Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD Spoilers & News
Topic Started: Aug 29 2007, 12:16 PM (2,102 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This week is DAYS light. There is no feature story in this issue, just an article about Drake Hogestyn.

DAYS: Drake Hogestyn Fired?

No, but that's the backstage buzz at the studio after a storyline that could spell the end of John Black appeared in advance scripts. Word then spread that Hogestyn whose contract expires at the end of the year, is on the chopping black. "Everybody at the set is talking about it," says an indider. But it appears that rumors of his exit have been greatly exaggerated. "We can assure you that Drake Hogestyn has not been let go," say a show spokesperson. "John Black is an important asset to Days of Our Lives and will take part in a mysterious and exciting story ahead."

Spoilers

On Thursday, September 6, Colleeen and Santo finally lose their inhibitions. "It's a good way to tell their story which you can't with Sami and EJ, says James Scott (EJ/Santo). It's very romantic and I quite enjoy telling it."...On Friday, September 7, Rawlings forces Max and Stephanie to take drastic measures.

Tony plots with the Bradys against Stefano.

Colleen and Santo share a night of firsts.

Jett tells Chelsea how he really feels.

Jeremy gets busted.

Interesting recaps specualtion

While keeping a vigil with Lexie at Benjy's bedside, Kayla vows that if Benjy dies, she'll make sure Stefano dies, too.

http://groups.msn.com/SecondChancesTheLUMI...637377176461346
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I for one do not want Drake to be fired or let go..He's been an integral part of the show for far too long to suddenly leave...I've watched since 87, and he's one of the very few that has stayed on the show the entire time..

I know some don't like his character or acting, but its hard to argue with his popularity...And Days needs all the help they can get right now to stay afloat in the ratings...

Mason
Member Avatar

Regardless of how you feel about Drake, you have to realize how important he is for the wellbeing of the show, particularly now of all times. They'd only be shooting themselves in the foot if they fired him.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 29 2007, 03:01 PM
Regardless of how you feel about Drake, you have to realize how important he is for the wellbeing of the show, particularly now of all times. They'd only be shooting themselves in the foot if they fired him.

Thank you! ITA!

Yes, Deidre Hall is probably the more popular of the two, but there will be no J&M without Drake, and that will send fans into an uproar.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't really care one way or the other when it comes to Drake. I don't dislike him or John, but I HATE John & Marlena together. They really need to tone down their scenes together a lot. The kissing, moaning, etc is not good. That is what has turned me off from both of them.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Aug 29 2007, 05:10 PM
I don't really care one way or the other when it comes to Drake. I don't dislike him or John, but I HATE John & Marlena together. They really need to tone down their scenes together a lot. The kissing, moaning, etc is not good. That is what has turned me off from both of them.

I completely agree with everything you said. However, I can't imagine the two of them with anyone else. They need more drama in their storylines.

King
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 29 2007, 12:16 PM

First DEATH!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I hope that my story for Drake is the one that will be played out. It would be super and give John and Marlena more footing for realistic stories. I don't particularly enjoy John with Marlena, but maybe my story would take that in a different direction, too. Time will tell.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Aug 29 2007, 06:56 PM
Angie79
Aug 29 2007, 12:16 PM

First DEATH!

LOL! No joke! :lol:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

On Thursday, September 6, Colleeen and Santo finally lose their inhibitions. "It's a good way to tell their story which you can't with Sami and EJ, says James Scott (EJ/Santo). It's very romantic and I quite enjoy telling it."

No, James. No it's not a good way to tell the story you can't tell with Sami & EJ. Because if you can't tell it with Sami and EJ (and, really, the easily could have) it might not need to be told.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Drake isn't fired? Imagine that ;)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Rick
Aug 29 2007, 11:53 PM
Drake isn't fired? Imagine that ;)

My thoughts exactly, Rick.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

This exciting and mysterious story has my interest peaked.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

They also said the same thing about Matt Ashford and fired him a week later. They didn't spoil the deaths in Fall previews so why would they come out and announce John's death now?

In last week's SOD, Corday hinted at a stunning climax to the feud story in November that would be "the best string of shows they have ever done." I still think John is going to get killed off. The writing is on the wall. He has barely been on and it's almost like they are phasing him out already. Part of me thinks they are trying to force him to quit so they can save face. He already had that "Last Mission" thing and his contract is up soon so it wouldn't surprise me if he walked in response to still being backburnered.

We'll see. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this yet.

The spoilers sound decent though.

King
Member Avatar

I'd love it if John died! It'd be the first time DAYS shocked me in so long.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm with Phoenix. John's dead. Drake has been fired.

Here's the kicker:

"We can assure you that Drake Hogestyn has not been let go,""

Read between the lines. That can mean anything. He has not "been let go" means many things, including, 'He has not been forced to leave the set due to his job being terminated."

That quote means nothing.

I'm not saying I want it. But it's spin. That's all.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Aug 29 2007, 11:43 PM

I agree. I love the vets too and, at one time, liked Drake. However, I am sick of soaps, including Days, being limited in storytelling.

"He can't go because he's a vet."

"He's got too big a fanbase to go."

"There will be mega backlash if he goes."

So? Whatever happened to taking risks. Whatever happened to doing whatever it takes to get quality drama? Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. The drama killing John could spawn off is limitless and it would create an atmosphere at Days that anyone can go. It creates bigger suspense factor and also would put an epic touch on this story.

I know Days is in trouble and can't afford to lose fans but I honestly think the J&M fans are gone already. Days can still hold on to Marlena fans and give her a great story and, getting rid of Drake frees up a load of cash that can be used on keeping other big characters and vets. I would rather Drake go then Lauren. I would also rather see Drake go rather then seeing Suzanne and Peggy taking off contract. one heavyhitter going so others can stay or perhaps return is a good thing IMO, especially when the heavyhitter at issue here is one that tends to phone it in alot.

We'll see but I still think he is gone. The signs are there and this response is almost like a carbon copy of the responses Days used to give Matt Ashford rumors and we all know what happened there.

King
Member Avatar

Yeah. He's been backburnered long enough now that the impact wouldn't be as huge now as it once was.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The "exciting and mysterious" story probably isn't a new story at all, but instead just some part of the current Brady/DiMera feud story. Some side story... not one of his own.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Aug 30 2007, 01:05 AM
King
Aug 29 2007, 11:43 PM

I agree. I love the vets too and, at one time, liked Drake. However, I am sick of soaps, including Days, being limited in storytelling.

"He can't go because he's a vet."

"He's got too big a fanbase to go."

"There will be mega backlash if he goes."

So? Whatever happened to taking risks. Whatever happened to doing whatever it takes to get quality drama? Sometimes difficult decisions have to be made. The drama killing John could spawn off is limitless and it would create an atmosphere at Days that anyone can go. It creates bigger suspense factor and also would put an epic touch on this story.

I know Days is in trouble and can't afford to lose fans but I honestly think the J&M fans are gone already. Days can still hold on to Marlena fans and give her a great story and, getting rid of Drake frees up a load of cash that can be used on keeping other big characters and vets. I would rather Drake go then Lauren. I would also rather see Drake go rather then seeing Suzanne and Peggy taking off contract. one heavyhitter going so others can stay or perhaps return is a good thing IMO, especially when the heavyhitter at issue here is one that tends to phone it in alot.

We'll see but I still think he is gone. The signs are there and this response is almost like a carbon copy of the responses Days used to give Matt Ashford rumors and we all know what happened there.

Okay, if that's your way of thinking, lets kill off Maggie, Caroline and Granpda Shawn in this vendetta storyline. Hell, while we're at it, just kill of Victor as well. Want to reallly shock the audience and give them something they're not expecting? Kill off Alice and Marlena too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply