Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; The week of August 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 11:36 AM (3,978 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This is a week that will go down in DAYS history. Ed Scott's first episode airs this week, and I can only hope for good things to come out of this great move.

Discuss away!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Nice to see you starting the thread Drew, as opposed to last weeks thread starter!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Is that the Titan gym? Since when did the Titan gym move next door to Java Cafe? :lol:

Sephora
Unregistered

How could EJ be a "member" if it's the Titan Gym?
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sephora
Aug 27 2007, 03:50 PM
How could EJ be a "member" if it's the Titan Gym?

Because he bought a membership? :huh:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Okay, the show is on the right track with losing the SFX previews, but the SFX endings have got to end as well. Unless the ending calls for a freezeframe, don't use one. A simple fade to black will work. And don't even think of changing the color scheme. Today's ending did not call for a freezeframe and it sucked.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Good show today. Tomorrow looks good also.

Days4Life
Unregistered

Andre sure is an ugly woman. :o
Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

haha you've got that right!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Days4Life
Aug 27 2007, 03:30 PM
Andre sure is an ugly woman. :o

Yes. He was truly dreadful looking but I still enjoyed. Even if a part of me really wanted EJ to come out of somewhere and rip off Andre's wig saying "He's a man, baby."

daytimelvr
Member Avatar

Why, if EJ is so in "love" with Sami, would he stab her dad with a needle? That boy sure knows the way to a womans heart!! lol

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm watching now on Soapnet, and it's not to bad except for the LUMI scenes which are driving me crazy. I hate how dumbed down Sami is now....... :soapbox:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

omgomgomg. just saw tuesday's ep. wow. I don't know if this is Ed Scott's doing or what the hell is going on, but wow. So as not to spoil things I'll say more tomorrow.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Aug 27 2007, 06:37 PM
I'm watching now on Soapnet, and it's not to bad except for the LUMI scenes which are driving me crazy. I hate how dumbed down Sami is now....... :soapbox:

LMAO. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

This is what I thought of today's epi.

Overall I thought the show was pretty good today. I liked the movement from different scenes and just the jumble of characters interacting.

I mostly tuned out TTS but they were on a short enough amount of time that I was able to tune them out and thus I enjoyed that storyline for once today. Even if I had to giggle when they had that Stephanie-Max part talking about the kiss and I looked up to hear this romantic music and the camera turned to Chelsea watching them knowingly and I just had to laugh to myself thinking Oh hell they really ARE going there knowing how much that will piss off a lot of people who wanted to believe Hogan's pledges about no incest.

I enjoyed Andre's encounter with Sami after she actually hatched a half-baked scheme to try and steal the folio (oh how I've missed scheming Sami) as well as bickering Lucas and Sami (their best scenes are and always have been fighting/arguing) even if Lucas looked RIDICULOUS during that one pause before the commercial break where Sami faints yet Lucas just sits there straining to try and get his hands on the folio yet failling to do so like he is glued to his chair or something and even if I had to wonder where the hell Andre got the wig and makeup from for his disguise, overall I just found it a good day and the first time in a while that a Lucas and Sami scene didn't make me want to throw things at my TV or put me to sleep.

I also LOVED Stefano's always skillful manipulation of EJ and EJ being in something other than a suit even if it was just a hospital gown. I loved Roman and Bo confronting them and gumming up the works and I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing a scene again where Bo and Roman were smartass antagonists of EJ and his "Turn around this is not a peep show" line in response and him sticking Roman with the drugs was fun to see just because for me Roman getting stabbed NEVER gets old and I like having ruthless EJ back as long as it's not him trying to kill someone.

eta:

Something else I forgot before... since when is Roman the DEPUTY POLICE COMMISSIONER? Hasn't he always been COMMANDER Brady?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I agree that today's Lumi's scenes were better than the crap they've had to act out recently......

Jonatha

IMissAremid
Aug 27 2007, 06:52 PM
Rhiannon

Overall I thought the show was pretty good today. I liked the movement from different scenes and just the jumble of characters interacting.

I mostly tuned out TTS but they were on a short enough amount of time that I was able to tune them out and thus I enjoyed that storyline for once today. Even if I had to giggle when they had that Stephanie-Max part talking about the kiss and I looked up to hear this romantic music and the camera turned to Chelsea watching them knowingly and I just had to laugh to myself thinking Oh hell they really ARE going there knowing how much that will piss off a lot of people who wanted to believe Hogan's pledges about no incest.

I enjoyed Andre's encounter with Sami after she actually hatched a half-baked scheme to try and steal the folio (oh how I've missed scheming Sami) as well as bickering Lucas and Sami (their best scenes are and always have been fighting/arguing) even if Lucas looked RIDICULOUS during that one pause before the commercial break where Sami faints yet Lucas just sits there straining to try and get his hands on the folio yet failling to do so like he is glued to his chair or something and even if I had to wonder where the hell Andre got the wig and makeup from for his disguise, overall I just found it a good day and the first time in a while that a Lucas and Sami scene didn't make me want to throw things at my TV or put me to sleep.

I also LOVED Stefano's always skillful manipulation of EJ and EJ being in something other than a suit even if it was just a hospital gown. I loved Roman and Bo confronting them and gumming up the works and I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing a scene again where Bo and Roman were smartass antagonists of EJ and his "Turn around this is not a peep show" line in response and him sticking Roman with the drugs was fun to see just because for me Roman getting stabbed NEVER gets old and I like having ruthless EJ back as long as it's not him trying to kill someone.

eta:

Something else I forgot before... since when is Roman the DEPUTY POLICE COMMISSIONER? Hasn't he always been COMMANDER Brady?

Today's show was good. I also liked the new background of the fitness center and the extras. It seems like Brady's Pub was filled up more than usual. I still can't get used to Sami being able to do what she does while in her supposed last trimester carrying twins. Today's show had a bit of humor to it aside from the always great Stefano scenes.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LOL, Andre sure was a hideous woman! Lucas was driving me nuts today. He could easily have gotten the folio. He is such a dumbass!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 27 2007, 06:52 PM
Rhiannon

eta:

He was acting commissioner while Abe had his sight problems. With Abe back, it seems he is deputy commissioner now.

I agree about today. The changes I noticed on Friday were more noticeable but, like Friday, the show had direction. There wasn't useless shit filling time. Everything was fluid and the episode as a whole was well put together. We also had pretty good lighting and camera angles again.

Good to see some old school Lumi today and it was nice to see the fitness center. I know they remade the Java cafe to be a juice bar but it was nice to see a new set. Good seeing alot of people walking around there and at the Pub. It added alot to the scenes.. This is what I want to see in regards to LUMI though. Keep it up. The scenes with Andre were good, except for Lucas reaching for the folio. I could see if Andre was turned around and looking in that direction but Lucas had no reason to be that hesitant. Just grab the thing and run! Good ending though with ugly woman Andre's comment about Lucas making a ugly stain on the wall :lol:. Thaoo looked hilarious in that getup. :lol:

Stefano/EJ was good. I loved Stefano calling EJ on what he did to Lucas and his line about Lucas being an idiot. I love the writing of these scenes with EJ mentioning how he idolized his father and how he wants to become a better person. I also like the use of Rolf as he is much more serious this time around. Bo and Roman's banter at the house was hilarious and I enjoyed their scene with EJ when they were arresting him on parking tickets. EJ telling Roman to turn around and Bo telling EJ to put his pants on was funny too. Bo/Stefano at the end was awesome and I loved EJ stabbing Roman again :lol: . Good to see Roman showing so much personality. He is actually fun now.

TTS crew was boring but they didn't get much attention today. I did like the suspense buildup with Jeremy and Jett and Steph and Max addressing their situation but nothing much really happened.

Not a bad show today though. Two really great ones in a roll IMO.

Days4Life
Unregistered

I was also wondering about Roman as the Deputy Police Commissioner; I thought he was Commander Roman Brady. He did make a point of stating his new title, but I don't know what could be so significant about it--except maybe because Abe is back now?

It was nice to see some of Sami's feistiness back today. Good to see her actually arguing with Lucas instead of just giving in. Their plan--or lack of one--concerning Andre and the folio was laughable, though. Why didn't Lucas just casually walk by the table, pick up the folio and walk out the door? The chair thing was so ridiculous. However, it was still some of the best Lumi scenes in a long time.

I love, love, love EJ and Stefano scenes. Daddy Dimera is a manipulator without equal! Good to hear EJ acknowledge that he does want to become a good person but is a lot like his father. I want EJ as a bad boy with a conscience, so I'm okay with him not 100% redeemed. Liked the little banter with EJ and Roman when he was arrested--it's nice to have some humor thrown in.

Roman and Bo are so good in scenes together. They have a wonderful brotherly chemistry. Unfortunately, that's about the only time I like Roman.

TTS was limited in its scope today so I could put up with it.

Overall, a good episode with real story movement. We've been getting lots of filler episodes so it's nice to feel things are going to be moving again.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I must say that I did like Lucas and Sami working together today at the gym/Java Cafe. I thought it was a little funny that they're using the Titan gym set and having it right next door to Java Cafe. Whatever! Anyhoo, back to Lucas and Sami's scenes. This is the prime example that any two characters can replace Bo and Hope. For weeks now, it's been Bo and Hope going on these little adventures, and while it is true to their history, they're not needed to do it. It has nothing to do with them when they're on the adventure. Any two characters can replace them, and that was proven today.

Ugh! I can't stand this pairing of Max and Stephanie. I mean, at least they are addressing the fact that Stephanie is reluctant because Max is her uncle. That's something they didn't even mention last summer. But still, it's still disgusting, and I hate that Hogan and the writers are taking us back there. Is it so fucking hard to recast Abby, or bring on a new girl for Max? GOD!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply