Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; The week of August 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 11:36 AM (3,902 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
Aug 28 2007, 04:19 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 28 2007, 05:10 PM
Mason, it seems silly, but I think, yes, it's extremely important.

Surely people (other than I) recognize how people call minivans "cars" and "toenail clippers" "clippers" and even "cell phones" "cordless phones" (though that one's a bit extreme)

Depending on your background, your aversion to certain dialects, laziness or even general ignorance, people talk differently. I feel it's important that soaps reflect that, and not everyone is a cookie-cutter character, in dialogue.

For instance, on "Passions," I HATE that all the guys call it a chaise lounge (forget hat they all pronounce it wrong (it's actually pronounced "long"); but 100 percent of the virile male population won't necessarily call it that. You'll likely get "recliner," "chair," "thing," -- all kinds of words .

What the hell are you talking about, and what does this have to do with DAYS?! :huh:

Should I be glad or worried I know exactly what JSF is talking about and his post made sense to me? :D

JSF just has been annoyed for a while that all the characters talk about the "leather folio" because that's such a weird phrase for EVERYONE to use. And he is using the "chaise lounge" example as another case of a soap using awkward dialogue that detracts from the story.

And I agree with him! :o
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I didn't like that they used to say leather folio, but calling it a folio didn't bother me.....but did anyone see today's show? HOW I FREAKIN LOVED IT! Excellent ending.

King
Member Avatar

Today made me think maybe Mascolo's return won't be a total bust.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Roman was so funny today!! The whole show was pretty good.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm really excited to watch, will watch it later tonight..Love that we are getting some action and things are finally progressing...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Damn, I want to watch it NOW! :lol:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Was that "lady" that worked at the gym a man??? If not, she was really manish. :lol:

King
Member Avatar

How could I forget about Roman's dialogue today?? Josh Taylor was hilarious.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 28 2007, 10:48 PM
Was that "lady" that worked at the gym a man??? If not, she was really manish. :lol:

She (he??) also appeared on Passions during the Rainbow Brigade's smackdown on Alistair's goons in Rome.

Mason

King
Aug 28 2007, 11:43 PM

Josh Taylor? Hilarious?

This I gotta see. :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 29 2007, 12:20 AM
King

Josh Taylor? Hilarious?

Hey. He could be funny sometimes on Valerie/Valerie's Family/The Hogan Family/The Hogans.

Mason

Oh, I guess so. Never seen it, LoL!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Joe Mascolo gave the performance of his CAREER today. He showed so much vulnerability and we are finally seeing a side to Stefano that we have never seen. When he cried out to his papa to come back, it got to me. His eyes welling with tears at the first sight of him and then his subdued anger over wasting his whole life following his father's wishes. Great all around. JS did terrific today as Santo and earlier in the episode as EJ. The mention of Renee was well placed and used. Now that is how you use history properly. Good scenes all around here. Loved Bo and Roman's interactions with Stefano and EJ too.

Roman was hilarious today. Who is this man and what has been done with JT? Roman and Bo are great together and I loved Lucas and Sami's reactions to Roman.

Andre is one ugly woman and boy did he resemble the gym manager. Wow... :lol: Lucas/Andre was actually pretty good except for that line about the Brady's. Sami/EJ was good too and that scene Sami had with Andre was incredibly creepy. Thaoo made the scenes work today so props to him. I also liked how they used real dogs for the car scenes.

Good seeing Benji and the diaper race was adorable. Loved seeing the Steve/Hope friendship and them being with Kayla felt like old times. SN and MBE were superb in that last scene when Steve finds the hat and suitcase.

The ending was FLAWLESS!! Joe gave it his all and just the sight of Stefano grabbing on to Rolf and saying "The end is here..." while Andre held the folio and said "The end is near" all with the opera music in the background was brilliant. Perfect ending.

Ed has arrived in spades. Goes to show you what some great direction and execution can do. I always said it's not so much the stories and the writing that is wrong with Days right now but the execution of it all and the last 3 days has been good execution to go along with the writing and now we have a serious, well put together daytime drama on our hands.

GO DAYS!! KEEP IT UP!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I finally watched and enjoyed the entire episode..I have to give props to the whole cast today for giving great performances all around...and the crew (ed scott if your responsible, thank you very much)...

First off Kudos to Joseph Mascolo..I agree with Phoenix, i've watched since 87 and that was probably one of his best performances...Simply amazing..My favorite was the first scene when Santo came out..Stefano shaking and teary eyed and calling out to his papa was so moving...finally i feel like this vendetta has a purpose...The Coleen and Santo thing thus far has bored me to tears, but Santo today with his son was excellent..I also loved Stefano explaining that he has wasted so much of his life for nothing...James Scott also did an incredible job today..And the special effects when Santo went back into the light were so much better than what Days has done in the past..

Lucas and the dogs was also so well done..When i first heard that spoiler i was so pissed..It sounded so bad on paper, but on screen it was great...What a reverse from what we've been getting...

Also the steam room set-up trap for Sami and EJ was very well done..and Andre was just deliciously evil today..Thaao gave a great performance today.

Bo and Roman were hilarious as normal, JT has really stepped it up lately...In fact i'm loving Hogan's incarnation of Roman lately...My only complaint, is with Bo and Roman having to deal with so much (lucas, Sami/EJ, Benji)...i would like to see John or Abe helping out..Just to give those two more airtime..

Finally, Hope, Steve, and Kayla had nice scenes, i love this Pocket storyline..And its finally showcasing what a strong couple Steve and Kayla are....Also the end with Benji missing had me on the edge of my seat...I just wish they hadn't listed the spoiler as Pocket and Ciara hang out..What a stupid spoiler, for what turned out to be great scenes with 3 of my favorite vets...I really hope Ed Scott can put out more appealing spoilers for the show...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OMG. I didn't even think about how this was the Pocket and Ciara hang out spoiler!

LMFAO!!!

Why didn't they say the spoiler as Hope forces Steve to confront his parenting fears or Hope and Kayla hold vigil during the search for Benjy?

Days4Life
Unregistered

This is exactly why I try not to let spoilers influence me much--"Pocket and Ciara hang out" is one of the worst spoilers ever, but the show was the best I've seen in a looooong time.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 29 2007, 01:20 AM
King

Josh Taylor? Hilarious?

He did used to do comedy. He's actually got a wide range, he's just been pigeonholed with bad plots on Days.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Days4Life
Aug 29 2007, 08:09 AM
This is exactly why I try not to let spoilers influence me much--"Pocket and Ciara hang out" is one of the worst spoilers ever, but the show was the best I've seen in a looooong time.

Exactly. This is why I never get bent out of shape with spoilers and just wait to see everything play out onscreen. Just look at those CDN TV Guide ones. They seemed to indicate Hope was only on one day but she ends up being on 3 this week.

Having said that, Days needs to do a better job of putting out spoilers. Not only should they be more vague with some bigger things so we can keep the element of surprise but they should also start balancing out who they put in spoilers because they put out hardly any ones of the vets lately and that gives off a bad impression.

PoisonIvy
Member Avatar

Angie79

I think the Adam's apple and man hands gave "her" away...... :)

IA with the assessment of Tuesday's show - LOVED the Santo/Stefano scenes in particular. It's been a long time since I got lost in a scene on DAYS, instead of finding things to mock.

I hope they keep it up :)

Sephora
Unregistered

PoisonIvy
Aug 29 2007, 11:33 AM
Angie79
Was that "lady" that worked at the gym a man??? If not, she was really manish.  :lol:

I think the Adam's apple and man hands gave "her" away...... :)

IA with the assessment of Tuesday's show - LOVED the Santo/Stefano scenes in particular. It's been a long time since I got lost in a scene on DAYS, instead of finding things to mock.

I hope they keep it up :)

I must have mentioned the Adams apple at FL and not here. Dang. Can't keep up with my own posts.

I agree, the adams apple definitely gave it away. I swear I've seen that person on Nip/Tuck too.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply