
Member Avatar

BC2.0
Aug 29 2007, 03:25 PM
I have a GIGANTIC soap collection acquired from so many different sources (my late mom, myself, eBay, my roommate's moms, etc.) and here's pretty much everything.

All My Children:

-I have every single episode from 1989-mid 1999, plus the Gillian death/Heaven storyline, the Bianca coming out storyline, some BAM and Lianca stuff, the Maria returns storyline, Phoebe's funeral, the Fan February episodes, and the 30th and 35th Anniversary shows.

Another World:

-Some stuff from 1987/the beginning of SoapNet's run of the show, Mac Cory's funeral, some Marley/Vicky beginning stuff, and pretty much the entire final year or two of the show.

The City:

The entire run.

Days of Our Lives:

-Everything from 1991-2000 with the exception of a few episodes here and there, plus the entire SSK storyline & some stuff from right now.

Daytime Emmy Awards:

-Every ceremony from 1987-2007

General Hospital:

-Everything from late 1992-mid 2003 with some gaps (the most is probably three episodes), all the anniversary specials plus the 10,000th episode, the primetime specials, Luke & Laura's wedding, all of Laura's return, some delicious bits with Tracy, Lila's funeral, Robin's return, both Jennifer Bransford and Laura Wright's first few episodes, Reese's death, etc.

Guiding Light:

-All of 1990-1998 and 2000-mid 2003 and half of everything in between. I also have all of the Soap Classics repeats and some kinetoscope recordings of old episodes.

Loving:

-All of 1989-1995, the pilot TV movie, the first two weeks, and some stuff from in between.

One Life to Live:

-All of 1988-2006, the pilot episode from kinetoscope, the Soap Center episode about the 35th anniversary, the first Viki/Niki storyline, the Eterna storyline, and about 16 Christmas blooper tapes (I wish I could put them up for you, but I don't have the technology, but trust me, it's a hoot).

Port Charles:

The entire run plus the 2-hour TV movie & an E! special on the making of from the week after the debut.

Ryan's Hope:

As of last month, I officially have the entire run plus the Soap Center special celebrating the show.

Sunset Beach:

-The entire run plus the primetime special.

Wow I can't believe you have all of that 1988 to 2006 of OLTL. That means you have the entire run of Grace Phililps as Sarah (1990-1991)... are u interested in selling??

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply