Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Matt Ashford to return?
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 01:19 PM (2,000 Views)
Sephora
Unregistered

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 28 2007, 02:48 PM
They can toy around with different couples, as long as the characters are right. Colin, Brandon, and Patrick were all horrible choices for Jennifer. Again, I'm a big J&J fan, but I'd accept a Jack and Billie pairing if we can't get Missy to come back.

I would disagree with that. Colin and Patrick could have been great for Jenn if written right. At the time I preferred Brandon with Sami so I didn't ever want him with Jenn. Fact is, however, the J/J fanbase was so vocal they killed any chance of Jenn being written well with anyone including Frankie when they brought him back.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Yeah, I mean, obviously having Jack without Jen wouldn't be the ideal situation, but I want Jack back so badly I'd (grudgingly) accept him without Jennifer.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think the best way to have Jack as a character by himself, if Missy won't come back, is put Jenn is a coma and then when and if Missy wants to return have her wake up. Done and done.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
Aug 28 2007, 03:10 PM
I think the best way to have Jack as a character by himself, if Missy won't come back, is put Jenn is a coma and then when and if Missy wants to return have her wake up. Done and done.

such a typical solution...

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxed Soul
Aug 28 2007, 02:12 PM
Amello

I know it is but it just works so well lol
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Amello
Aug 28 2007, 03:17 PM
Jinxed Soul
Amello

True. It has been successful the last 108,076,986 times :)

Sephora
Unregistered

Amello
Aug 28 2007, 03:17 PM
Jinxed Soul
Amello

On which show?
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

It doesn't really matter what they would do with Jen. This is DAYS. Someone would be complaining anyway, no matter what.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just break Jack and Jennifer up. Yes, there will be fan backlash, but it may not be as great with Jennifer off-screen. That's what happened when Missy Reeves returned in 2000. Fans were upset that Jennifer wasn't with Jack, but it was less of backlash than when they were actually both on the show and apart. I think seeing both characters everyday, with other people, makes fans upset. If we just had Jack, I think it will die down.

sungrey

I think if Missy was interviewed by SOD and she said "look, I'm happy here... I don't want to return to acting full-time" or something along those lines, it might carry some weight with the fans. After all, I'd find it hard to believe J&J fans would be up in arms if they knew Missy was not returning. I'd still try to recast Jen.

Strange as it may sound, fans might be able to accept a Jack affair if Missy WEREN'T playing Jen.

As for the one who said Shelle was over? Ah, bite your tongue. :lol:

Ridge
Member Avatar

Matt's last return with Abby was a big old bust IMO b/c it was a waste of his talent.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

....I hope he doesnt return. J&J should just stay in England.

Nothing against MA, but Days can barely write for the vets they currently have.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Nubia
Aug 28 2007, 09:46 PM

True. But, Jack is different from a lot of the others vets. He has a unique personality, and has never really been too involved in the police business and all. He always has his own side, which is neat.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Jinxed Soul
Aug 28 2007, 09:13 PM
Nubia
Aug 28 2007, 09:46 PM

True. But, Jack is different from a lot of the others vets. He has a unique personality, and has never really been too involved in the police business and all. He always has his own side, which is neat.

Well, I think that "uniqueness" and being on the fringe would actually work against him. Bope and J/M are only getting anytype of airtime due to their connection.

I cant see Days in its current state giving Jack his own storyline,

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I think a Jack and Abby return would be awesome where his focus goes towards saving his daughter from something. This could tie in smoothly since she is starting university now.

Sephora
Unregistered

Jinxed Soul
Aug 28 2007, 10:23 PM
I think a Jack and Abby return would be awesome where his focus goes towards saving his daughter from something. This could tie in smoothly since she is starting university now.

Haven't we had enough "saving" this summer? Let's get to some real stories, dump the idea of a college storyline, and get the adults working. Let's fight over business, be ruthless, but dump this "damsell in distress" crap. It's so overdone on this show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

August 30 -
Thanks to Jen for the heads up
The Matt Ashford Home Page posted an article from the Sacramento Bee in which Matt Ashford gave a recent interview about him currently staring as Thomas Jefferson in the play "1776." In the interview he talked about Jack, who he said is currently in England but will return! Hmmmm, is Jack on his way back to Salem? Back in June at Martha Madison and Brandon Beemer's fan event it was hinted that Ashley Benson could also be returning at some point as Abigail. Note though that there has been no official announcement of either character returning as of yet.

http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/rmill.html

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Matt as Jack YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dullsville, millstone Jen NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boring deadbeat Abby NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sephora
Aug 28 2007, 10:26 PM
Jinxed Soul
Aug 28 2007, 10:23 PM

Haven't we had enough "saving" this summer? Let's get to some real stories, dump the idea of a college storyline, and get the adults working. Let's fight over business, be ruthless, but dump this "damsell in distress" crap. It's so overdone on this show.

There were rumours prior to Abby's departure of Jack returning and saving her. There were countless speculations that the saving had to do with her new job. I really thought she was going into a career of selling her body or something. I would absolutely love to see Jack have to pull her out of something like that because its so outside of the Abby we know right now.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I think that was referring to the daughter of educated writers, Jack and Jen working as a greasemonkey in a garage.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply