Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 03:56 PM (2,508 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Rhiannon
Aug 29 2007, 01:04 PM
King
Aug 28 2007, 03:51 PM
I thought Chad's shooting was kind of funny. Chad collapsed like twenty seconds later and was talking pretty well for being shot in the chest, and Whitney, helloooo delayed reaction much? LOL.

And Poor Ethan is sitting there dying for two episodes?? Hahaha.

I thought the same thing, and was laughing at the way Chad finally fell after he got shot..........

The outside shot of Tabby's house with the Directv satellite attached on the roof makes me....... :lol:

I REALLY have to wonder (and get scared a little, for all our great sets' sake), whether they'll continue that when they move to DTV.

This may mean NONE of the sets will survive. Because, for continuity's sake, it would be too hard to just have everyone in Harmony stop subscribing to DirecTV, all at once. From a marketing standpoint, it wouldn't make sense to end the product placement there since they would then be ON DirecTV.

Which means one of two things will happen: the sets will stay and the exterior shots with the dish on their homes will too (which will get OLD really fast; now it's still a cute gimmick); or ALL our sets are ruined somehow in a big finale on NBC; hence why there'll be no dishes on the exterior shots for DirecTV.

OH, DEAR GOD!! WHAT WILL HAPPEN?!!! :( :(:(
Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

JERSoapsFan, your posts are amazing! They make me laugh.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

nass, thanks.

I just wish people post as often as I do (or did, there) about this show. DISCUSSIONS are great; I'm not so fond of single posts, though. My dream would be to have a sit-down "Passions" discussion and dinner club; at least one per county.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

JSF, lemme just say this. If every soap fan had as much passion (no pun intended) and fervor as you do...well, soaps probably wouldn't be in quite as much trouble. :D

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

You've got to hand it to JSF. He kept the faith and stayed positive about this show when the rest of us were ready to just say, "Cancel the dreck already."

Looks like he was right! Now Passions is must-see TV and this will only help their move to DirecTV! :hail:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

OneBadKitty
Aug 29 2007, 06:20 PM
You've got to hand it to JSF. He kept the faith and stayed positive about this show when the rest of us were ready to just say, "Cancel the dreck already."

Love JSF, totally disagree. Absent cancellation we wouldn't be getting this stuff. Well, we might- 5 years from now- but for Chad to go from the floor to the morgue in less than one episode? Ridiculous! So, y'know, props to those who wanted cancellation (um, those wanting cancellation based on the show's quality, not based on the old Passions killed AW thing).

They aren't even trying with Gwen's secret anymore, and I'm loving the way it's playing with Ethan. Doesn't he still have a daughter with Theresa?

Also, I'm really glad Divins smiled through his scenes today, on the floor and slab. Really helped me not get too invested in Brook Kerr & Her Hair (I love them both and will miss them).

I wonder if they would've killed all the characters except maybe Pilar as a real finale. That would've...rocked, actually.

And as to the dayplayer EMTs ruining the scene: I thought that was more Passions than anything else that happened today. Crappy extras is a staple of the show (they have to be crappy so as not to upstage some of the cast members).

Ooh- almost forgot Sheridan and her magical strength. Way to be, Sheridan! Defeating gravity like that.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I love JSF's posts too.

I gotta admit I'm loving Passions these days.

Deleted User
Deleted User

OneBadKitty
Aug 29 2007, 08:20 PM

Looks like he was right! Now Passions is must-see TV and this will only help their move to DirecTV! :hail:

Aw, thanks.

I also sort of agree with px. The cancellation helped moved things along, lol.

But I'm just glad that the incredible brand will live on.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

px780
Aug 29 2007, 08:54 PM
OneBadKitty
Aug 29 2007, 06:20 PM

Love JSF, totally disagree. Absent cancellation we wouldn't be getting this stuff. Well, we might- 5 years from now- but for Chad to go from the floor to the morgue in less than one episode? Ridiculous! So, y'know, props to those who wanted cancellation (um, those wanting cancellation based on the show's quality, not based on the old Passions killed AW thing).

They aren't even trying with Gwen's secret anymore, and I'm loving the way it's playing with Ethan. Doesn't he still have a daughter with Theresa?

Also, I'm really glad Divins smiled through his scenes today, on the floor and slab. Really helped me not get too invested in Brook Kerr & Her Hair (I love them both and will miss them).

I wonder if they would've killed all the characters except maybe Pilar as a real finale. That would've...rocked, actually.

And as to the dayplayer EMTs ruining the scene: I thought that was more Passions than anything else that happened today. Crappy extras is a staple of the show (they have to be crappy so as not to upstage some of the cast members).

Ooh- almost forgot Sheridan and her magical strength. Way to be, Sheridan! Defeating gravity like that.

:o :o :o

OMG, px, you wondered that too?!!!

Did you see my post?! I have a theory that JER intended to kill off a LOT of characters, with a different version of the current stories playing out. It's just too amazing how the majority of the cast is set up, at this point, for destruction. Miguel's going mad, eight bodies could easily be bagged based on grudges and murder-for-hire (and if TC ever came back, THAT philosophy still needs to be fulfilled) and then Pilar could have gone crazy and killed the rest. It would certainly be non-stop shocks and hella entertaining.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

JERSoapsFan
Aug 29 2007, 06:44 PM
it wouldn't make sense to end the product placement there since they would then be ON DirecTV.

um, how do you figure? The only way you're watching Passions is on DirecTV. They've already got you.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Brook Kerr was horrible today, those scenes were completely phoned in. And the pacing of the episode didn't help portray Whitney as a grieving widdow. Scene 1: "please please take him to the ICU. You can revive him!" Scene 2: "Oh sweetie(Theresa), Chad's dead . He's in the morgue" ......... horrible.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Drew
Aug 29 2007, 11:23 PM
Brook Kerr was horrible today, those scenes were completely phoned in. And the pacing of the episode didn't help portray Whitney as a grieving widdow. Scene 1: "please please take him to the ICU. You can revive him!" Scene 2: "Oh sweetie(Theresa), Chad's dead . He's in the morgue" ......... horrible.

Brook def phoned it in the last few days she taped LOL

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Also

I think Vicki is an evil little pixie. Maybe she killed her mom and dad?

She gives me the Heebie-jeebies (But I like it)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Aug 29 2007, 10:19 PM
JERSoapsFan
Aug 29 2007, 06:44 PM
it wouldn't make sense to end the product placement there since they would then be ON DirecTV.

um, how do you figure? The only way you're watching Passions is on DirecTV. They've already got you.

No, I get what you mean, Drew. I just meant, like, the way "Days" uses GE products and makes it a point to say that in the credits.

But I see what you mean.

That being said, they would have to write it in. It's just too noticeable to have conspicuous dish products there one episode, then have them vanish FOREVER, without explanation, in the next.

Which leads me to the theory (that scares the SHIT out of me) that all the sets will be destroyed somehow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Rick
Aug 29 2007, 10:40 PM
Also

I think Vicki is an evil little pixie. Maybe she killed her mom and dad?

She gives me the Heebie-jeebies (But I like it)

I agree, Rick.

I am AAAAAAAAAAAALL about Vicki.

There's more than meets the eye with that little bitch. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

JERSoapsFan
Aug 29 2007, 08:16 PM
OMG, px, you wondered that too?!!!

Did you see my post?! I have a theory that JER intended to kill off a LOT of characters, with a different version of the current stories playing out. It's just too amazing how the majority of the cast is set up, at this point, for destruction. Miguel's going mad, eight bodies could easily be bagged based on grudges and murder-for-hire (and if TC ever came back, THAT philosophy still needs to be fulfilled) and then Pilar could have gone crazy and killed the rest. It would certainly be non-stop shocks and hella entertaining.

I was trying to respond to your post, actually, but am really tired and, um, my brain is gone. If'n this is the way it was supposed to end for real, that makes the Kay's Magic storyline a better fit. Right now it's kind of light, but if she accidentally killed Miguel it would be just as twisted and dark as Chad getting shot and other stuff upcoming.

Bless you for remembering that TC is supposed to kill someone. Seriously. That should have happened.

That mention of Vicki maybe having killed her parents...that would be neat. Rethinking that convo between Fox and Esme, though, how did Esme get from "Vicki whispers because..." to "she doesn't know it but her parents are dead."

Hey wait a sec. If Alistair was behind Vincent, and Vincent was the one who raped Fancy like 800 times...what's his motive there, when the only one he wanted to come back and retrieve was Fancy? Or was Fancy raped 800 times by someone else?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Great question about Fance's rapes.

But here's MY WTF moment that I forgot to mention.

I HATED Ethan's reaction to Tess' confession. (Yeah, I still call her Tess, even though Jared's out of the pic and he called her that; gotta problem?)

Let's think: from what we've been told, Ethan and Gwen had been together since the sandbox or something like that. That means he only EVER had sex with Gwen and Tess. Now, he's seen BOTH these ladies the whole time he's been with them. That is, he hasn't been absent from EITHER for more than nine months.

Wouldn't you think his reaction, even in a coma or whatever state he's in, would be, "What the FUCK?! I have a son?! How is that possible?! continue on, Theresa..." instead of "I have a son? I must live for my son..."

FUCKING

WEAK.

NOT buying it. BAD WRITING, dialogue writers! You suck so hard it isn't even funny. It's just ANNOYING.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Oy, Brooke Kerr, OY!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OK this is kind of random, but I (ok and like 60 other people, most of them rabid James Scott fans) chatted with Adrian Bellani tonight and I'm still kind of amazed that happened. :lol: He's such a cutie, I'm gonna miss him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Aug 30 2007, 12:15 AM
OK this is kind of random, but I (ok and like 60 other people, most of them rabid James Scott fans) chatted with Adrian Bellani tonight and I'm still kind of amazed that happened. :lol: He's such a cutie, I'm gonna miss him.

Wow...sounds interesting.

What did he say?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply