Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days:More casting news from SNS; *updated 9/3*
Topic Started: Sep 2 2007, 12:55 AM (2,849 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/vi...pic.php?t=15115

It basically says that one reliable source is saying that Deidre Hall is also out, but it isn't confirmed by more than one source yet.

Plus stuff we have already heard:

James Scott may also be out.

Thaao, Joe, and Leann may be out or just put on recurring.

ETA:Link to Wendy's post

http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/foru...scene&tid=21648

NEW INFO:

Wendy updated that the show is asking Deidre to take another paycut and if she doesn't than she is gone.

Also that Hogan Sheffer reads the boards and it gave him the opportunity to get rid of Drake and Deidre when he saw that the fans didn't watch them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Angie79
Sep 2 2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.soapnewsandscoops.com/forums/vi...pic.php?t=15115

It basically says that one reliable source is saying that Deidre Hall is also out, but it isn't confirmed by more than one source yet.

Plus stuff we have already heard:

James Scott may also be out.

Thaao, Joe, and Leann may be out or just put on recurring.

Maybe it's the fangurl in me, but I just find all this James Scott speculation wishful thinking on the part of people who don't like him or EJ.

Why piss off the Lumi fans senselessly now by having Sami shown developing feelings for and getting close to EJ only to have him eliminated so Lumi can get back together at the same time they are making EJami fans happy FOR NOW and then planning to pull the rug out from under them? I just don't see it.

Also, who are they going to give airtime if they take it away from Thaao, Leann and Joe? Probably someone who doesn't interest me. *sigh*

And it sucks if they can't think up any Dee stories with Drake gone. REALLY sucks.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I just don't see ALL of this being true. I will be shocked if they do get rid of Deidre!

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I would be shocked if this was all true...sounds a bit too rumory now. I could see Day's axing Drake....but I find Dee harder to believe.

Any why dump James Scott?....considering how much Day is pushing EJ/Santo, i find that hard to believe.

And, it would suck if Thaoo & Joe were "punked" into returning to Days again, only to be promptly shown the door again; but, who knows with Days anymore.

Mason
Member Avatar

If John, Marlena, Stefano, E.J., Tony and Anna are ALL out, I am so done, and so is DAYS.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Well Leann Hunley is ALREADY recurring. She never signed a contract. She only had run in the credits one time during August cause she was on one day in August. If she was contract she would of been on every week.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It's too bad that Leann is not on contract and we see Tony and Leann instead of Kayla and Steve. They are the magical and fun couple.

Marlena definitely has lots of story to do. I think someone is having a blast by getting folks all upset about "everyone" going.

Manny
Member Avatar

I heard that James Scott wants out himself. He wants to do other things.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Well, if the runours about Drake being gone are true, I expected Deidre to be gone, as well. I can't say I'm disappointed lol.

bellcurve
Unregistered

Jigga whaaaa?! Dee is out too?!

I know alot of people don't think that characters make/break a show, but a lot of the show(even without the main story being her) is centered around Marlena! Getting rid of Deidre Hall would be such a HUGE void for DAYS.

I can understand firing Drake...but Dee too?!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Either Wendy is smoking some serious crack with all these crazy casting scoops...or we are in for a some serious shocks behind the scenes...If John, Marlena, tony, Anna, Stefano and EJ the backlash would be incredible..And why would Days hire Thaao and JM back just to can them again..

I really hope none of these aren't true..Drake leaving is bad enough..I can't lose the rest..

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Getting rid of Marlena is just huge..She is someone that should be with the show until the end..She's the only actress with special credits..Plus her character is a mother to two popular characters on the show..What would Sami and Belle do without their mother..

Maybe its time to stick a fork in Days..I think its done..

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Kevc1980
Sep 2 2007, 05:35 AM
Getting rid of Marlena is just huge..She is someone that should be with the show until the end..She's the only actress with special credits..Plus her character is a mother to two popular characters on the show..What would Sami and Belle do without their mother..

Maybe its time to stick a fork in Days..I think its done..

I have to agree

But of course we will get that old arguement that DAYS survived without her before, and while that is true, DAYS was getting a 5.3 Household rating and 6 million viewers a day back then and soaps were flourishing.

Manny
Member Avatar

Rick
Sep 2 2007, 11:43 AM
But of course we will get that old arguement that DAYS survived without her before, and while that is true, DAYS was getting a 5.3 Household rating and 6 million viewers a day back then and soaps were flourishing.

Yes, but I don't think that we can use that argument that Dee and others were gone from the show before. It was a different time for soaps back then.

KMan101
Member Avatar

If Joe, Thaao, Leann and Deidre are out ... I'm done watching. That's disgusting and not necessary.

KMan101
Member Avatar

And it's not a matter of "they survived before without her" it's a matter of them firing a 31 year veteran from this show who has been nothing but loyal. I'm mad that Drake's being fired as well (not because I'll miss John though).

It won't save DAYS at all. The budget, maybe, but the ratings will remain stagnant.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I know James Scott has adoring fans. I like him and think he's great and think it would suck to lose him, but what's so hard to believe that he wants out? He clearly has other areas of his life that he wants to focus on. And why is he untouchable? Anyone clearly can get fired so why not him?

Fanbases obviously mean nothing (which to some would be a good thing) right now.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Deidre won't be fired, IMO. No way.

Regardless of anything else, she's still the face of Days. She's the "Erica Kane" of Days. She's the Susan Lucci of NBC Daytime. Firing her would do WAY more damage in the media than it's worth, IMO. NBC knows this... or at least they should.

Jonatha

KMan101
Sep 2 2007, 05:36 AM
I know James Scott has adoring fans. I like him and think he's great and think it would suck to lose him, but what's so hard to believe that he wants out? He clearly has other areas of his life that he wants to focus on. And why is he untouchable? Anyone clearly can get fired so why not him?

Fanbases obviously mean nothing (which to some would be a good thing) right now.

This all feels like deja vu from Labor day weekend of 2004.

On a more hopeful note there have been a few posters who attended a James Scott fan event this past week. And they say he was asked directly if he's leaving and he said no. Saying he's liking the changes Ed Scott is doing and he is happy with the direction of his character.

:shrug:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Sep 2 2007, 07:33 AM
Deidre won't be fired, IMO. No way.

Regardless of anything else, she's still the face of Days. She's the "Erica Kane" of Days. She's the Susan Lucci of NBC Daytime. Firing her would do WAY more damage in the media than it's worth, IMO. NBC knows this... or at least they should.

I agree. Unless Dee is walking on her on, perhaps because of Drake's firing (if that's even true), then she should not be going anywhere. I don't care what people think about one person not being the sole and core of the show. Marlena Evans is the face of DAYS, whether you want to admit it or not. She just is.

Every soap has their "face." AMC has Erica. OLTL has Viki. Y&R has Victor. GH has Luke. GL has Reva. You would never see the shows firing these actors, just because the fans have grown so accustomed to seeing their face on the show. It would honestly be suicide to fire one of them.

If this is true, and Dee didn't leave willingly, DAYS just handed it's soul to the devil.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply