Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How long have you been watching Days?
5 years or less 4 (13.8%)
6-10 years 3 (10.3%)
11-15 years 12 (41.4%)
16-20 years 2 (6.9%)
21-25 years 4 (13.8%)
26-30 years 2 (6.9%)
31-40+ years (saw the first episode) 2 (6.9%)
Total Votes: 29
How long have you been watching Days?
Topic Started: Aug 25 2007, 07:38 PM (599 Views)
Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Editing this for Jonny. (Steve)

I've noticed lately some posters saying they have been watching for 40 years. I'm wondering how long everyone has watched. I'm giving 5 year intervals, choose which is closest to your years of watching Days.

5 years or less

6-10 years

11-15 years

16-20 years

21-25 years

26-30 years

31-40+ years (saw the first episode)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Since 1970 - so 37 years.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It says in my sig. Since 1994 so 13 years
Quote Post Goto Top

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

For me, it was 97 or 98 (I know it was at the end of JER's run), so 6-10 years.

soapfan4life

I started somewhere in the early 80's, so about 25 years.

Jonatha

Thanks, Steve for the help with the poll.

I'm not sure because it was so long ago. But I do remember the Marie and Tommy Horton 'romance.' When he came back from war with amnesia and fell in love with his sister. More than that I remember a very young Susan Seaforth as Julie who really was the 'Sami' of her day. The triangle between Julie, Susan Hunter(Denise Alexander) and David Martin was must see daytime viewing. I've been hooked on Days ever since that time. :)

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Jonny, You're welcome.

I always though Denise Alexander was great as Susan. I was only 5 when I really first remember Days but I was in love with Susan Seaforth and Denise Alexander to a certain extent.

I have seen tapes years later that have had sporadic episodes of Denise as Susan. If the Emmys had been that early I have no doubt that Denise and Susan would have won some.

It was one of the best rivalries Days ever had. Too bad GH stole Denise from them. What's even worse is that both GH and Days are wasting both ladies.

Jonatha

SteveFrame
Aug 26 2007, 09:13 AM
Jonny, You're welcome.

I always though Denise Alexander was great as Susan. I was only 5 when I really first remember Days but I was in love with Susan Seaforth and Denise Alexander to a certain extent.

I have seen tapes years later that have had sporadic episodes of Denise as Susan. If the Emmys had been that early I have no doubt that Denise and Susan would have won some.

It was one of the best rivalries Days ever had. Too bad GH stole Denise from them. What's even worse is that both GH and Days are wasting both ladies.

I agree with you Steve. Back in those days if there had been Emmys, both Susan Seaforth and Denise would have won. Susan Flannery stood out as well as Laura caught between Bill and Micky Horton. Back then we didn't have fan bases dictating what they wanted to see. We watched because the writing was excellent and the actors were so fascinating, and I do mean fascinating. Maybe a better word is unforgettable. :)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Since 1992 off and on.

Mason
Member Avatar

14 years! Since Carly was buried alive!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

1991 for me on a continual basis, but I have tons of stuff from 87-90 from tapes of my parents.

They recorded the show everyday.

stephi07
Member Avatar

I started watching in 2005

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I started to watch in 1998 when they showed the 94 episodes here.

Natalia
Member Avatar

5 years or less.They started airing DAYS three times in The Netherlands but somehow it never became a hit :shrug:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply