Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PSNS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Aug. 27
Topic Started: Aug 27 2007, 03:56 PM (2,417 Views)
nassaunew

Phoenix, have you been watching the recent episodes of Passions?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nassaunew

Rick
Aug 29 2007, 10:39 PM
Drew
Aug 29 2007, 11:23 PM
Brook Kerr was horrible today, those scenes were completely phoned in.  And the pacing of the episode didn't help portray Whitney as a grieving widdow.  Scene 1: "please please take him to the ICU.  You can revive him!"  Scene 2: "Oh sweetie(Theresa), Chad's dead .  He's in the morgue"  ......... horrible.

Brook def phoned it in the last few days she taped LOL

Brook has been phoning it in since the end of Vendetta.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 30 2007, 12:18 AM
IMissAremid
Aug 30 2007, 12:15 AM
OK this is kind of random, but I (ok and like 60 other people, most of them rabid James Scott fans) chatted with Adrian Bellani tonight and I'm still kind of amazed that happened. :lol: He's such a cutie, I'm gonna miss him.

Wow...sounds interesting.

What did he say?

It was mostly kind of random.

Adrian just showed up to this weekly chat for the results in the Adonis contest at Soaphunks. He had a webcam though so after the results were announced (Adrian and James Scott are the final two... Eric Martsolf was eliminated) he hung out for at least a half hour afterward just to shoot the shit with those of us who were there for the chat.

He was a very good sport throughout the whole thing even proposing marriage to the soaphunks admin guy who's in love with him and tricking him into taking off his shirt which was pretty funny.

He didn't have any big revelations about anything. Just made it sound like he is pretty much never coming back to Passions and probably not soaps at all if he can help it and that no matter what he wants to stay in LA. Talked about reading some scripts. Told us some random stuff about the show like how annoying the mermaid stuff was and explained how the scenes with Endorra can be really complicated because the actors don't know what is going in Endorra's thought bubble but there's someone off screen giving her prompts. He talked about how weird it is and how it's hard/annoying sometimes to play Miguel because he's such a retard about all the witches and stuff around him.

Overall though he was just very funny and unassuming. I came away impressed and hadn't really given that much thought to Adrian before.

And if any of you are huge Adrian fans I think he is coming back next week for the finale. He promised the admin he'd take his shirt off on his webcam if he won.
:lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today wasn't too bad and yesterday, which I failed to comment on, was great. I still can't believe the way Al shot Chad. The way he fell was stupid though. No one just stands up like that and then falls after being shot. Kerr was great yesterday and I loved seeing Rebecca and Gwen affected by what happened. Luis/Fancy was good yesterday too and Vincent/Spike was entertaining. The whole show had a dark tone to it and, rightfully so. I'm glad they kept the magic stuff out of it because a show like yesterday needed a dark tone and feel.

Back to today's, I liked the Ethan drama and Gwen's admitting she still loves Ethan followed by her leaving to get to her "other man" pretty much cemented what her secret is IMO.

The magic stuff is fun but also getting old. We need to see some maturation in Kay. She should be improving somewhat by now. Love Edna and Norma, as well as Tabby and Endora. Nice nod to history with the floating head. I always liked him. He's fun and added more entertainment to the show. Hope to see more of him.

I liked the whole Sheridan/Vincent/Spike escape thing and the cliffhanger with Sheridan holding on to both of them is very good. I also like Spike using Marty as a bargaining chip (FYI: it's so obvious Beth will be back with Marty, Al, and Edna all back already). However, last week Vincent tried to kill Sheridan. Last week Sheridan was still in bitch mode as well. HOW AND WHY IN THE HELL DID SHE CHANGE HER MIND AND ALL OF A SUDDEN BECOME A GOOD AUNT TO VINCENT?! I felt like a missed some scenes where Sheridan had a change of heart. She didn't give a flip about him last week and, after a few days of not seeing her, she turns up caring for him and risking her life for him after he nearly killed her? Wow...however, I will say the acting by all was good in those scenes. I also have a feeling my theory is right and Al put a chip in Sheridan's brain to control her. That would explain why she is all over the place and how we sometimes see a glimpse of the real Sheridan, like today. It's one thing to make a character bad but she has been a mess and I think JER is going to explain everything she did away somehow so Sheridan and Fancy can be on equal footing for Luis so I can see the brain chip thing happening. We'll see.

Now, I already mentioned what I liked and disliked about the Chad stuff yesterday but today it was a total mess. Lindsey showed more emotion then Brook. Hell, Andrea and Liza did as well. Brook wasn't bad yesterday but today she was dreadful. It all seemed so forced and screechy. The little montage was great but the whole thing felt rushed. Her denial in the beginning was fine but we never even saw her finally accept the truth mentally. She just showed up at the hospital and had already come to terms. Lame. The extras sucked too but that is a Passions staple I guess. I was just very disappointed in these scenes and very disappointed in Brook. She bombed big time during the Chad reveal in May and she bombed again in what could've been her huge moment. A shame. She has proven her talent but her last 2 big chances to prove herself she has flopped.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

nassaunew
Aug 30 2007, 12:44 AM
Rick
Drew
Brook Kerr was horrible today, those scenes were completely phoned in.  And the pacing of the episode didn't help portray Whitney as a grieving widdow.  Scene 1: "please please take him to the ICU.  You can revive him!"  Scene 2: "Oh sweetie(Theresa), Chad's dead .  He's in the morgue"  ......... horrible.

Never thought of that but she really has. Good point.

IMA...thanks for that. Interesting. I got the feeling he was done with soaps. He seems to be sick of the genre and he seems turned off by the things he did on Passions. Oh well. No loss IMO :lol:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Aug 30 2007, 12:57 AM
nassaunew
Aug 30 2007, 12:44 AM
Rick
Drew

Never thought of that but she really has. Good point.

IMA...thanks for that. Interesting. I got the feeling he was done with soaps. He seems to be sick of the genre and he seems turned off by the things he did on Passions. Oh well. No loss IMO :lol:

Well just so that his comments don't get taken out of context, he was actually quite positive about Passions and the genre itself and talked about GH being his favorite soap and even talked about watching DOOL at the gym earlier today, but the sense I got from him talking about his future was more a thing of him trying to expand his horizons.

Like his comments about Miguel being a retard or the siren stuff being silly weren't like him bitter or bitching about what he had to do like it was beneath him or making fun of Passions, but more him just being irreverent and funny about a show that he knows is a guilty pleasure for a lot of people.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ah, got ya IMA.

Makes sense. It was great that he spoke with you.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Poor Miguel......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alistair was creeping me out when he was watching Fancy and Luis make love....... :puke:

nassaunew

Pretty is officially the most useless character on the show.

King
Member Avatar

She is. And I really think she is going to develop an obsessive crush on Luis out of revenge on Fance, which will mean literally EVERY Crane by blood will have fallen for Luis - Sheridan, Beth, Fancy, and Pretty.

Alsooooo, if Eve blames Sheridan, then that's stupid. She should be blaming HERSELF or JULIAN, who did pretty much nothing to day to help but scream and act really foolishly.

But it really was awesome how Sher Sher let him go and grabbed Spike. And then Eve screaming!! Eeek!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Today, I was really touched just by looking at Lindsay in that shiny green shirt. I mean, it really took me back. When the show premiered, this girl still had baby-fat cheeks and looked like a little girl herself in Theresa's trashy capri pants and loud colors.

Thanks to "Passions," we saw Lindsay Korman not only transform from Lindsay Korman to Lindsay Hartley, we saw this GIRL become a WOMAN.

And I think that's just a beautiful, scary thing.

Thanks, "Passions."
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Word, JSF. It's been cool seeing Lindsay Korman transform like this. She really anchors the show.

Another word to whoever else was creeped out by Alistair and Pretty watching Luis & Fancy. Why do people like Fancy, Pretty? Maybe because she's not a whiny bitch like you are! Irritating, that one is.

Maybe there's more than one Sheridan out there?

I can't wait to find out Gwen's secret. Everytime they tell Ethan he has a son then leave out the "Little Ethan is that son" part I giggle, because I love the idea of this triangle extending on forever.

Also, I realized today why I like Reilly: he always gives a character for different fanbases to relate to. With all the E/T stuff you still have Rebecca there talking about how it's all bullshit. It's nice to have both sides of things.

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

Let the ruin of Esme begin....I love sloppy, scatterbrained Esme, but Esme with a heart? Boooooringgggggggg!! And please get Vicki off my screen ASAP, she's as dull as watching cat litter clump!

(Writes letter)....

Dear Tracey Ross:

I know that years ago, you won the Star Search Actress Award....will you now admit that you blew a judge to win, because what I saw today does was too pitiful! Making ugly faces and overdramatizing is not acting, 'kay?

Regards,
SBG

(ETA...I forgot, Tracey actually won for the Model Award, not the Actress. Still, remember Cindy Crawford doing that movie with Billy Baldwin? 'Nuff said)

So, all of a sudden Sheridumbass feels sorry for 'poor Vincent'? Idiot, this he/she cut your stupid neck last week....what the hell is wrong with you?

Shitty was beyond pathetic today with Big Al....he was funny with his inner comment when she hugged him.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I laughed at Tracey's Ross performance today. It could have been miles better with a more seasoned actress because the dialogue was quite good.

Can I say just how much I'm loving the whole Alistair/Fancy/Pretty dynamic? I really am.

Pilar was so catty today I loved it!

daytimelvr
Member Avatar

MichaelGL
Aug 31 2007, 03:31 PM

Oh I know!! I loved it. I just kept saying "punch her, Pilar". God that would have been good! lol

Deleted User
Deleted User

MichaelGL
Aug 31 2007, 03:31 PM
I laughed at Tracey's Ross performance today. It could have been miles better with a more seasoned actress because the dialogue was quite good.

Can I say just how much I'm loving the whole Alistair/Fancy/Pretty dynamic? I really am.

OMG, you did too? I laughed at TR during the bar scene. When she cried in Julian's chest. HILARIOUS! Although, in her defense, I have to wonder if DTV wants the show to ham up more and really milk the show's camp factor for all its worth. (Just a guess, I have nothing to go on). I think she can do better than that. I mean, that was almost DELIBERATELY a Mad TV sketch.
Quote Post Goto Top

bwilsonwriter

Interesting week indeed....

As much as Eve isn't perfect or an angel her reaction is understandable and unless you in her shoes or a mother you cant relate. But I love it when Eve smacked Sherbitch cuz I don't like her even before she deliberately let my Vinnie go.

Still doesn't matter though because Phillip Jeanmarie is going to DTV and Vincent is very popular character on the other boards and he is fablious. People were upset at Sheridan for awhile but calm down some when it said in SOW he goes to DTV so it is all good.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Passions was BETTER and alot more entertaining than DrOOL.

As usual.

Kenny
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Sep 1 2007, 01:27 AM

As usual.

Really? Passions doesn't have Kristian Alfonso.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Sep 1 2007, 07:19 AM
KristianFanForever
Sep 1 2007, 01:27 AM

As usual.

Really? Passions doesn't have Kristian Alfonso.

But it does have Lindsay Hartley. And a brand of camp and crowd-pleasing weirdness that no other soap can claim. Which, for those who enjoy that kind of thing, find HUGELY entertaining and would kick any other soap in its proverbial pants!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply