Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; The week of August 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 11:36 AM (3,893 Views)
Mason

Oh, those two have ALWAYS been the Ambiguously Gay Duo of DAYS...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Apparently! There is something there, beneath the surface.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

JERSoapsFan
Aug 30 2007, 10:00 PM

Let me guess. You've GOT to get to the bottom of it? :D :P

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Everyone was saying good things about Tuesday's episode - I tried to download, but no such luck. I couldn't get the complete episode to download for me. I did watch today's (tomorrow's U.S.) and I still saw nothing spectacular, with the exception of Steve and father-hood.

King
Member Avatar

I wish I could get to the bottom of ANYTHING involving Peter Reckell.

Mason

King
Aug 30 2007, 11:36 PM
I wish I could get to the bottom of ANYTHING involving Peter Reckell.

I knew something like that was coming, ahaha. :lol:

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 30 2007, 10:02 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 30 2007, 10:00 PM

Let me guess. You've GOT to get to the bottom of it? :D :P

:o :o

No -- but I will enjoy seeing things develop onscreen. ;)

Those writers are seriously begging us to! And SN and PR aren't doing much to tone down their sizzling "fuck buddy" chemistry. :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Quote:

But unlike all of you, I didn't find anything all that special in Santo/Stefano scenes. Maybe simply because I didn't like James Scott playing Santo in those scenes. I haven't watched in a while, but did Santo die this young? Cause that would be the only reason why Stefano would see his father in his hallucination at that age... wouldn't Stefano otherwise see Santo as a much older man? That really bothered me in those scenes.. Joe did a good job.

How strange, I've barely watched except for when Kate shows up... I also randomly tuned into this show. It was ok, but I agree about the Santo thing. I didn't like that James Scott was playing Stefano's father still at that age....it's never been stated that he died that young. It didn't work for me.

AHHH I haven't seen any of the new lighting or anything, but it was that good eh?

Jonatha

What was going on with Billie yesterday? She told Philip she had to go to the university. Was there an explanation why? Is she a professor now? I was blindsighted by that. I know it was the reason for Philip to take Belle on the trip instead of Billie. Still it seems strange.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ Billie went to the uni to install her security system there.

Jonatha

Jinxed Soul
Aug 31 2007, 09:13 AM
^ Billie went to the uni to install her security system there.

Ok, thank you. :)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

I think Days has been just amazing this week. There have been so many noteworthy performances. From the flow of the stories, the excellent performances by the actors, to the details of lighting and camera angles, Days is heating up.

I love the chemistry of JM and JS. I think casting JS as Santo was inspired, especially if the past is to be an important component that affects the present with EJ. Stefano in the hospital dying with tears in his eyes mourning the waste of his life on the vendetta was so powerful, as was the love and devotion he showed to his father.

The scenes between EJ and Stefano were just as strong. After almost a year, we are now getting to see inside EJ and what has shaped his life. Is not EJ just as much of a pawn as Stefano was for Santo? I think the parallel is there and the difference is that EJ does not want his life to continue down the same path of misery and destruction. But can a DiMera escape his birthright? Guess we'll see.

All the good family interaction this week gave the show a homey feeling. Hope and Kayla, Steve and Bo, Roman and Bo all made me happy. I was not even bored so much by Max and Shawn yesterday. Involving the characters with one another and not keeping the strict sets makes the show so much more enjoyable.

Whoever is responsible for all this goodness has my great thanks. I hope this is just the beginning of the rise of Days.

I do wonder how much Wyman being fired and Ed Scott being hired has to do with my current happiness. Hmmmmmmm.

Jonatha

pspcindy
Aug 31 2007, 09:20 AM
I think Days has been just amazing this week.  There have been so many noteworthy performances.  From the flow of the stories, the excellent performances by the actors, to the details of lighting and camera angles, Days is heating up.

I love the chemistry of JM and JS.  I think casting JS as Santo was inspired, especially if the past is to be an important component that affects the present with EJ.  Stefano in the hospital dying with tears in his eyes mourning the waste of his life on the vendetta was so powerful, as was the love and devotion he showed to his father.

The scenes between EJ and Stefano were just as strong.  After almost a year, we are now getting to see inside EJ and what has shaped his life.  Is not EJ just as much of a pawn as Stefano was for Santo?  I think the parallel is there and the difference is that EJ does not want his life to continue down the same path of misery and destruction.  But can a DiMera escape his birthright?  Guess we'll see.

All the good family interaction this week gave the show a homey feeling. Hope and Kayla, Steve and Bo, Roman and Bo all made me happy. I was not even bored so much by Max and Shawn yesterday.  Involving the characters with one another and not keeping the strict sets makes the show so much more enjoyable.

Whoever is responsible for all this goodness has my great thanks.  I hope this is just the beginning of the rise of Days.

I do wonder how much Wyman being fired and Ed Scott being hired has to do with my current happiness.  Hmmmmmmm.

I agree, we've had several good performances this past week, especially with the male actors. It's going to be interesting to see who wins this week's DR poll for Days - Best Actor. Every one be sure to vote starting today at 4:00pm EST.

Manny
Member Avatar

Jinxed Soul
Aug 31 2007, 06:31 AM
Everyone was saying good things about Tuesday's episode - I tried to download, but no such luck. I couldn't get the complete episode to download for me. I did watch today's (tomorrow's U.S.) and I still saw nothing spectacular, with the exception of Steve and father-hood.

I know what you mean. I don't think DAYS is as good as I think it could and should be... but I do think it's a bit better than the last time I saw it (few months ago).

But if the episode had Shelle/Phelle or Vegas stuff, I bet it was awful.. The Tuesday one was Steve/Kayla/Hope; Roman/Bo/Stefano; Ej/Sami/Lucas... it was okay... the funnest part being Steve/Kayla/Hope and Roman/Bo/Stefano... Lumi/EJ stuff is not interesting to me at all... neither was Stefano seeing Santo's ghost...

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

DAYS will definitely be pre-emtped on Monday. Today's Canadian episode didn't air.

Mason

Good riddance to Wyman, welcome home to Scott!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Today's show wasn't as good as the rest of the week. I did like the Steve and Pocket scenes though, it was cute!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla need to go. They are seriously out of place on Days. Seeing Kayla as a doctor when she has illegally removed John's kidney and Lexie as a rejected doctor due to lying just made me ill. Kayla does not deserve to keep her license if Lexie lost hers. Also it didn't ring real the closeness with Benji when we haven't seen him since he was a little boy or even heard about him. Steve babysitting was nonsense. Just get rid of them, please.

I am enjoying the renewed energy between Belle and Shawn even if it isn't believable. At least it's an effort whereas I never saw that before. Why on earth doesn't someone show Hogan the DWTS tapes of Heather Mills and her artificial leg and how she can walk and dance without awkwardness so that he will allow Philip to walk without that horrid gimpy leg. So wrong....get smart, Hogan. He has an artificial leg, not missing ligaments in a leg which could actually cause limping.

I loved the scene with Hope and Shawn talking about his hopes and her fears as a mother and son would. Great scenes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Jean sorry your not a fan of Steve and Kayla, but there are many that are..And i for one am loving their current storyline....I loved them back in the 80's, but was disappointed with their last 2 stories..Finally, we have a story where they can really deliver..

I hope they are here for the longrun..Mary Beth and Stephen rock...

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I loved them in the 80s and that is where they belong. Their story was good then but totally unbelievable now with those missing 16 years that we still don't know what went on with Steve and he hasn't matured at all and Kayla has gone sophistocated and educated. They are so mismatched it laughable. I hate what has happened here.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply