Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days/Y&R Swap Places Again on SoapNet
Topic Started: Aug 23 2007, 03:34 PM (742 Views)
Ridge
Member Avatar

I also am sort of happy about this, I never really caught DAYS at 7pm, there was just too much to do. But I always caught Y&R at 11. I'm glad it is going to be switched.

But this is all ratings. Frons and whomever clearly stated that when they mentioned the reason for One Tree Hill and OC at 5 & 6 and that was to increase their viewership in a younger demographic.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Gray Bunny
Aug 23 2007, 11:48 PM
The Thursday night thing... that's just dumb! Why not bump DAYS one hour back like they currently do with Y&R on Thursday nights? Why would they not air DAYS at night AT ALL and yet show Y&R twice? Dumb, dumb, dumb!!

They obviously are in it to sabotage DAYS. That just makes no sense at all.

They have always shown Y&R more since it came over - something to do with the agreement.

But I know there was a rumor about the 2nd showing of Days that it was not performing well. I never got proof of that but it was a rumor on several boards there for awhile. That was when they moved Days from it's second showing at 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. in the morning. Someone said that SoapNet reported it was for ratings is why the change was made. They replaced it with either The OC or One Tree Hill I think or was it another showing of BH 90210. Since I don't watch anymore I don't remember.

They said that the replacement show was performing better. I know like tonight Before They Were Soap Stars 6 is on the schedule for that time.

The articles that have been released so far have not said anything about the 6:00/5:00 a.m. showing of Days. They may still fulfill any contractural agreement with Days by airing it then.

I just checked and the schedule at SoapNet has not been updated with the new changes.

They will probably give Y&R that time slot as they are obligated to show it according to the contract. But if it doesn't perform well there either, it may get moved to the morning slot too. And find it's second showing being replaced by BH, OTH or OC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

Ridge
Aug 24 2007, 07:12 PM
Gray Bunny
Aug 23 2007, 11:48 PM
The Thursday night thing... that's just dumb! Why not bump DAYS one hour back like they currently do with Y&R on Thursday nights? Why would they not air DAYS at night AT ALL and yet show Y&R twice? Dumb, dumb, dumb!!

They obviously are in it to sabotage DAYS. That just makes no sense at all.

Yeah, the writing is on the wall. It's probably not all about sabotaging DAYS but more so that DAYS is not performing the way they would like. DAYS ratings being down on the network level means it is down on cable too.

I have to wonder about that. I know people who are boycotting NBC over "certain storylines" but they watch on SoapNet. I have to wonder if SoapNet bowed to pressure from fans and network ratings.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply