Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:SOD Spoilers & News
Topic Started: Aug 29 2007, 12:16 PM (2,088 Views)
Sephora
Unregistered

DrewHamilton
Aug 30 2007, 04:15 PM

No, Reilly was told he was being replaced, and could work utnil his contract expired in August. He chose to bail and left DAYS hanging. That's why the ghost writers were called in.

She wasn't writing from the end of May until September. You got your facts wrong. Kola Boof was the "ghost writer" for the show for most of what aired in the summer. Beth Milstein's first stuff didn't start airing until August 8, 2006. She wrote John and Marlena's return.

She is listed in the credits. Her name appears at the top of the other writers after Hogan and Meg Kelly. That's why I assumed she was the Associate Head Writer, which I still believe she is.

I can't say if Beth was better than Hogan or not because we didn't actually get to see her own stuff. She was ending Reilly's mess of writing, and following Hogan's outline to get the show to where it was supposed to be when he came on the fall. So to say she was a better writer, we can't really say that. She's a great team writer, which she proved. But without her own original stuff airing, it's impossible to know how she would have turned out.

I guess we all get our information from different places. Sorry, but I trust my source. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not telling you you're wrong or right, but the information I got long before I ever joined a message board conflicts with your presented information.

As I said before, I think it's best that we agree to disagree and move on.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

All you have to do is go to last summer on any message board and you will see what I'm referring to. Reilly left DAYS in May. Kola Boof was brought on as a secret "ghostwriter." She's actually the one that created EJ Wells. Boof was released from the show, and Beth Milstein was named interim head writer, and her work began airing on August 8th, the day John and Marlena returned from their summer hiatus. Beth's stuff aired until October 6th (I believe) which was Hogan's first episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sephora
Unregistered

DrewHamilton
Aug 30 2007, 04:48 PM
All you have to do is go to last summer on any message board and you will see what I'm referring to. Reilly left DAYS in May. Kola Boof was brought on as a secret "ghostwriter." She's actually the one that created EJ Wells. Boof was released from the show, and Beth Milstein was named interim head writer, and her work began airing on August 8th, the day John and Marlena returned from their summer hiatus. Beth's stuff aired until October 6th (I believe) which was Hogan's first episode.

Drew ~ repeat after me ;) We shall agree to disagree. I will not tell you you're wrong but your information based apparently on message boards is not the same as the information I received first hand back in May of last year.

How is it possible if JER left in May and Koola was then brought in for her to create EJ since EJ first appeared on screen May 30th? That completely conflicts on multiple levels including a JS interview where he talked about the audition process.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sephora
Aug 30 2007, 04:54 PM
DrewHamilton
Aug 30 2007, 04:48 PM

Drew ~ repeat after me ;) We shall agree to disagree. I will not tell you you're wrong but your information based apparently on message boards is not the same as the information I received first hand back in May of last year.

How is it possible if JER left in May and Koola was then brought in for her to create EJ since EJ first appeared on screen May 30th?

I'm just telling you the words that came from Kola Boof's mouth, herself. She said that she created EJ Wells. If you were part of SON last summer, you would know exaclty what I'm talking about.

I guess we will just agree to disagree though. :)

Mason
Member Avatar

This is what really bothers me about the Beth Milstein argument. Yes, she was good while she was interim HW, but she was writing the climaxes to all of JER's stories. None of the stories on at the time were actually ones she had started off herself. Again, I like Milstein, but she's not the second coming like so many act like she is.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This from Jason47b's page. October 2006.

Former head writer Beth Ellen Milstein, 49, who was co-head writer with Richard J. Allen for 95 episodes from January 31, 1992 through June 12, 1992 (episodes # 6695-6790), will be acting as interim head writer during the next month or so. Milstein will remain on staff as an associate head writer when Hogan Sheffer takes over sometime in July.

http://boards.sonypictures.com/soaps/showthread.php?t=61258

According to the NBC site, she is still there too. Hogan Sheffer and Meg Kelly are the main ones though. It is updated because Ed Scott has even been added.

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/about/credits.shtml

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

The person who shall not be named never wrote anything that was aired. We all know that. It was such a bunch of baloney. I just hoped to never see this snake raise it's ugly head again. Beth was the interim writer. She is also still listed in the credits (I think I saw that today).

Even though James Scott did not air until the last of May, he had to have been filming two or three weeks before that. I remember when the casting call went out and when JS was hired and that Beth had no idea what to do with him. Hogan told her to just do an umbrella with the black glove and that's why it all began that way. Also, Hogan told her to just finish the stories of JER. The black glove was Hogan's.

Sephora
Unregistered

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 30 2007, 04:59 PM
This is what really bothers me about the Beth Milstein argument. Yes, she was good while she was interim HW, but she was writing the climaxes to all of JER's stories. None of the stories on at the time were actually ones she had started off herself. Again, I like Milstein, but she's not the second coming like so many act like she is.

No, she's not the second coming but she's a hell of a lot better than Hoggie Heffer. And I, as an EJami fan, would disagree on the point she was wrapping up JER's stories, EJami was just beginning when she was writing.
Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sephora
Aug 30 2007, 07:20 PM
Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 30 2007, 04:59 PM

No, she's not the second coming but she's a hell of a lot better than Hoggie Heffer. And I, as an EJami fan, would disagree on the point she was wrapping up JER's stories, EJami was just beginning when she was writing.

Exactly. She was seeting EJ and Sami up for Hogan to fully use them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply