Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days/Y&R Swap Places Again on SoapNet
Topic Started: Aug 23 2007, 03:34 PM (684 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

Y&R, DAYS Get Times Swapped Again

Posted Thursday, August 23, 2007 3:44:13 PM

Fans of The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives that rely on SOAPnet for their daily episode fix will need to adjust their viewing habits -- and their VCRs. The two soaps will begin airing at different times beginning next month.

Starting next month, The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives will swap time slots -- again. It will mark the second time in six months that the show's have changed their primetime airings. The move comes as a direct response to viewer feedback, much of which had been strongly against the previous change.

Beginning September 4th, The Young and the Restless will air its same-day repeats at 7:00pm. Days of our Lives will move to Y&R's old timeslot of 11:00pm. If you're a viewer that watches the rebroadcasts in the late-night or early morning hours, you will also have to make some changes to your viewing habits.

The Young and the Restless will air early morning at 6:00am and late-night at 12:00am. Days of our Lives will air at 10:00am but the NBC soap will no longer have a late-night rebroadcast.

In other missing episode new for DAYS fans, until the conclusion of Night Shift's 13-week cycle on October 4th, Days of our Lives fans will have to forgo the Thursday night airing of their show. The show will not air at 11:00pm on Thursdays.

Back in April, SOAPnet, the Disney-owned 24-hour soap opera cable channel, debuted a new spring lineup. Among the changes was the shuffling of Days of our Lives to the 7:00pm timeslot and The Young and the Restless moving to later in the evening at 11:00pm. A SOAPnet spokesperson explained that the scheduling change "provide[d] a better program flow."

Just a reminder to viewers: soapcentral.com is not affiliated in any way with SOAPnet and we are therefore unable to make any changes to the channel's schedule.

This supports my idea that Days ratings are not what they were on SoapCentral anymore. Days is constantly being moved around on the schedule. And now Y&R fans are demanding the time back and are getting it. Days will now be down to 4 shows a week and the weekend marathon which is later than all the rest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

This stinks! haha.

bellcurve
Unregistered

That sucks for DAYS fans, but no surprise. DAYS's households are dipping during the daytime and I can only imagine what they were on SOAPnet.

I also think it sucks that DAYS fans are getting screwed out of the Thursday airing of the show for NIGHTSHIFT and not getting that back. SOAPnet paid for it...why won't they show it?!
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

They are not going to give up Nightshift for an airing of anything. Nightshift is their highest rated program ever.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Motherfuckers.

That's all I have to say. :flipoff: SoapNet.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Fuck. That means I may have to start taping DAYS again if the show gets good. Fuck Fuck Fuck!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I liked it better when they aired Days @ 10 PM CT then Y&R @ 11 PM CT because I didn't have to miss the other things that I watch during the 6 PM CT time slot. It was also nice because the shows aired back to back at an hour when I'm usually awake..... :lol:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Fuck Y&R! That show's a piece of shit!

Gray Bunny
Member Avatar

The Thursday night thing... that's just dumb! Why not bump DAYS one hour back like they currently do with Y&R on Thursday nights? Why would they not air DAYS at night AT ALL and yet show Y&R twice? Dumb, dumb, dumb!!

They obviously are in it to sabotage DAYS. That just makes no sense at all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This has more to do with sabotaging Days then it having bad ratings IMO. They want it to have bad ratings by doing this.

It sucks but it doesn't affect the real ratings really. That is what I'm concerned with right now.

Sephora
Unregistered

IMissAremid
Aug 23 2007, 04:52 PM
Motherfuckers.

That's all I have to say. :flipoff: SoapNet.

Bummer!!! The only advantage is now I'm not doubling up my DVR recording the day ep and the night ep. This sucks for us eastcoasters. But then again, maybe I'll start watching Y&R. But no Thursdays. That's ridiculous as Thursday is usually Days best day.
Quote Post Goto Top

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I had read that SoapNet was reinstating the 7pm timeslot on Sunday for the weekly marathon. I hope this change is true.

Is there any chance SoapNet could acquire the rights to air Days and not just rebroadcast the show, as it does now?

I know Sony is a big sponser of Y&R as well as Days. Is there any connection here?

Sephora
Unregistered

pspcindy
Aug 24 2007, 12:06 PM
I had read that SoapNet was reinstating the 7pm timeslot on Sunday for the weekly marathon.  I hope this change is true.

Is there any chance SoapNet could acquire the rights to air Days and not just rebroadcast the show, as it does now?

I know Sony is a big sponser of Y&R as well as Days.  Is there any connection here?

Sony owns Y&R and Days. But Disney owns SoapNet. Y&R is #1 and pretty much runs any show they want to. For SoapNet to aquire the rights to air Days, Corday would have to be willing to sell the show to ABC/Disney and I doubt he'll do that.

I thought the change to midnight Sundays was facilitated by the summer and the teens that were out of school. I am really hoping the 7pm marathon comes back. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I missed the part in the article that said Days wouldn't air on Thursday nights until NS finishes airing. That part pisses me off, but considering who runs SN it's not surprising.....

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Hasn't Y&R traditionally aired more often on SoapNet than Days? I think it might have to do with SoapNet's licensing agreement with Sony for both shows.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 24 2007, 01:47 PM
I missed the part in the article that said Days wouldn't air on Thursday nights until NS finishes airing. That part pisses me off, but considering who runs SN it's not surprising.....

Rhi, Y&R has been preempted for it so far hasn't it and SoapNet has amazed me in even preempting one of ABC's own for one of it's shows.

I don't care what show it is right now on SoapNet nobody would get special treatment over NS. That show has amazed them and is still even though it has droped SoapNet's highest rated program ever.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

SteveFrame
Aug 24 2007, 02:24 PM

Rhi, Y&R has been preempted for it so far hasn't it and SoapNet has amazed me in even preempting one of ABC's own for one of it's shows.

I don't care what show it is right now on SoapNet nobody would get special treatment over NS. That show has amazed them and is still even though it has droped SoapNet's highest rated program ever.

On Thursdays Y&R airs after NS, that's why it's so stupid of them not to do the same with Days; especially since IWBASS is centered around Days this year.......

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I don't watch SoapNet anymore - boycotting over the AW incident. But anyway I thought I had seen it posted that they were not showing Y&R either. Sorry about that.

It makes you wonder then since SoapNet won't release their total ratings if maybe Days isn't performing as well. You know Frons he is all about the ratings.

And I don't believe he or SoapNet are trying to sabotage Days. He wants Days - has for a long time. He's not going to do anything to sabotage a show he wants.

One thing about it many have used the fact that people started watching it at 7:00 on SoapNet to explain why Days ratings dropped - just one of the many excuses thrown out there. We will see now because they will either have to tape the NBC show or watch it. So we should see a rise in Days if that is the case. Either way it will affect the live rating or the live plus next day.

Of course it could be another of those excuses - like Drake was backburnered the first part of the year because he probably asked to be or now he is backburnered because of his attitude.

Who knows but they sure are thought for fodder.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Good.

Y&R is complete shit, but Days is non stop diarehea.

Ridge
Member Avatar

Gray Bunny
Aug 23 2007, 11:48 PM
The Thursday night thing... that's just dumb! Why not bump DAYS one hour back like they currently do with Y&R on Thursday nights? Why would they not air DAYS at night AT ALL and yet show Y&R twice? Dumb, dumb, dumb!!

They obviously are in it to sabotage DAYS. That just makes no sense at all.

Yeah, the writing is on the wall. It's probably not all about sabotaging DAYS but more so that DAYS is not performing the way they would like. DAYS ratings being down on the network level means it is down on cable too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply