Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:NBC Text Message spoilers
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 12:14 PM (771 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

I wouldn't want Belle to get cancer. Maybe Shawn. If Belle got cancer it would be too much like Chloe's leukemia - a story in which, just like this one, Philip played the third point in a triangle.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

King
Aug 27 2007, 04:57 PM
I am sick of this Phelle Shelle mess. Give one of them a disease or something. Madison would rock with a cancer storyline or something. I am just sick of the triangle stuff with these three.

It's just stupid. Belle was raised rich. Why would she care Philip is rich? And since when are Shawn and Bope like destitute? Why is Shawn acting like he is trailer trash?

I've never been this less interested in a love triangle since Shelle/Jan (Heather Olsen's Jan).

ITA!

I will add though that the character of Shawn might be one of the worst written characters in daytime history(with some exxageration thrown in). I don't know if its Brandon Beemer or the horrid writing for his character but I just feel nothing when he is on my screen. I shudder to even type this but I kinda miss Jason Cook and I was one of his biggest haters. Its probably more of the bad writing for Shawn, but Shawn is just a useless character and has been for awhile now. He is Bo and Hope's son damnit, I wish I could enjoy him more.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I find Shawn to be what bring this triangle down..I love Brandon Beemer and he's a great actor..But shawn is an incredibly dull character..I wish they would flush out his character a bit more..and can we please get a shirtless scene? Its been way too long with no skin for BB...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I would probably have interest in the Belle/Phillip/Shawn triangle if JC was still playing Shawn. I just do not like Brandon as Shawn at all anymore. At first I thought he was ok, but the character has gone down the tubes since he took over the role and I do think he has something to do with it; not just the writing. He almost always has a pissy look on his face and is so monotone or something. The lack of chemistry between BB and MM is part of the problem too, but I think that is mainly a problem on his part. I just do not like them as a couple anymore. With these actors, I am all for Phelle.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Aug 27 2007, 06:03 PM
I would probably have interest in the Belle/Phillip/Shawn triangle if JC was still playing Shawn. I just do not like Brandon as Shawn at all anymore. At first I thought he was ok, but the character has gone down the tubes since he took over the role and I do think he has something to do with it; not just the writing. He almost always has a pissy look on his face and is so monotone or something. The lack of chemistry between BB and MM is part of the problem too, but I think that is mainly a problem on his part. I just do not like them as a couple anymore. With these actors, I am all for Phelle.

I have never warmed up to BB and I don't know if it is him or simply Hogan's interpretation of Shawn that soured me on him so completely.

I actually liked Shelle better BY FAR when Jason Cook and Kyle Brandt were the other components of this triangle, but I had always thought that had more to do with my dislike of Kyle based on his season of the Real World moreso than what he did as Phillip.

But ever since BB took over the role of Shawn all we've seen him do is
-find out Claire is his daughter and that Belle wants a relationship with him but decide to shack up with a hooker instead
-destroy Max's racecar and drive through the Kiriakis Mansion stupidly when the whole Claire paternity fiasco was Kate's doing, not his
-be an idiot and work for EJ Wells even when his father warned him about that
-selfishly put Claire in danger by carting her all over the globe because he couldn't handle Phillip getting custody of her

If Nadia Bjorlin does come back I hope it's so Chloe can be someone for SHAWN because that's the only thing I can see spicing up this tired old triangle at this point and hopefully if NB and BB are dating in real life she can get some fire out of him to show up on camera.

I love Bo and Hope so much I want to like Shawn and I always did forgive him his mistakes when Jason Cook played him, but now that BB is in the role and so there's no sentimentality for the character or for Shelle with me I just think Shawn's kind of a big turd.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I get sick even thinknig about Jason Cook's Shawn. Never would I want that man to return to DAYS. He worked well with Kirsten Storms, but with Martha Madison in the role, it looked like Shawn had a crush on an older woman. Martha looks older than Jason and I never bought them as a believable couple. With Brandon Beemer, I do.

I don't want to see a cancer storyline, just because I know that when a cancer storyline is used in a triangle, it always ends the same way. Belle will push Shawn out of her life while mourns possibly dying with her disease. Philip will be there to cheer her up. Then, when Belle goes into remission, she realizes her love for Shawn and chooses him. Philip's been there and done that. Something new please.

The Shawn/Belle/Philip triangle has the groundworks to be the next Mickey/Laura/Bill if written correctly.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm surprised by all the disdain for Beemer's Shawn. I didn't mind Cook as Shawn, but I've never liked Shawn more than I have since BB took over the role. And I disagree about the chemistry. I never really thought JC had chemistry with Martha, but with BB, I see lots of chemistry between the two.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It's funny because I always thought Cook had the pissy look on his face. Cook could only play anger. When he first started, he was fine because his acting was suitable for a teen but, as Shawn grew, I couldn't take Cook seriously as Shawn. He had good chemistry with KA and PR but that was about it. I liked Shimi early on too but that quickly fizzled out. With Martha in the role, Belle looked too old for Shawn. With Beemer, they have the chemistry and he has shown he can act. He did some great stuff early on but has had shit to work with since the "On the Run" story began. It's more on the writing IMO.

I think Nadia returning and being paired with Shawn wouldn't help. They need to flesh out Shawn more and we need to see him doing more then worrying about getting a job and Philip. I think him becoming a cop might help and could give him some much needed direction.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 27 2007, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised by all the disdain for Beemer's Shawn. I didn't mind Cook as Shawn, but I've never liked Shawn more than I have since BB took over the role. And I disagree about the chemistry. I never really thought JC had chemistry with Martha, but with BB, I see lots of chemistry between the two.

Really?? I don't see any chemistry between Brandon and Martha. They are so dull and boring together. Their love scenes were really bad, IMO. I think Martha and JKJ have much more chemistry together. I don't care if Jason comes back or not, but I would like a Shawn recast.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeah, especially when they were on the cruise ship during the on the run storyline. The scenes where they were separated by a sheet were very well done, and they hardly had to say or do anything, and it felt natural.

Mason
Member Avatar

If Shawn does become a cop, the story I want to see is when he's forced to fatally shoot a criminal, and show how that has repercussions on him emotionally, as well as on his relationship with Belle. No third parties, no triangles. Just internal drama between Shawn and Belle. It would be a great story for both Brandon and Martha, IMO.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Never did I ever think I would type anything like this.

I wish I would see more of Shawn/Belle (Phillip), actually. Especially because I'm tired of Sami and her beaus and their rotating near-death experiences.

Feels so wrong.

But, I like that Belle is drawn to Phillip in some way still, because I never bought and never will buy Shawn/Belle together in the long term. I would kill for a storyline where they just fall out of love with each other, for the realization that they're clinging to this high school romance, this nostalgia for something that never really was.

And that hope- that they'll disintegrate- is why I sort of like the triangle aspect of it in this case. It fits with their characters as I interpret them. Shawn as a loser, Belle growing up a little and being attracted to someone else, Phillip sort of there, not too developed yet but with potential.

That said, they could easily be written off at this point, imho, with no ripple effect on the canvas. I just...I, um...I want to see them. Shame they're not involved with the stupid feud more directly.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't see them ever just falling out of love. I would ideally like to see one of the two men actually move on for good. That way, Belle would face reality and realize that she can't have her choice at everything in life.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 27 2007, 08:01 PM
If Shawn does become a cop, the story I want to see is when he's forced to fatally shoot a criminal, and show how that has repercussions on him emotionally, as well as on his relationship with Belle. No third parties, no triangles. Just internal drama between Shawn and Belle. It would be a great story for both Brandon and Martha, IMO.

That would be a fantastic story! I wish they would go for it. Enough of the triangles crap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply