Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days moves timeslots in Milwaukee
Topic Started: Aug 23 2007, 06:27 PM (852 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Linked

'Today' expansion will affect Channel 4's 'Morning Blend,' newscast

The launch of the fourth hour of "Today" next month will shuffle Channel 4's daytime schedule, with the 11 a.m. newscast moving to noon.

Starting Sept. 10, the locally produced "Morning Blend" moves up an hour to 9 a.m., followed at 10 by hours three and four of "Today."

The final two hours of "Today" will be delayed two hours from their live airing. For the record, the first two hours of "Today," from 7 to 9 a.m., are delayed an hour from their East Coast airing.

Channel 4's hour of news at noon will directly take on Channel 6's half-hour noon newscast.

"Days of Our Lives" moves to 1 p.m. on Sept. 10. While it has aired for many years in the noon slot, "Days" actually premiered on Channel 4 in the 1 p.m. slot on Nov. 8, 1965, according to TV listings.

A key part of the morning changes on Channel 4 comes from the demise, or sort of demise, of "Passions."

The 8-year-old soap is being dropped by NBC as of Sept. 10. But it has an afterlife on DirecTV, starting the following Monday on the satellite system's Channel 101. It will still air at 1 p.m. weekdays, with weekend repeats.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Damn, Days is switching timeslots in a lot of different markets. I'm trying to be optimistic, but this can't be good for ratings, since it might annoy a lot of long-time viewers who're used to their soaps coming on at a certain time.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

At least so far none of them are dropping it. That is what has happened to so many soaps getting the same ratings as Days.

Imagine what GL's ratings might be if it was shown in every market. Plus in many places GL does not even air same day episodes. They don't air that day but the next morning at 10:00 a.m.

And you're right it probably won't be a good thing for Days as it will definitely affect them as people are creatures of habit, plus in those markets it changes Days competition.

bellcurve
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Aug 23 2007, 06:36 PM
At least so far none of them are dropping it.

Yet. I expect the dropping announcements to happen around the time NBC does Olympic Coverage.

If they can keep the ratings where they are or even obtain higher ratings, then maybe that will be enough to keep it going till the end of the contract cycle, March 2009.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This could either help or hurt it.

Should be interesting to see.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 24 2007, 12:28 AM

Way to go out on a limb. LOL.

I'll be bold and say I hope it HELPS DOOL.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 24 2007, 12:49 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 24 2007, 12:28 AM

Way to go out on a limb. LOL.

I'll be bold and say I hope it HELPS DOOL.

Well, I am not sure either way and I am not sure how big the market is.

I guess I will say it helps it. The show can't really go any lower. At least, I hope not.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

PhoenixRising05
Aug 24 2007, 01:53 AM

It's market #34 right behind Cincinnati or about 1.7 million possible viewers :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rick
Aug 24 2007, 01:14 AM
PhoenixRising05
Aug 24 2007, 01:53 AM

It's market #34 right behind Cincinnati or about 1.7 million possible viewers :)

Thanks Rick.

Alright. I guess I will say this news will help it. We'll see. :)

King
Member Avatar

I wonder if it will move in my market. Hmmm, how would I find this out?

Ima call 'em tomorrow.

Sephora
Unregistered

I guess I should feel lucky. Days is staying at 1pm and Martha is going in the 2pm slot. I really wonder how Days is going to survive being the only soap. And, seriously, who wants to watch 4 hours of Meredith Vera and Matt Lauer every day???
Quote Post Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I haven't heard of any time change here in Phoenix. Days is on at 1pm here. Doesn't matter to me as it is my only soap and I have to dvr due to working all day.
Which I should be doing right now!! :lol:

BradyDiva06
Member Avatar

I'm so mad about that. I've been used to the noon viewing and I loved it. I live right @ the border of Wisconsin so I get chicago and milwaukee stations. So at least it still shows @ two different times.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

SoapNet.com has a post from a lady in New York that states the station is advertising Martha taking Days spot in September but she says it never mentions where Days is moving.

so it will be moving in both Milwaukee and New York. I wonder total how many areas are moving it.

Sephora
Unregistered

SteveFrame
Aug 24 2007, 07:47 PM
SoapNet.com has a post from a lady in New York that states the station is advertising Martha taking Days spot in September but she says it never mentions where Days is moving.

so it will be moving in both Milwaukee and New York. I wonder total how many areas are moving it.

I've heard that more than once. I know in Charlotte NC that she's taking the 2 pm slot. I guess they want those children coming home from school at 2:15 to see a felon rather than a soap opera ;)

I've heard several other markets are moving Days to 2pm. The advantage is that it won't be up against AMC in those markets.
Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I guess its weird to me because DAYS has always been on at 2pm where I live and always assumed it was on at 2pm everywhere else. I hope this helps but the ratings are impossible to predict these days.

dawn9476

Sephora
Aug 24 2007, 12:07 PM
I guess I should feel lucky.  Days is staying at 1pm and Martha is going in the 2pm slot.  I really wonder how Days is going to survive being the only soap.  And, seriously, who wants to watch 4 hours of Meredith Vera and Matt Lauer every day???

Meridith and Matt don't work past nine. I don't what Matt's reason is but Meredith can't work past nine because of Millionaire is on at nine in the morning in some markets including here in Detroit. She has a clause in her Millionaire contract that she can't work past nine.

kwarner66

Yeah, I just saw that Days is switching time slots in Portland Oregon area, they used to be on at 3 PM and they are switching to an hour earlier to 2 PM on Sept 10. That makes it in competition with General Hospital, which is going to be interesting in itself.

Sephora
Unregistered

dawn9476
Aug 27 2007, 08:09 PM
Sephora
Aug 24 2007, 12:07 PM
I guess I should feel lucky.  Days is staying at 1pm and Martha is going in the 2pm slot.  I really wonder how Days is going to survive being the only soap.  And, seriously, who wants to watch 4 hours of Meredith Vera and Matt Lauer every day???

Meridith and Matt don't work past nine. I don't what Matt's reason is but Meredith can't work past nine because of Millionaire is on at nine in the morning in some markets including here in Detroit. She has a clause in her Millionaire contract that she can't work past nine.

Not sure about that. I've seen her sign off at 10 am before so I would question that "clause." Millionaire is on at 7pm in our market. Still 4 hours of Today no matter who is hosting is excessive. There's just not that much news that's report worthy every day.
Quote Post Goto Top

kserox10

This is going to hurt DAYS

Here in NY they are moving to 2.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply