Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Hogestyn Out?!
Topic Started: Aug 30 2007, 09:44 AM (3,957 Views)
Jonatha

Some industry insiders are claiming Days of Our Lives has fired long time star Drake Hogestyn, but no one is confirming it - and worried fans are burning up Weekly's in boxes.

"I haven't heard that rumor," gasps a baffled Peter Reckell. "I can't say this is true." One story has it that new co-Executive Producer Ed Scott addressed the cast and crew recently, saying how excited he was to have come on board, but adding ominously, "If you pout, you are out."

Hogestyn has made no secret of his frustration with the lack of story Days has given him this year, saying at his June 2nd fan event, "I've got six months left on my contract. At some point everybody is going to leave the show."

But was he 'pouting?" Knowing Hogestyn's good nature and professionalism, it's doubtful. So what's the real story? Speculation is that perhaps Days is killing John, or at one point considered it, which sparked these rampant rumors.

But considering Hogestyn's popularity with cast, crew and fans, no one can believe they would actually kill John for real. "I have no answers except to say how much I absolutely love Drake," asserts Alison Sweeney. "What a wonderful addition he is to the show. He started way before me, so we worked together for 15 years. I love him dearly, like a father."

"Damn!" responds a surprised Lauren Koslow. "It would be very sad (if Drake was let go). It's always sad when you lose someone, and I like Drake. We have a really good time working together."

Has the axe fallen? "I don't know anything," Koslow shrugs. "We might all be finding out at the same time!"

Or not, a rep for Days firmly dismisses the hullabaloo as "not true," so, we all can say stay tuned - and don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Unregistered

"If you pout, you're out."

I LOVE IT!
Quote Post Goto Top

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Quote:

Knowing Hogestyn's good nature and professionalism, it's doubtful. So what's the real story? Speculation is that perhaps Days is killing John, or at one point considered it, which sparked these rampant rumors.

But considering Hogestyn's popularity with cast, crew and fans, no one can believe they would actually kill John for real. "I have no answers except to say how much I absolutely love Drake," asserts Alison Sweeney. "What a wonderful addition he is to the show. He started way before me, so we worked together for 15 years. I love him dearly, like a father."

"Damn!" responds a surprised Lauren Koslow. "It would be very sad (if Drake was let go). It's always sad when you lose someone, and I like Drake. We have a really good time working together."

Thank you SOW, Allison Sweeney and Lauren Koslow.

"Knowing Hogestyn's good nature and professionalism, it's doubtful."

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 30 2007, 10:44 AM
Some industry insiders are claiming Days of Our Lives has fired long time star Drake Hogestyn, but no one is confirming it - and worried fans are burning up Weekly's in boxes.

"I haven't heard that rumor," gasps a baffled Peter Reckell. "I can't say this is true." One story has it that new co-Executive Producer Ed Scott addressed the cast and crew recently, saying how excited he was to have come on board, but adding ominously, "If you pout, you are out."

Hogestyn has made no secret of his frustration with the lack of story Days has given him this year, saying at his June 2nd fan event, "I've got six months left on my contract. At some point everybody is going to leave the show."

But was he 'pouting?" Knowing Hogestyn's good nature and professionalism, it's doubtful. So what's the real story? Speculation is that perhaps Days is killing John, or at one point considered it, which sparked these rampant rumors.

Has the axe fallen? "I don't know anything," Koslow shrugs. "We might all be finding out at the same time!"

Or not, a rep for Days firmly dismisses the hullabaloo as "not true," so, we all can say stay tuned - and don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Hmm... I'm not hearing any resentment in Sweeney's voice. I mean, if you were called a B-actor, wouldn't you have resentment?!?! That goes to show that people are jumping to conclusions about Drake's comment, and he wasn't calling the actor B-anything. It was the stories. :)

King
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Aug 30 2007, 09:44 AM
"If you pout, you are out."

I LOVE this! I am so sick of everyone's attitudes on DAYS. The Diva attitudes of the cast and the crew. The untouchable attitude. Screw it.

Ed Scott is the man!

Sephora
Unregistered

Shows you how much I want Hogan Sheffer gone. I came rushing in here to find out the story on Hogan. I read way too fast sometimes.

I have to wonder, however, why this keeps coming up. It happened before and always ended up that the rumour was true and not the party line article handed to SOW/SOD.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

These SOD/SOW articles are not convincing me that he is staying. It really doesn't mean anything.

Jonatha

Angie79
Aug 30 2007, 02:08 PM
These SOD/SOW articles are not convincing me that he is staying. It really doesn't mean anything.

Though I appreciate the words of Ali Sweeney and Lauren Koslow in Drake's favor, I wish that SOW had talked to Deidre Hall. Drake has been her leading man for years, and I would hope she would come out immediately to support him. After all, without Drake, what's Marlena going to do?

Mason

DrewHamilton
Aug 30 2007, 10:58 AM
Hmm... I'm not hearing any resentment in Sweeney's voice. I mean, if you were called a B-actor, wouldn't you have resentment?!?! That goes to show that people are jumping to conclusions about Drake's comment, and he wasn't calling the actor B-anything. It was the stories. :)

Thank you!

I do love the "You pout, you're out" comment though. Where was Ed Scott when Farah Fath was still on the show? :lol:

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I was just at the store and saw the new SOW..Wow its a huge Picture of Drake and it says "Drake Hogestyn fired?"....

I'm starting to think he may just be let go..why would SOW and SOD both have it as their leading story? But then again, remember years ago when it was reported on a well known website that he was fired and it was all just a misunderstanding...

sungrey

I love the comment, too, and I love Ed Scott being at Days...

But I have to add the words "Be careful what you wish for" about Drake. If he goes, we may very well be reading about DAYS' obit late next year. (Or maybe DirecTV will pick it up, too... :D )

King
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 30 2007, 02:08 PM

I know. Not to mention the "rep from DAYS" could be a secretary in the P.R. department. The "rep" from DAYS could be a know-nothing for all we know.

It has to be true.

If it wasn't true, Drake, Corday, Scott, or Hoagie would have been interviewed saying it wasn't true.

SOW got a hold of every DAYS actor except the four (or five if you count Dee) that could REALLY deny it?

Also, why is SOW such a better publication than SOD? They have the same publisher don't they?

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

King, I have no faith in the articles putting to rest that Drake is fired. I still think Corday will fire him.

The thing I am happy about and the only thing that concerns me about the articles are the statements made by SOW, AS, and LK that I bolded earlier.

As far as believing that DRake is not fired - no way do I believe that. Damn Hogan or Corday could say it and I still wouldn't beleive it. These are the men that said the big 4 would be heavily involved again and that there would be no more incest. How can you believe anything that comes out of either one of their mouths.

Now if Ed Scott said it I would believe it. But as far as I am concerned Hogan and Corday have both ruined their reputation as far as telling the truth.

ETA: As far as the Drake firing. I love what AS said about Drake's reputation and being like a father to her but her other statement can be a misread of her line but she speaks in the past tense about Drake:

"we worked together for 15 years"

I did notice that and it concerns me. But as I said I am just happy to hear good press about Drake and it being pointed that the cast and crew still love him and SOW still mentions Drakes positive nature and professionalism.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm still going to hold out faith, that Drake will stay and get a huge storyline..These two covers are obviously going to generate huge buzz about the character of john..And fans are going to freak out, because john is one of the most popular characters on the show..And he has been for 20 years..Maybe the letters and protests that are likely to happen after these issues will make the execs change their mind..

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

Kev, there is already some protests and write in campaigns going on that started with the first rumors. There is at least one petition at the Online Petition Sign to save him. It had at near 2000 signatures in just a few days. Not sure what it has now.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

I remember when Hogan arrived on SON I told everyone how he did the ATWT vets and everyone said, "No, it's a different soap, that is the past." Well he's doing the exact same thing at DAYS.

The only difference is that DAYS fans have more power and can force change. Like this DiMera story, it's all about the ratings and complaints from fans. If Hogan had his way there would be more teens, newbies and EJ hogging the show. He did the exact same thing at ATWT!

Although you may *think* John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, etc. are huge characters, it doesn't matter to him. Tom and Margo were the supercouple of ATWT and Hogan reduced their screentime so much you wouldn't even know where they fit on the show.

Larry Brygmann was on the show for like 30 years and he was fired without a final episode or a mention of where he went. He was one of the most popular leading men, Pre-Hogan.

I feel sorry for Drake and all of his fans. Hopefully you can save him, but I still don't see Hogan writing for him unless forced.

Mason

into_the_skyline
Aug 30 2007, 07:47 PM
I remember when Hogan arrived on SON I told everyone how he did the ATWT vets and everyone said, "No, it's a different soap, that is the past." Well he's doing the exact same thing at DAYS.

Well, congratulations. You've gotten to say I told you so.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 30 2007, 07:58 PM
into_the_skyline
Aug 30 2007, 07:47 PM

Well, congratulations. You've gotten to say I told you so.

Mason, you sure have changed your tone regarding Hogan. I remember when you were one of his staunchest defenders, even during the Jan-May fiasco. :lol:

Mason

I still support Hogan, and want him to remain DAYS's HW. But I can't deny that his writing hasn't been up to the quality that I know it could be at. I've seen his work at its best and this is not it. I really truly believe he needs a new Co-HW.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Mason AKA Hogan
Aug 30 2007, 08:09 PM
I really truly believe he needs a new Co-HW.

I've said that all along! Meg Kelly is horrendous! I was totally surprised when he chose her of all people to be his Co-head writer. Corday needs to swallow his freakin' pride and give Sheri Anderson a damn call!

There's too many inconsistencies in Hogan's writing for Days, a large part of that has to do with his writing staff being filled with writers who've never written for the show and don't know what Days is supposed to be about.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply