Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 03:56 PM (2,458 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 28 2007, 02:55 PM
Christ, if PASSIONS could be this good all the time, it wouldn't have been cancelled by NBC in the first place!

LOL! I said the exact same thing to myself as they had that shot of Whitney hovering over Chad as he died.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daytimelvr
Member Avatar

Today's eppy rocked! All except for whiney Vincent. I had to change the channel towards the end of the show today during his scenes. "My grandfather loves me!" pffff...

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Div's Chad was great today, from fighting Big Al to heaving his last breath....I will miss him and wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Floved Lucy today, Luis was muy caliente with his sexy 'I love you' kisses to Fancy and making her tell him how much she loved him.

When did Vincent turn into Michael Jackson?

Fox and Esme, whaaaa? I didn't know they were a couple....I can take them, but not Vicki, she's a dead weight.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I'm kind of curious to know why Vicki doesn't speak to other people.

Loved the more in-depth look at Esme. I hated her when she first appeared last year and loved her when she returned. Just don't lose all her shallowness because that's what makes her so entertaining.

I don't know what to make of Vincent. I thought he was faking his mental breakdown but it seems he is indeed not running on all six cylinders. The Vincent/Spike scenes were great.

Loved how Luis overrode all of Fancy's objections with one "I love you" after another!

The Chad's death scenes were very good!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny, I'm inclined to think that Lighthouse thang isn't a set. If "Days" can't get an outdoor set, surely little ol' "Passions" can't get one!

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 28 2007, 02:55 PM
Christ, if PASSIONS could be this good all the time, it wouldn't have been cancelled by NBC in the first place!

But to play Devil's advocate, would we ever know what a payoff was if things were great all the time? The lull, one might argue, makes it that much more sweet.

(PLEASE don't listen to me, JER!)
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I thought Chad's shooting was kind of funny. Chad collapsed like twenty seconds later and was talking pretty well for being shot in the chest, and Whitney, helloooo delayed reaction much? LOL.

And Poor Ethan is sitting there dying for two episodes?? Hahaha.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Maybe I'm the only one, but I was really sad to see Chad go. I think the current Chad is the best one, certainly the best looking. I've always enjoyed Chad and Whitney and the story with Vincent has been excellent.

I think it's sad that Passions was always known for it's diversity, but it's not utilizing it's minority actors. IMO Paloma, Simone, Pilar, Whitney (post-gay story) and Eve have all been marginalized. Then you have Liz and TC who are MIA. With JER's super slow pace, it would serve him well to tell more stories thus utilizing the cast and diverting attention away from the snails pace.

Chad's death reminds me of the exit of Precious, the best character to ever grace Harmony. And certainly one of the best actors!

RIP Chad :(

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I was TOTALLY shocked when Chad died!!!!! How did I miss that spoiler?!!?!?!?!?!?! I was sitting there watching television with my mouth wide open. I....I'm....I'm speechless!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Ok something is wrong with me because that was good.

Chad's death actually made me teary-eyed. Yeah, he was a little overboard with it, but Whitney and the hair, and Lindsay Hartley, and even Rebecca looking upset in the background...and the background music supportive of the scene...beautiful.

However, I would argue that Passions never could be this good without cancellation because the only reason the death had impact was because it's pretty permanent. At least for those of us who can't hop over to DirecTV.

The other stuff- whatever. Pretty freakin' dark show, overall. Esme might actually work out as a full-time character, which I didn't imagine happening.

Good on Passions. They even managed not to mix the circus episode with Chad's death.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Poor Vicki :( Her parents died and she's all alone except for Esme.

I agree px, I wasn't sure how Esme was going to be a front burner charcater because she was so dumb, but today was good character development. She is stil ditzy, but now half as bad as she used to be.

I never thought I like Chad, but now that he's dead, I'm going to miss him.

Vincent planting one on Spike was hilarious and sad all at the same time. Vinny is sick and needs major help.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

King
Aug 28 2007, 03:51 PM
I thought Chad's shooting was kind of funny. Chad collapsed like twenty seconds later and was talking pretty well for being shot in the chest, and Whitney, helloooo delayed reaction much? LOL.

I thought the same thing, and was laughing at the way Chad finally fell after he got shot..........

The outside shot of Tabby's house with the Directv satellite attached on the roof makes me....... :lol:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Oh and a bit off topic here I know, but those god damned Zwinky commercials are back.......

:angry:

Mason
Member Avatar

They have the DirecTV satellite on the Crane mansion too.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

OMG, I am so slow....the headless dude is Adrian Zmed!!

Am I the only one unmoved by Twitney's 'grieving'? A case of too little, too late, bitch.

And here it is....the redeeming of Sheridumbass! Since when did she give a shit about Vincent to want to help him? And Phillip, please take it down a notch with the pussiness, it is getting annoying.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

And here it is....the redeeming of Sheridumbass! Since when did she give a shit about Vincent to want to help him?

Uh.... keep watching!! :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sweetbabygirl
Aug 28 2007, 03:37 PM
Div's Chad was great today, from fighting Big Al to heaving his last breath....I will miss him and wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Floved Lucy today, Luis was muy caliente with his sexy 'I love you' kisses to Fancy and making her tell him how much she loved him.

When did Vincent turn into Michael Jackson?

Fox and Esme, whaaaa? I didn't know they were a couple....I can take them, but not Vicki, she's a dead weight.

I couldn't disagree (passionately) with that last statement more.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vicki.

In 1999, it was Timmy. He was the original character or the unique character that helped make the cast of characters more diverse.

In 2007, how fitting to start the show off on DirecTV with ANOTHER special character. Vicki, the girl who doesn't even TALK! But isn't deaf. And can talk. Why does she do this? What is her agenda? Perhaps silence conceals evil or mischief, not the innocence we'd assume of this one. Something is off about her. Esme told fox the truth about her parents; the bitch didn't even flinch!

I give Vicki my 2007 award for "Most Intriguing Passions character."

LONG LIVE VICKI!!!

Hip, hip, HOOORAY!! Hip, hip, HOOORAAAAY!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Aug 28 2007, 03:51 PM

My comment is related to that, and my pet peeve with soaps in general.

First of all, you're right -- poor Ethan.

But what about those EMTs?! They were slow as FUCK! They wouldn't have been so polite to Theresa when they asked her to move out of the way. They wouldn't have moved with such grace. When a life is at sake, it's GO! GO! GO!!!

I swear, if you weren't exposed to this sort of thing and watched ER for SIX SECONDS (which, I should hope anyone in the TV profession has), or any hospital show for that matter, you'd know that those day players did a HORRENDOUS job. And I find shame with the director for not pushing them to do better.

Everything else about those scenes was flawless. Too bad the dayplayers FUCKED IT UP!!!#%#$%%#$%#$%%^#&#$%56

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

into_the_skyline
Aug 28 2007, 06:43 PM
Maybe I'm the only one, but I was really sad to see Chad go. I think the current Chad is the best one, certainly the best looking. I've always enjoyed Chad and Whitney and the story with Vincent has been excellent.

I think it's sad that Passions was always known for it's diversity, but it's not utilizing it's minority actors. IMO Paloma, Simone, Pilar, Whitney (post-gay story) and Eve have all been marginalized. Then you have Liz and TC who are MIA. With JER's super slow pace, it would serve him well to tell more stories thus utilizing the cast and diverting attention away from the snails pace.

Chad's death reminds me of the exit of Precious, the best character to ever grace Harmony. And certainly one of the best actors!

RIP Chad :(

into trust me: you're NOT the only one sad about Chad.

For once (right), a MAIN "Passions" character, one who's been with us for the long haul, since '99, has passed on. It IS sad. I didn't cry, but I was emotional.

And even if you didn't like Chad (and I wasn't too fond of Divins' portrayal but I must admit, the final haircut he had just MADE the character, in his incarnation, for the first time; not to mention his great down-low story), could you REALLY take pleasure in Whitney's suffering? Whitney, the likable tennis champ portrayed by a likable and beautiful performer, Brook Kerr?

I can't, in good conscious, take pleasure out of Whitney's pain.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

px780
Aug 28 2007, 08:06 PM
Ok something is wrong with me because that was good.

Chad's death actually made me teary-eyed. Yeah, he was a little overboard with it, but Whitney and the hair, and Lindsay Hartley, and even Rebecca looking upset in the background...and the background music supportive of the scene...beautiful.

However, I would argue that Passions never could be this good without cancellation because the only reason the death had impact was because it's pretty permanent. At least for those of us who can't hop over to DirecTV.

The other stuff- whatever. Pretty freakin' dark show, overall. Esme might actually work out as a full-time character, which I didn't imagine happening.

Good on Passions. They even managed not to mix the circus episode with Chad's death.

What I like about these episodes is that in everything -- EVERYTHING -- you can feel the finality.

Even though the show's not ending, and is only ending on NBC, I APPLAUD JER for bringing such urgency and action in these final Peacock episodes. People who are spoiler-free really have to wonder who's going to die, what's really going to happen.

In fact, all these death threats are making me wonder something.

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME.

Does anyone think that perhaps JER's using his alternate cancellation plan, and is using the same stories, obviously tweaked, as he would have if this were REALLY the end?

INTRIGUE time:

What if Chad died, but not just him: what if, in that scene with Sheridan vowing to protect Vincent, even if Spike had to shoot her, would have ended with Spike shooting BOTH of them at the same time and through the heart, and they plunged to their deaths off the cliff? What if Spike lost his footing and then fell off the cliff as well?

WHAT IF ETHAN REALLY WAS MEANT TO DIE AFTER EATING THE STRAWBERRIES?!!! :o :o :o

What if, because of that, Theresa made good on her promise and killed Gwen?

What if, because of THAT, Rebecca then killed Theresa?

And then, what if Pilar went crazy and killed REBECCA?!!! :o :o :o

Pilar in jail, eight bodies in bags (that's the count, right?) and even more evil in Harmony would occur to truly have things go out with a bang!

Because from where I'm standing, there are TOO many death threats right now, and with things situated as they are, if this were a "real" ending, it'd be the perfect way to destroy Harmony -- and the show -- in a delightfully, though morbid, way.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply