Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: Woman of the Year Becomes Inmate of the Week
Topic Started: Aug 24 2007, 07:04 AM (288 Views)
Jonatha

By CAROLYN HINSEY
Friday, August 24th 2007, 4:00 AM

Lindsay takes the podium to accept her "Woman of the Year" award today on "One Life to Live," and is promptly arrested for Spencer's murder.

"Lindsay does not see it coming," says Catherine Hickland, who plays the surprised culprit. "She was shocked enough that she was getting this award, because she's been the town pariah for so long. As she gets closer, she has an uneasy feeling."

Because she knows she's the murderer?

"Yes, but also because Nora is the one presenting," says Hickland, referring to her character's nemesis. "She doesn't know what Nora will say. So Lindsay has a lot of things on her mind on the way to collect the award and give that speech."

Indeed, Nora does bring up their checkered history, which provides the excuse for "OLTL" to use some raucous clips from the past.

"It's pretty great," touts Hickland, "because when Nora is giving the speech about Lindsay, she is speaking in double entendres. As she says certain things, it will make sense to the audience because those scenes will be shown in flashback. It's legendary catfight stuff."

After Nora introduces Lindsay, the "winner" takes the stage.

"She's giving her speech and all of a sudden, her guilt begins to eat at her," says Hickland. "She's dying to tell, but she can't. So she starts to unravel. As all of this is starting to happen, [Detective] John McBain is closing in on her. The show is just fraught with tension."

Which culminates in Lindsay's arrest.

"She begs and pleads with John, but he is quite cold about it," says Hickland. "He knows the truth."

The prevailing wisdom is that Lindsay killed Spencer because he threatened to reveal baby Tommy's true parentage (Todd!) and she wanted to protect Marcie and the baby.

"You won't know why she did it until the trial, which we have to protect because it's a Lana Turner 'I want to live!' moment," says Hickland. "Lindsay doesn't want to tell Marcie the truth because she is like a daughter to her. She doesn't want her to suffer."

But Marcie will suffer when the truth is revealed in the coming weeks.

"It's going to be more than Marcie can bear," warns the actress. "Marcie can't have another baby on her own, so this will be the only child she will ever know. It's terrible."

As terrible as Lindsay's prisonwear is going to be?

"I'm wearing Seven jeans and a tight sweater in jail," responds Hickland. "This isn't reality, it's a drama. Nobody wants to see me in an orange jumpsuit."

An unusual 'Housewife':

Hot on the heels of hiring former "One Life to Live" star Nathan Fillion (ex-Joey) to play the new gynecologist in town comes word that "Desperate Housewives" has brought on "OLTL's" Tuc Watkins (David) to play one half of a gay couple who moves to Wisteria Lane.

Described as "antisocial" (hmmm, wonder why?), Watkins' character will be paired with Kevin Rahm, last seen on "Judging Amy."

Watkins' "desperate" new gig will not interfere with his planned return to "OLTL" for the November ratings sweeps, when David's new status as the Buchanan heir will be hilariously addressed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I'm so excited for this Lindsay stuff to play out. I'm so glad she's frontburner again...at least for now. But I feel so sorry for her and Marcie. :(

Jay
Member Avatar
Bye Bye Bitch

I loathe Marcie. Can't wait for this to play out. Glad your looking forward to something on OLTL, Tyler. :)

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

^ LOL, it has been a long time since I've loved something on OLTL, hasn't it? :lol: *sigh* I miss the days when I praised everything it did and defended Higley left and right...lol.

Hey Jay, why do you loathe Marcie?

Jay
Member Avatar
Bye Bye Bitch

I have loathed Marcie since way back when, when she first came to OLTL, as Jen's friend who tampered with results at the clinic. She was such a bitch to Al, who was hot for Jen, she was a bitch to Rex who was hot for Jen, and she was a bitch to Cris, who I hate, who was with Jen, and he was sort of hot for Natalie at the time. Marcie then moves on to the story with Al, the love shack, etc. and I dug her for a minute with the Hepatitis,Liver disease story with Al, because she was helping him off the drugs. Al dies, Michael lives, yada yada, and she marries him and becomes a nosy loudmouth bitch. She is always talking shit, more recently, to Nora the other day when she told her she's kick her ass. She has a loud mouth and her voice is annoying and she comes out of her face a lot. Not that John doesnt deserve someone snapping at him, but when she went off on him the other day, I would have told her something. I still see the Marcie that came to Llanview in the new Marcie and I hate that.

Lskreet
Member Avatar
Ratings Queen & Scoopster

Tuc is coming back in Septemer and October?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply