Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Matt Ashford to return?
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 01:19 PM (1,916 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks to Jonny for finding this!

Jack back in salem??

In a recent interview in the Sacramento Bee's Sunday Ticket, for his upcoming [August 28th through September 2nd] preformance as Thomas Jefferson in the historic musical 1776 in Sacramento's Music Circus production, Matt said that his Days character is "in England right now" but will return. Not sure if there is a definite return, or that Matt is confident he will return. However, this seems to indicate that fans might get their wish -- again I say might.

http://mashfordpage.com/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

To me that sounds like, he hasn't officially been asked to return yet, but Matt has a good feeling he will be at some point in the future. I don't think anything's definite right now (although I really wish it would be). Jack is definitely a character needed back in Salem.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hopefully he returns alongside Ashley Benson when she makes her return as Abby. And if we aren't lucky enough to have Benson back, hopefully Jack just returns with an Abby. At this point, I don't care who it is, as long as they have chemistry with Darin Brooks. Abby is needed in Salem, and needs to get Max away from his niece. Paging Emily Montague!

Mason

I agree. Abby should be brought back too, and I'd certainly prefer Benson, but I'd accept a recast as well.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

It would be nice to have him back. But, Jack without Jen will just suck!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I want to see them test Jack without Jennifer. We've seen Jennifer go on without Jack on countless of times. Lets try Jack without Jennifer. Jack is a character that can stand on his own two feet, yet for some reason, TPTB doesn't believe this is possible.

King
Member Avatar

It's good for the show, but really, IMO, the magic with J&J has been long gone for years. No writer gets them.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

King
Aug 27 2007, 03:51 PM
It's good for the show, but really, IMO, the magic with J&J has been long gone for years. No writer gets them.

Beth Milstein did. Sure, she only had to write for them a few weeks, and pretty much wrote just their exit, but that last investigation that they did was classic Jack and Jennifer. And I always wanted to see Hogan write Jack without Jennifer. I wanted to see if Hogan would re-emerge Jack's dark side, something I've always wanted to see.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

DrewHamilton
Aug 27 2007, 02:48 PM
I want to see them test Jack without Jennifer. We've seen Jennifer go on without Jack on countless of times. Lets try Jack without Jennifer. Jack is a character that can stand on his own two feet, yet for some reason, TPTB doesn't believe this is possible.

I agree, I would like to see that too. Part of the reason I would like to see that is because I think Jennifer is so boring! I wonder how they would explain where she is though?

Mason

DrewHamilton

Agreed. Much as I love J&J, Jack is probably an even stronger character when he's not with Jennifer.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 27 2007, 03:54 PM
DrewHamilton

I agree, I would like to see that too. Part of the reason I would like to see that is because I think Jennifer is so boring! I wonder how they would explain where she is though?

Easy. Have Jennifer leave Jack (AGAIN!) for investing all of his time in the England paper. Yes, it's been used in the past, but it's what breaks J&J up and it's what makes things believable. Jack is a man that has trouble sorting his priorities. Yes, he loves his family, but he loves success just as much, if not more.

I don't want to see Jennifer kidnapped or killed. That's not the way to go with these two for sure.

King
Member Avatar

I'd love Jack and Billie! Even as partners or best friends or lovers, but they don't necessarily have to be romantic.

Mason

Ever since it was announced that Hogan would be the show's new HW last summer, I've always wanted to see him write Jack, so I'd be thrilled to no end if this turned out to be true (as long as it wasn't like a 2 day thing, like in April).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Oh , please let this happen.

I have wanted Hogan to write Jack since he arrived. I hope Abby returns too. I doubt Missy will return but, if they can get her, go for it. The show needs all the fans it can get and I think J&J could fit into story nicely.

If not, then pair Jack and Billie. I did it in my blog and I just see so much chemistry between Pinson and Ashford.

I hope this happens.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I like Ashford, but if DAYS only wants Jack with Jennifer I don't want Jack back. Yes, Jack would be great with Jenn but if Missy isn't going to come back then I want Jack alone for a good bit. I hate when people come back on DAYS its like they have to have someone. I am not against a Jack and Billie pairing, but damn the character of Billie loves getting in between supercouples like Bope and Steve/Kayla, and has the potential of coming between J&J. At least Pinson/Nichols/possibly JEL would have something to do if Matt were to return.

Mason

Oh, yes, I would LOVE a scene with all three of Jack, Steve and Adrienne together!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I love Jack, but i'd rather him not return at the moment, unless its for a short arc..There are already enough vets currently on the canvas that aren't getting airtime..John, Marlena, Anna, Kate, Billie, Victor, Maggie...why not just write for them, as opposed to spending more money to get MA back..

But on the flip side, this is the perfect story to have a reporting investigating the Dimera feud...

Mason

Good point, Kevc. What DAYS needs to do first is weed out all the dead weight (i.e. Jett, Jeremy, Stephanie, etc.) before bringing anyone back.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 27 2007, 05:57 PM
Good point, Kevc. What DAYS needs to do first is weed out all the dead weight (i.e. Jett, Jeremy, Stephanie, etc.) before bringing anyone back.

I agree Jett should only be a short term character, and should be gone after a few more months of coming between Nick and Chelsea..But i really don't think Jeremy and Stephanie should leave..I think Hogan just needs to fix the writing for these two, and Ed Scott needs to give them some coaching, and we could get some good stuff from them..Plus they both have strong ties to the main families on Days..

And like it or not, Days does need characters from every generation for the show to survive..

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

King
Aug 27 2007, 03:14 PM
I'd love Jack and Billie! Even as partners or best friends or lovers, but they don't necessarily have to be romantic.

I WANT THIS SO MUCH TOO!

It makes sense, they could be a really fun couple or another investigative team or just friends before it builds into something more, and it would be a coupling that would affect other characters if Abby comes back as well and resents Chelsea because of Chelsea's mom dating her dad. Even though Lucas as a Horton has never been fleshed out very much it would also give him something to do as Jen is his sister and thus he would have Jack switching to his other sister and probably not liking that much. Not to mention all it would do for Steve and Kayla and Adrienne, of course.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply